Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:58 AM

If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course (32504 Views)

Go Back To School At Age 40 / 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Mkingz(m): 9:15am On Sep 21, 2019
Lol...ontop which head grin grin cheesy
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 21, 2019
No I won't. I will study a medical course like pharmacy or nursing. That's where the money at.

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 21, 2019
Sleekfun:
The question is for bachelor degree holders alone ...so i cannot put mouth inside ...i have HND ...So i walk out in Peace ...Cheers...
Low self esteem at work.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by soleexx(m): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2019
YBNDave1000:
Which school? I want to study that course but not a lot of schools offer it...I prefer it to computer Science Cos I heard computer science has a lot of mathematics

not lots
each semester u will handle a single maths (calculation)
till u finish....and it's just basics
the rest na writing and coding
pls go for it

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by kaziblake(f): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2019
safarigirl:
you probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as you think you would have.

Law was my first love, but I abhor it so much today and wish I had done something else that had a clearer path. This law, if you don't have foundation in it, as in, relatives that are already established, it is almost impossible to make something of yourself. Even worse, it is limited in Nigeria.

Me, I wish I had studied Education, Mass Comm or even a language like French
Wow.. Thanks for the eye opener..My dad was a banker and my mum a business woman.. I don't think I have any family member that read law..
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by soleexx(m): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2019
well I'm glad I study wot I love and whr my talent is... Computer Science...I'm doing well in my field but If I'm giving d grace to go back to skol I would rather love to study same course in advance country that valuable IT

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 21, 2019
safarigirl:
you probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as you think you would have.

Law was my first love, but I abhor it so much today and wish I had done something else that had a clearer path. This law, if you don't have foundation in it, as in, relatives that are already established, it is almost impossible to make something of yourself. Even worse, it is limited in Nigeria.

Me, I wish I had studied Education, Mass Comm or even a language like French
Why would you want education line, I studied an education course as a double major and I abhor it
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by jaxxy(m): 9:28am On Sep 21, 2019
Motunemotun:
Good afternoon Careerlanders wink

What’s your Bachelors degree in ?

And if you had the chance to go back to school will you still do the same course ?

If yes , why ?
If no , why ?!

Well, I had a degree in pharmacology and if I had the opportunity to go back to school I would choose Pharmacy

So tell us your own

U didn’t state ur reason why?
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 21, 2019
aprilwise:
I won't advice my enemy to attend abubakar tafawa balewa university Bauchi

But I know a number of successful people that schooled there ..why is your matter different ? Stop blaming school for u situation ..carve a niche

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Enyimbamercedes: 9:39am On Sep 21, 2019
I’d go for a vocational course, become a mechanic, get employed with a Formula One team and travel to races around the world!

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by sexiestharam(f): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2019
YBNDave1000:
Which school? I want to study that course but not a lot of schools offer it...I prefer it to computer Science Cos I heard computer science has a lot of mathematics
My dear, if you are running away from Mathematics, do not near Chem Engineering. Don't even smell it. Chemical Engineering has the most mathematics in any Engineering course.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Glaxxs: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2019
I read an education course, but was fortunate to work in a media firm right after service year. So, if I had the opportunity, I'd go read Multimedia journalism..Notwithstanding, NIJ on my mind.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by sexiestharam(f): 9:45am On Sep 21, 2019
danjumakolo:

Hmmm...also have Masters in Chem Engr,but will rather go for Quantum Physics the second time
Wow. Your head must be really hot o. Lol. Quantum Physics ke.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Santinho: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2019
I have HND in Mass Comm. I love the course but lack of practicals and usaugae of communication gadgets limited my exposure. Mind you, I was really good back then in school.
If I have the opportunity again, I would have find my way out of this country and hustle outside. Las Las Na money sure pass

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Adakintroy2: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2019
Yes o. I had intended studying law. But my cutoff no reach so I ended up with sociology. Turns out it's just the course to navigate through this complex twenty first century.

Brilliant, brilliant advance cousre.. anyone 2ho is not in the decipline of humanity in this century is missing out.

Love for august comte, max weber, Hebert spencer, Karl max, Radcliff brown. Malinowski, Talcott person. Shout to all sociologist and anthropologist out there.

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by aprilwise(m): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2019
Mustsucceed:

But I know a number of successful people that schooled there ..why is your matter different ? Stop blaming school for u situation ..carve a niche
I'm not doing bad for myself and am not saying the school is bad it just that the hard way is the only way. I have wore the shoe before so how know how it felt.

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by eph12(m): 10:01am On Sep 21, 2019
olalekan9320:

I'm still praying that it should become a blessing for me o
Not like there aren't opportunities o. There's NBC, UAC, dominos, some Pharmaceutical companies etc that pay really well at entry level o. It's just that it's so much tougher to get in with no experience and without knowing anybody.

I'll advice you start getting as many experiences as you can while you're yet in school. If you have to volunteer, please do
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by spiritedtete: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2019
If i can realign... i will go into Football caoching managment... and corporate Spy consultant. ... it is not too late for one though...

It is just what i enjoy... "Analysing and reading minds".. it is fun
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Bestlily(f): 10:04am On Sep 21, 2019
Blankstare:

With first and second degree in History single honours. Will go for sciences and study pharmacy.

hello historian!

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Sheggun1: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2019
BetterPoison:
If I had the opportunity to go back, I wouldn't even apply for jamb... All my friends that engaged in yahoo yahoo back in 2008/2012 no dey Nigeria again and they are doing fine with wife and kids. Am here with a Bachelors degree that can't even get me a good job to hold body and soul together talk less of having a family
I feel ur pain bro
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2019
I can see here that most of us didn't like the choice of what we studied. Well, hardly would you come across this disconnect in advance countries. Our educational system is wack. Secondary school students, especially public schools, are not well nurtured, therefore making them not harness that potentials.

For me, I never knew I was good in Maths, or any other subject for that matter. I read through it all after I failed woefully in my waec. It was that bad.

For those that are yet to enter the university, study well, get properly oriented about a choice of study, and go for the course you know you can excel in, that has its practical relevance in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Chronicgenius: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2019
smeag0l:
If it were years ago when I graduated, I would study same course over and over again without blinking but if it were now, I'd probably study something different.

Brother man,please what course is it?
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2019
Bestlily:

hello historian!
Message me on Whatsapp, I want to discuss something with you
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by deebrain(m): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2019
God forbid

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Ebukawaylaid(m): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Odogu9195:
2.1 in Economic and if I where to go back, I for follow my Niggas them they press laptop. Cos work I nor get, buh my G them some done build house and hostel from lapi money

Bro, good morning. I'm a final year student of Economics. Please, what advice do you have for your junior colleague. Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Bestlily(f): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2019
I would have gone for a language course, education, public health related work maybe taking care of old men and women or agriculture

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Juenwume: 10:22am On Sep 21, 2019
eTECTIV:
I dey mad?? With my passion for IT and gadgets I'm damn sure I studied d wrong course.. My hustle for start from skool..
Same here bro. I have extremely strong passion for IT. I studied Electrical/Electronic Engineering; i would've gone for Software Engineering.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Bestlily(f): 10:24am On Sep 21, 2019
mikezuruki:

Message me on Whatsapp, I want to discuss something with you
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by hadeyemoheirstar(f): 10:27am On Sep 21, 2019
Chemistry
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:28am On Sep 21, 2019
Never angry . Despite all the stress and hard work I had a 3rd class. Thank God for ACCA
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by InansBobo(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2019
sexiestharam:
Never! I read Chemical Engineering. I should have read industrial relations and Human Resource Management!
what's your reason? It's toughness or job prospects?
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by LordPherule(m): 10:33am On Sep 21, 2019
Motunemotun:
Good afternoon Careerlanders wink

What’s your Bachelors degree in ?
And if you had the chance to go

Well, I had a degree in pharmacology and if I had the opportunity to go back to school I would choose Pharmacy

So tell us your own

I had B. Tech in Industrial Mathematics with no passion for it but for leaving the house with mindset to retake UTME or cross to Geology after 4 semesters which was successful, my name was amongst at the Senate meeting but was bleeped by my damn HOD Alao apari man. I just proceed to bag the initial degree and if I had the chance to start over at school, I would choose Geology or further into Data Science.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / Simple Jobs Unemployed Nigerians Can Do And Make Money On Fiverr / Palmchat Partners With A Nairalander, Tosyne2much For Posting "10 Things"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.