Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,745 members, 7,941,832 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:08 PM

Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority (42682 Views)

Between A Peugeot 206, Kia Rio And Ford Focus, Which Will You Recommend / 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. / Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:48am On Sep 29, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Leave my friend who drives the RX 300.....

LoL
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:50am On Sep 29, 2019
sammy199:
pls friends wat is the price range of a 1998 tokunbo Nissan primera, and also 1998 Nissan Almera?

10,000 NAIRA ... WE HOPE THAT THE ANSWER IS GOOD.

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:57am On Sep 29, 2019
Ayodaygee:

Bros...nah play him dey play with u nah cheesy

Bro, Dude keeps running amok in Benz threads bring up Toyota and Lexus talk...we have jrard him in the other thread and we know that Toyota are the best cars in Milky ways but can he allow us have a benz conversation in peace or maybe he wants conversion to Benz... but how can people come to Bemz thread and start Toyota talk...it is funny

Cant people have decent conversation in peace without trolls everywhere

Just look at it from that angle bros....I am not angry at anyone, We are here discussing and some people are learning and taking and making inforned decision, so why troll a great thread...why dont they go open a thread or topic to discuss their Lexus and Toyota things.... opening thread is free, the last time I checked

7 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 7:00am On Sep 29, 2019
naijadrivablog:

Why are you advicing against the KOMPRESSOR upgrade? Throw more light on that pls.

I am eyeing a C230 Kompressor

I heard that Kompressor engine is a bit complicated and it has somw level of phobia for water and we are in tropics, it rains well...My Mechanic would always advice for same class the 4MATIC version...with 12 plugs...the v6 engine...that one is more rgged and can take stuffs thrown on it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2019
This thread, as is customary with Benz threads, is filled with people who know nothing about cars.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
This thread, as is customary with Benz threads, is filled with people who know nothing about cars.

Some of us are users of Benz and we have loved the marquee we never said that we are mechanics or engineers...we have our various jobs

Now that you know a whole lot about Benz and all the Benz products..maybe we can start learning from you the master himself. We can drink from your almighty fountain of Benz knowledge.

We would be pleased if you can educated us where there is any thing that we don't know or maybe teach us how best we can handle our Benz products

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Some of us are users of Benz and we have loved the marquee we never said that we are mechanics or engineers...we have our various jobs

Now that you know a whole lot about Benz and all the Benz products..maybe we can start learning from you the master himself. We can drink from your almighty fountain of Benz knowledge.

We would be pleased if you can educated us where there is any thing that we don't know or maybe teach us how best we can handle our Benz products

Thanks

Yeah, no. I'll pass.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:33am On Sep 29, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Before nko

You're as disgusting as ever, Mr Lecturer.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You're as disgusting as ever, Mr Lecturer.

Young man good morning to you. We're in the era of cyberpeace.

6 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah, no. I'll pass.

Only you..yes and no

Trust me, you might not know anything about cars ...maybe you just wanna talk . Even if you know, you might not know anything about Benz

Trust me on this sir

4 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Before nko

Dude knows nothing...why are you throwing up bro

5 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Dude knows nothing...why are you throwing up bro

You don't want to find out. However the era of cyberpeace is here

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2019
Heav.enlyBang:
Kingreign you don't have to share this post in hiding...

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by naijanaso: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2019
Ayodaygee:

W202 MB right?

Don't know engine specs but both me and all my friends who used/use Mercedes Benz enjoyed/are enjoying their Benz. No dull moments.

4 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
Smartchoiice:

You don't want to find out. However the era of cyberpeace is here
I really do want to learn, I am open to learning so that I why I begged

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by happydude: 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
Good day everyone. Pls what's the pros and con of a m271 on a c230 kompressor engine and what can be done to avoid their untimely issues that keeps reoccurring. And why is the m272 engine more favourable. Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
happydude:
Good day everyone. Pls what's the pros and con of a m271 on a c230 kompressor engine and what can be done to avoid their untimely issues that keeps reoccurring. And why is the m272 engine more favourable. Thanks for your time.

Hmmm...a lot to learn from this question.

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

After writing this...the right thing is to educate us on what we know nothing about. grin

We are all here to learn.

4 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by 735i(m): 11:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
greenhulk:

So for ur mind u think I don't know it's Toyota that makes Lexus. Oga try again. Read my comment again this time slowly. Lexus is a luxury brand of Toyota, but not all Lexus cars are glorified Toyota. Can u kindly tell me which Toyota brand Lexus gs350 was made from, or which Toyota brand the Lexus LC was made from, or which Toyota brand Lexus LS was made from. So because the new Toyota supra has a BMW engine means the supra is a glorified BMW? Or because jaguar shares parts with Aston Martin then Aston Martin is a glorified Jaguar? Or rolls Royce is a glorified BMW because they share parts? In fact u are right. E get some things we don't argue in public.

Bro...like you said, somethings are not worth arguing in public. I drive a GS300. My neighbour drives an 08 Avalon. Having ridden with me a couple of times, he respects my badge. EOD.
The GS was built way ahead of it's time.

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by dokyOloye: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2019
cucumbar:
Abeg, what about C300 4matic, 2010 model?
I own an 09 for 3+years now.
Repairs since then include a rear differential(axle) for 20k.
The side mirrors trafficators,10k for both.
Bushing on the arm 5k(minus labour)
Shaft hose 10k for both sides.
Stabilizer linkage, 20k for both.
Rear brake discs 6k for both
Front shock absorbers 110k ,Sachs OEM(Same brand for a Toyota muscle costs about 80k)
Others are just routine wear and tear stuff like brake pads 12k for front, 10k or so for rear.
Engine air filters 6k or so.
Cabin air filters 6k or so.
Engine oil 13-17k X 2gallons depending on the brand.I change oil b/w every 8-10 months.
Star oil for the transmission 3.5k X 7 cans(once every 40k miles or so.

Car drives like dream,though no longer my daily driver.
Fuel consumption is superb for a V6 esp on the highway,full tank of 60 liters takes me 500km to my place in d east with A/C thruout.

N/B.If you want to buy,make sure you buy a non-abused one.

12 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 7:30am On Sep 30, 2019
dokyOloye:
Front shock absorbers 110k ,Sachs OEM(Same brand for a Toyota muscle costs about 80k)
Others are just routine wear and tear stuff like brake pads 12k for front, 10k or so for rear.
Engine oil 13-17k X 2gallons depending on the brand.I change oil b/w every 8-10 months.

Fuel consumption is superb for a V6 esp on the highway,full tank of 60 liters takes me 500km to my place in d east with A/C thruout.

This is what I call analysis.... Superb

8 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by happydude: 8:00am On Sep 30, 2019
Indeed great for a c300 but can a c230k current user share his or opinion too it will be great too.
dokyOloye:

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by RZArecta2(m): 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
happydude:
Indeed great for a c300 but can a c230k current user share his or opinion too it will be great too.
i believe aunty Radautoworks has a c230k but I’m not sure about the model year.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 6:39am On Oct 01, 2019
Bros....I love this analysis. This is what we all want.

Thanks.

dokyOloye:

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 6:44am On Oct 01, 2019
Anyone with the C240 (2001 - 2003) W203 (not 4matic)?

Please give us the price for the:
* Engine
* Gear box
* Shocks
* Anything that goes bad often

If you own a C320 W203 (not 4matic), u can give us same details.

Thanks. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 7:09am On Oct 02, 2019
Benz is such a great car....my ML 320 2004 model is so safe that it comes with 8 airbags as a standard...4 by the doors, two by the dash and two by the frame !

The handling of that car is so heavy and funny enough it doesn't consume fuel! That can is so economical and yet it comes with 12 fúcking Plugs!

Open the engine and see massive ness

5 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Blanc8(m): 9:31am On Oct 02, 2019
Ayodaygee:
Anyone with the C240 (2001 - 2007) W203 (not 4matic)?

* Engine
* Gear box
* Shocks
*Fuel consumption
*Would you advise for Uber, Say I'm I both partner and driver, I don't want to drive 'E hailing car - Corolla'

Thanks. cheesy
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ayodaygee:
Anyone with the C240 (2001 - 2007) W203 (not 4matic)?

* Engine
* Gear box
* Shocks

Thanks. cheesy
Let's wait.... Users of that brand would contact you... Haven't used it
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Luxurydriverng: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
Mercedes Benz C class non 4matic

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2019
Luxurydriverng:
Mercedes Benz C class non 4matic

Your recommendation.
Thanks boss.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Let's wait.... Users of that brand would contact you... Haven't used it

Yeah...waiting cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened / Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan / This Is Not The Regular Volkswagen Beetle; It Has Been Customized For Offroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.