Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,111 members, 7,973,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 03:37 AM

Why Is P-square So Popular? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Is P-square So Popular? (2020 Views)

Where The Hell Is P Square / Bad Boy Entertainment: Is P Diddy Loosing His Shine? / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is P-square So Popular? by VPersie: 5:49am On Nov 01, 2010
I was going through Youtube and found that while p-square's videos have hundred of thousand and even millions of views, those of other nigerian popular artistes like 9ice and Dbanj are in the mere tens of thousands. What explains this discrepancy in the popularity of p-square compared to other Nigerian acts.
Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by googles: 8:28am On Nov 01, 2010
Duh ! wat kind of dumb kweshun is this ?. . . Hopefully, you 'll get an answer by the end of the year
Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by VPersie: 12:19am On Nov 02, 2010
I am pretty dumb. That is why I need you to enlighten me. Please help me with the crumbs of knowledge that fall from your wisdom feast.
Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by Mobinga: 12:38am On Nov 02, 2010
They are popular because they Nigerians like and publicize artistes who make absolutely no meaning on their tracks. eg. Terry G
Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by VPersie: 5:24am On Nov 02, 2010
Good point. Class, does anyone agree or disagree with her?
Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by yoji: 6:04am On Nov 02, 2010
I remember goin tru nairaland reviews of psquare's danger album, while I felt d album was okay most nairaland posts gave d impression they had crashed and burnt with it. Fastforward a few months now they have 9 nominations for MAMA awards. The thing is naija fans always want sumtin new but don't appreciate it over a long period of time. Once u appear at d top, d only way to go is DOWN, but I guess this trend doesn't appear across d continent so psquare upon their intro had their sights set on more faithfully audiences outside naija and that's y they've been able to remain so popuilar. While d quality in their music remains controversial, there is no doubtin d quality in their brandin. I mean imagine d gimmik-a pair of dancin twins who don't look bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by yoji: 2:14am On Nov 03, 2010
I remember goin tru nairaland reviews of psquare's danger album, while I felt d album was okay most nairaland posts gave d impression they had crashed and burnt with it. Fastforward a few months now they have 9 nominations for MAMA awards. The thing is naija fans always want sumtin new but don't appreciate it over a long period of time. Once u appear at d top, d only way to go is DOWN, but I guess this trend doesn't appear across d continent so psquare upon their intro had their sights set on more faithfully audiences outside naija and that's y they've been able to remain so popuilar. While d quality in their music remains controversial, there is no doubtin d quality in their brandin. I mean imagine d gimmik-a pair of dancin twins who don't look bad.
Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by Ndus4real: 10:30am On Aug 29, 2013
VPersie: I was going through Youtube and found that while p-square's videos have hundred of thousand and even millions of views, those of other nigerian popular artistes like 9ice and Dbanj are in the mere tens of thousands. What explains this discrepancy in the popularity of p-square compared to other Nigerian acts.
simply put: psquare is simply d best. U can't outshine them. They always come out with a unique video n thier love songs d way they express it, is out of dis world.i love dier vocals die and psquare can do no wrong in my eyes, thier live performers are so outstanding,thier costume gush!! no other artiste can do it better, thier dance moves are very tight,being d only top artiste who can dance well in d whole africa,d list goes on n on. They deserve all d popularity in d world. Ok! learner(vpersie), i sh'dn't be doing dis,b'cos d reasons are quite obvious, hope u hv gotten 1 or 2 points "learner".
Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by tontodike1: 9:58am On Dec 31, 2013
P-square drawing by google rated Nigerian best Artist and lagos reknown portrait artist (Ayeola Ayodeji Awizzy)

1 Like

Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by joywendy(f): 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ask google
Re: Why Is P-square So Popular? by Irokonews: 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
PETER OKOYE CLEARS THE AIR, REVEALS EVERYTHING ABOUT PSQUARE FEUD:
As fans of Psquare continue to express their utter unhappiness about the open reality of PSquare split, Peter Okoye in an exclusive interview with NetNG on Thursday, 17th March disclosed that himself and his twin, Paul currentkly have separate managements... for details, follow the lin below
http://www.irokonews.com/2016/03/peter-okoye-clears-air-reveals.html

(1) (Reply)

Bashorun Gaa/Versus Official Review - Soundhive Naija / Free Tickets To Davido's Album Launch!! / [MP3] Olamide – “science Student” (prod. Young John & Bbanks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.