Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,199 members, 7,887,510 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:53 AM

“I Will Not Resign - Bayelsa Speaker War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Will Not Resign - Bayelsa Speaker War (478 Views)

Teenager Threatens To Commit Suicide If Buhari Does Not Resign / Uche Secondus: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman / Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Will Not Resign - Bayelsa Speaker War by NaijaLiveTv247(m): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
“I will not resign as doing so will not in anyway help the PDP succeed in the November 16, Governorship elections” – Bayelsa Speaker Warns Dickson, others

….“I served the Party PDP and Govermor Seriake Dickson faithfully and with unflinching loyalty“

Speaker of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Tonye Isenah, has vowed not to resign his position contrary to the directive of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leaders including the state Governor, Seriake Dickson.

Isenah came under intense pressure to relinquish his office in the House of Assembly to enable his party balance political equations ahead of the November 16 governorship election.

The speaker was said to have reached an agreement with Dickson and other PDP leaders to vacate his office in the event that Senator Douye Diri, who hails from his Kolokuma-Opokuma Local Government Area, emerged the candidate of the PDP for the election.

Following the emergence of Diri, PDP leaders were said to have asked Isenah to surrender his position to another lawmaker from Southern Ijaw to enable the party garner votes from the council.

But Isenah was said to have insisted that he would not let go of his position before the governorship poll.

The speaker in a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media, Aotendeike Boloigha, said he had served the PDP faithfully and had yet to see how his resignation would help the party in the forthcoming poll.

He also denied the insinuations that Dickson was after him because he failed to carry out the governor’s request to initiate an impeachment proceeding against his Deputy, Rear Admiral John Jonah (retd).

READ MORE....... https://www.naijalivetv.com/i-will-not-resign-as-doing-so-will-not-in-anyway-help-the-pdp-succeed-in-the-november-16-governorship-elections-bayelsa-speaker-warns-dickson-others/

Re: “I Will Not Resign - Bayelsa Speaker War by adonis89(m): 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
Dickson is just mad. Because d speaker refused to impeach the deputy governor, so he should resign. We'll vote him out
Re: “I Will Not Resign - Bayelsa Speaker War by Afamed: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
Party of confusion
Re: “I Will Not Resign - Bayelsa Speaker War by mrvitalis(m): 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
adonis89:
Dickson is just mad. Because d speaker refused to impeach the deputy governor, so he should resign. We'll vote him out
Did u read this same article ?
Re: “I Will Not Resign - Bayelsa Speaker War by muykem: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
PDP in disarray. They have gave victory to APC even before election.
Re: “I Will Not Resign - Bayelsa Speaker War by adonis89(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
mrvitalis:

Did u read this same article ?
OGA d article is trash. We are on ground right here in Bayelsa and we know the motive of Dickson
Re: “I Will Not Resign - Bayelsa Speaker War by adonis89(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
Talking about the political balance and rotation. The agreement was should incase Douye Diri wins, the speaker will step down since him and Douye are from same senatorial district. Just because the deputy governor is no more with him, he wants to impeach him and d speaker refused

(1) (Reply)

(secret Reveal)-see What PDP Governor's Told Wike It's Unbelievable / I Need Answers To This Questions Pls / Bayelsa State Election(the Best Man For The Job)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.