Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,283 members, 7,881,055 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:36 AM

Nigeria & Health Information Management - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria & Health Information Management (11453 Views)

Very Important Health Information / Zika Virus Is In Nigeria- Health Minister / Nigeria’s Health Minister Lied, Nigerian Doctor Was Not ‘cured’ Of Ebola – WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Nigeria & Health Information Management by utytill(m): 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2018
Damfostopper:
ur state?
akwa ibom
Re: Nigeria & Health Information Management by Damfostopper(m): 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
utytill:
akwa ibom
admission forms is normally sold around April at Shim-Uyo...., at University of Uyo teaching hospital .....you can check out at that time or before then..... I did my ND there before completing HND at Shim-UCTH,,,, Calabar
Re: Nigeria & Health Information Management by Edikan101: 6:14pm On Jan 29
VikDouglas:
@Ighojob you must have graduated by now.
Health Information management is highly recognised and regulated in Nigeria. Admission is through JAMB; a 1yr compulsory IT and service (NYSC) on completion of d 5yr course (including IT) - 6yrs to complete.
The course is very interesting and challenging (looking at course contents), depending on how you approach studies, and especially if you're a lover of mathematics and IT.

However note that studying HIM widely encompasses knowledge in Management and administration, computer Sc., Anatomy and physiology, Data management, records mgt, clinical Coding, heavy mathematics and statistics course works.

If you want to stand out, pursuing professional competency in Database Administration, Data Analytics or Data Science, Computer programming, computer networking, information security will be highly valuable and desirable by potential employers, as we're quickly moving in the informatics direction today. Else, you'll be just another degree holder with no competencies.

Goodluck!

Updated: 2nd Dec, 2021.
VikDouglas:
@Ighojob you must have graduated by now.
Health Information management is highly recognised and regulated in Nigeria. Admission is through JAMB; a 1yr compulsory IT and service (NYSC) on completion of d 5yr course (including IT) - 6yrs to complete.
The course is very interesting and challenging (looking at course contents), depending on how you approach studies, and especially if you're a lover of mathematics and IT.

However note that studying HIM widely encompasses knowledge in Management and administration, computer Sc., Anatomy and physiology, Data management, records mgt, clinical Coding, heavy mathematics and statistics course works.

If you want to stand out, pursuing professional competency in Database Administration, Data Analytics or Data Science, Computer programming, computer networking, information security will be highly valuable and desirable by potential employers, as we're quickly moving in the informatics direction today. Else, you'll be just another degree holder with no competencies.

Goodluck!

Updated: 2nd Dec, 2021.

Hi please Iam looking to pursue a masters in health information management. Though I didn't do it for my undergrad. I know nothing about what the course is about. I am really bad at mathematics. Please does the course have my h mathematics to it? Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dua's Layer : New Layer Discovered In The Cornea / Jonathan Moves To Prevent Doctors' Strike (Meets With NMA) / Cross Rivers' NMA Suspends Strike, Joins COVID-19 Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.