Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,628 members, 7,962,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

Billy Porter Becomes First Openly Gay Black Man To Win Lead Actor In A Drama At - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Billy Porter Becomes First Openly Gay Black Man To Win Lead Actor In A Drama At (675 Views)

Drama At Ikorodu Cemetery Over Mohbad’s Burial (Video) / Shocking New Photos Of Tinsel Lead Actor, Victor Olaotan Surfaces / Small Doctor: "I Want To Marry Cee-C, I Need A Drama Queen In My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billy Porter Becomes First Openly Gay Black Man To Win Lead Actor In A Drama At by henrynwafor(m): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2019
Pose” star, Billy Porter made history at the Emmys last night when he became the first openly gay black man to win outstanding lead actor in a drama.

The 50-year-old actor played the role of 'Pray Tell', the HIV-positive emcee of the New York balls, in Ryan Murphy’s culture-shifting series about trans culture in the 1980s and ’90s.

“James Baldwin said it took many years of vomiting up all the filth I had been taught about myself before I could walk around this Earth like I have the right to be here.

We as artists are the people that get to change the molecular structure of the hearts and minds of the people who live on this planet. Please don’t ever stop doing that. Please don’t ever stop telling the truth” Porter said on stage at the Microsoft Theater.
See other winners:https://www.ligitnews.com/post/billy-porter-becomes-first-openly-gay-black-man-to-win-lead-actor-in-a-drama-at-the-emmys

Re: Billy Porter Becomes First Openly Gay Black Man To Win Lead Actor In A Drama At by henrynwafor(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2019
cc: MissyB3
Re: Billy Porter Becomes First Openly Gay Black Man To Win Lead Actor In A Drama At by henrynwafor(m): 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2019
congrats to the gay man grin grin
Re: Billy Porter Becomes First Openly Gay Black Man To Win Lead Actor In A Drama At by Palehair: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2019
He killed the role especially when praytell breaks down now that's pure acting gold

(1) (Reply)

Deejeey Fosty CEO Of Tunez Ent. Confirms AY Live In Umuahia This Dec. / Tiwa Savage Goes Braless In A Photoshoot / Erigga Perparboi And Joeboy Performance Live At Abu Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.