Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,158 members, 7,949,986 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

I Used To Scavenge With My Children – An Old Woman Reveals - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Used To Scavenge With My Children – An Old Woman Reveals (175 Views)

Zugacoin: Nigerian Cryptocurrency To Be Used To Buy Innoson Vehicles, Others / Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO / Jason Njoku: "My Children Won't Inherit My Money" - Iroko TV Boss Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Used To Scavenge With My Children – An Old Woman Reveals by DanielOwen2050(m): 11:34am On Sep 23, 2019
The middle-aged woman Identified as Yinusa was found in a dump site where she works daily to make a living by scavenging at Oto Ilogbo slum in Ebute metta, Lagos.

The woman had put on rain boots and dressed casually as her work demands searching through thrashed contents and finding things that could be used by her family or sold in order to make money.

middle-aged woman Identified as Yinusa was found in a dump site where she works daily to make a living by scavenging at Oto Ilogbo slum in Ebute metta, Lagos.

The woman had put on rain boots and dressed casually as her work demands searching through thrashed contents and finding things that could be used by her family or sold in order to make money.

According to her, she has been scavenging for over twenty years in a bid to survive. She told revealed that she had seen tough times and the challenges that made her become a scavenger.
She stressed that the hardship she has been through pushed her into doing this job as she was a meat seller before. When she was no longer making profit from selling meat and was almost in debt, she had to quit.

The strong woman also claimed she had her fair share of doing business but council representatives harassed traders so much that she lost interest in it.

When asked if her husband was in support of her job, Yinusa confessed that she had a hard time telling him. However, when he started questioning her early morning movement, she had to come out with the truth.

She revealed that the job she does is not something anyone would be proud of.
Not everyone knows what she does for a living. Yinusa said that she is so discreet with it that only those she tells are in the Know.

Source: https://latesttip.com/i-used-to-scavenge-with-my-children-an-old-woman-reveals/

Re: I Used To Scavenge With My Children – An Old Woman Reveals by IamCharles123: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2019
Recycling business is not that bad if well package, its a business i plan on going into later. If its bringing in the cash, she shouldn't be ashamed.
Re: I Used To Scavenge With My Children – An Old Woman Reveals by susiivy: 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2019
IamCharles123:
Recycling business is not that bad if well package, its a business i plan on going into later. If its bringing in th
e cash, she shouldn't be ashamed.

It's worth it

(1) (Reply)

Skills That Are In High Demands (2019) / Procure And Ship Your Goods From China / FG Reveals What Banks Will Do To Accounts Of Tax Defaulters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.