Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,046 members, 7,919,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:08 AM

Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders (499 Views)

Man Is Broke, His Wife Has Money But She Is Not Willing To Help, Advice Him / Please My Fellow Nairalanders, Be Our Guest / (RELATIONSHIP ADVICE) Fellow Nairalanders, Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Spookerer: 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hi everyone.. Good evening. Hope you all had a nice day.

I'll like you all to advice, or criticise me on this issue I'm about to post on here. I'll be brief with it, thanks.

What happened is, I have a girlfriend whom I love so much and I think she does the same. She's a very wonderful woman and I appreciate it. Something happened between us which really is making me write this.

It happened that on Saturday, I was fasting and wouldn't eat till 3pm. So my girlfriend offered to bring me beans and potato to break with. On the other hand, my guys already made beans and I was hoping to eat mine at 3 but in my mind, I was going to ask my guys to have the food since my gf already promised me beans and potato. So she was going to get some stuffs in the market and I asked her to get me snacks from her money which she did. Called her about some minutes to 3 to ask if she's back and she said yes, that she's tired and will come to my place by 3 cause it's not far. Some minutes after 3, I didn't see her and I decided to eat the food my guys made. So I called her, asked her why she wasn't here yet knowing I was waiting to eat the food she was going to bring for me, and she said she's tired. I was like, but you said you were going to bring it by 3, said she will come later. Told her, what if I had asked my guys to eat the food they made, I would've had to wait till she's here? Said she didn't check the time when she was telling me that and I told her ok,I've eaten and I won't be needing her food anymore. I hung up and went to bed. She came later with the snacks and asked me where she'd drop it but I declined, telling her I'm not eating. I said that cause I was mad at her.. Expecting her to persuade and say sorry in a way that'd calm me, but she just said OK, and made to leave. I talked to her at the window, like, were you not supposed to say sorry ? Said sorry for what? That she's tired blah blah.. That she went through a lot in the market and I'm still declining what she bought for me.. I didn't just get what the big deal is to say sorry at that point. This is someone I've always told I don't like being argued with when I'm angry.. She came back and sat inside, later went out and came back to tell me she's leaving that I'm not saying anything. Like, what do you want me to say? I asked her and she left.

Like what is the big deal to apologize and let things slide?

If I say no, does that really means no? I wanted her to say sorry in a sweet manner like a girlfriend should to her boyfriend.. She even said I wasn't reasonable and I took that as an insult..

I sent a VN on WhatsApp explaining how I feel and she only said OK... We haven't talked since then and it's been days..

What do you feel? Thanks for the contribution.
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by donbachi(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2019
no vex for her...maybe ur running mate no give her money early.

2 Likes

Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Jordanbelfort07: 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2019
dump that girl, she is obviously very proud and not down to earth at all
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Starz825(m): 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
Spookerer:
Hi everyone.. Good evening. Hope you all had a nice day.

I'll like you all to advice, or criticise me on this issue I'm about to post on here. I'll be brief with it, thanks.

What happened is, I have a girlfriend whom I love so much and I think she does the same. She's a very wonderful woman and I appreciate it. Something happened between us which really is making me write this.

It happened that on Saturday, I was fasting and wouldn't eat till 3pm. So my girlfriend offered to bring me beans and potato to break with. On the other hand, my guys already made beans and I was hoping to eat mine at 3 but in my mind, I was going to ask my guys to have the food since my gf already promised me beans and potato. So she was going to get some stuffs in the market and I asked her to get me snacks from her money which she did. Called her about some minutes to 3 to ask if she's back and she said yes, that she's tired and will come to my place by 3 cause it's not far. Some minutes after 3, I didn't see her and I decided to eat the food my guys made. So I called her, asked her why she wasn't here yet knowing I was waiting to eat the food she was going to bring for me, and she said she's tired. I was like, but you said you were going to bring it by 3, said she will come later. Told her, what if I had asked my guys to eat the food they made, I would've had to wait till she's here? Said she didn't check the time when she was telling me that and I told her ok,I've eaten and I won't be needing her food anymore. I hung up and went to bed. She came later with the snacks and asked me where she'd drop it but I declined, telling her I'm not eating. I said that cause I was mad at her.. Expecting her to persuade and say sorry in a way that'd calm me, but she just said OK, and made to leave. I talked to her at the window, like, were you not supposed to say sorry ? Said sorry for what? That she's tired blah blah.. That she went through a lot in the market and I'm still declining what she bought for me.. I didn't just get what the big deal is to say sorry at that point. This is someone I've always told I don't like being argued with when I'm angry.. She came back and sat inside, later went out and came back to tell me she's leaving that I'm not saying anything. Like, what do you want me to say? I asked her and she left.

Like what is the big deal to apologize and let things slide?

If I say no, does that really means no? I wanted her to say sorry in a sweet manner like a girlfriend should to her boyfriend.. She even said I wasn't reasonable and I took that as an insult..

I sent a VN on WhatsApp explaining how I feel and she only said OK... We haven't talked since then and it's been days..

What do you feel? Thanks for the contribution.
Girls are like that bro....u know what....check on her ... tommorow evening.....u need to drop ur ego too...u understand.... check on her and don't mention that snack beans potatoes issue to her..its gone...open a new chapter....
And mind u don't expect much honor and respect from her next time...na ur girlfriend no be ur fiance yet.....so make sure u technically deal with her...u acted like a lady for not accepting the snacks....u should have collected the snacks and smile but deal with her later with something else....
Na so Dem dey do for woman...u don't deal with them immediately

1 Like

Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
she's egoistic, perhaps she's not into you anymore.
find a substitute asap.
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Martinez39(m): 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Firstly, you are a big fool and a weak man. Read my topic and start setting standards. You must maintain your self respect and know when to walk out. Never be afraid or reluctant to walk away.

You asked her whether she wouldn't say sorry? *spits* Damn you fvcked up. The moment she walked out from the room, you should have ended the relationship for good. You don't need to be a genius to know that. Even before that, when she arrived, you should have given her a serious and harsh warning about her not keeping to time and giving stupid and unserious excuses and you should have told her that if she repeats such unseriousness, the relationship would be over.

I don't really know what is wrong with males in this generation. Is it that they don't have a working brain that allows them to handle their sh!t without disturbing nairalanders for advice on little things? Is it that they don't have a backbone? angry angry For a man that is this weak and not sensible to handle little personal issues, how can he be the head and leader of his home? angry What the hell is wrong? angry

3 Likes

Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by uboma(m): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jordanbelfort07:
dump that girl, she is obviously very proud and not down to earth at all

Don't be insensitive.

The lady complained of being tired, the guy should have displayed maturity and consideration. At least she managed to take some snacks to him.

1 Like

Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by nlPoster: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
Your id makes me think of Halloween, op.

Let me go search YouTube again for the Nigerian take on halloween.

*addendum*, oh new id registered Sept 23 2019, online for 23 minutes 27 seconds.
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Sonsly041(m): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
When you pet girls too much that is how they behave...

She knows your weakness which is you can't do without her that's why she misbehaved...

Learn how to do without her for some weeks she will come back to her senses
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Spookerer: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
Starz825:

Girls are like that bro....u know what....check on her ... tommorow evening.....u need to drop ur ego too...u understand.... check on her and don't mention that snack beans potatoes issue to her..its gone...open a new chapter....
And mind u don't expect much honor and respect from her next time...na ur girlfriend no be ur fiance yet.....so make sure u technically deal with her...u acted like a lady for not accepting the snacks....u should have collected the snacks and smile but deal with her later with something else....
Na so Dem dey do for woman...u don't deal with them immediately
I know we're not married ye, neither is she my finance but I do know that, nothing will change about her even if we get married and I can't cope with that kind of a woman. I want my woman soft, not hard cause I am already.
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Spookerer: 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
Sonsly041:
When you pet girls too much that is how they behave...

She knows your weakness which is you can't do without her that's why she misbehaved...

Learn how to do without her for some weeks she will come back to her senses
Maybe you're right. I just feel I should be open. I love her with all of me and she knows it. I've been through heartbreaks but won't let it define me. I don't see it as a big deal showing her I love her.. But I already made up my mind not to call her or try to visit her. Let her call me or things slide.... We'd both be fine
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Spookerer: 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
uboma:

Don't be insensitive.

The lady complained of being tired, the guy should have displayed maturity and consideration. At least she managed to take some snacks to him.

Yes she complained of being tired but said she'd bring the food by 3. I was wondering why she didn't call back to say she didn't check the time and she won't bring it by 3 so I can take my mind off it. And as it happened, is there a big deal in saying sorry? And me saying no to the snacks doesn't mean I don't want it. I said it cause I was angry and I expected her to calm me down, but left angrily instead.
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by NGRsenate: 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
Relationships are all about compromise.

Your girl apparently has a dominant personality and so do you. Nobody wants to bulge for the other.

It’s up to you to be smart and find a way to get her to dance to your tune.

You can start by apologizing though
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Sonsly041(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
Spookerer:

Maybe you're right. I just feel I should be open. I love her with all of me and she knows it. I've been through heartbreaks but won't let it define me. I don't see it as a big deal showing her I love her.. But I already made up my mind not to call her or try to visit her. Let her call me or things slide.... We'd both be fine

Now you are talking... I wish you all the best
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by Katier00(f): 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
I see you as a proud person, in life there are things you just overlook. She was tried and maybe having a bad day. Why would you reject the snacks you asked her to get for you. I think the lady just reacted to over piled issues. Next time if you are fasting try to get your food and be a less burden to people around you. Wait you just fasted and the same time keeping malice? Please talk to your woman she has a lot of bottled issues, oops I just remembered you don't like arguing
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by pharrell8(m): 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
She has anoda one keeping her company.. If u know..
Re: Help/advice Fellow Nairalanders by cooooooks(m): 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2019
Your gf tried and brought the food and you said she should take it back. When she agreed, you were angry. undecided

Moral of the story: "Don't make empty threats". "Be careful what you say in anger". "Pride comes before a fall".

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Are For Virgins. / Elderly Woman Spotted Begging Mannequin For Money In Front Of A Clothing Store / 5 Things You Should’nt Do When Dating Younger Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.