Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,946 members, 7,980,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 01:35 PM

Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself (1293 Views)

I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her / Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by NewEmblem(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2010
I Just got this from Another Forum, I Thought is worth discussing here too,

I was shocked when I got a phone call yesterday from a friend in Naija that his mother wants to drink acid if he insists to marry the girl he love after they have dated for 4 years.

When I call his mother she said to me and I quote “you know I am a Christian mother in the Mary league in our church, I can’t stand the insult of him marring a girl from so called Pentecostal church. And I asked, mama you know they have been dating for 4 years now? And she said “I thought it was just ordinary friendship, it can’t be marriage, over my dead body she said.

Pals  I need help
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by omotundemi(f): 10:38pm On Nov 01, 2010
Wow! Dis na serious one. Som1 might surely commit suicide. If d guy marries d girl na mum,if d guy dump d girl might b d girl. Please divine intervention is d best.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by NewEmblem(m): 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
Isn't Life funny, Between the Devil and Deep Blue sea,  They say!
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by koolchicco: 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hmm, much as I love my girl, I wouldn't want to loose my Mum. It seems like a no win situation after all undecided
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by Akinagirl(f): 11:29pm On Nov 01, 2010
If its just that then cant she be converted? Just switch churches? If she is catholic then I kinda understand but again, she can be converted to catholicism.  undecided Its not a life or death issue here.

Last I checked, they are both christians.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by NewEmblem(m): 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2010
I doubt if it is Just about differences in their Christian faith, I feel there is more to it than the eye can see,  But then some Human beings are weired,
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by koolchicco: 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2010
New Emblem:

I doubt if it is Just about differences in their Christian faith, I feel there is more to it than the eye can see,  But then some Human beings are weired,

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by Akinagirl(f): 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2010
I agree it has to be more than that. Because I still dont see it as a life or death issue. undecided
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by biola44: 1:43am On Nov 02, 2010
then i wont marry! grin
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by mediatrix8(f): 5:31am On Nov 02, 2010
What makes a Christian and PENTECOSTAL belief differ anyway? Well,in this case The mother doesn't like the gf of her son because of her Religion.I think if they love each other they can get married still.It happens all the time in my country.The only solution to that is to let his gf baptized according to his bf's family religion.As many of us follow whatever religion the man has .Religion can not SAVE us but it's our FAITH in God.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by MRMoneyE(m): 6:29am On Nov 02, 2010
mediatrix8:

What makes a Christian and PENTECOSTAL belief differ anyway? Well,in this case The mother doesn't like the gf of her son because of her Religion.I think if they love each other they can get married still.It happens all the time in my country.The only solution to that is to let his gf baptized according to his bf's family religion.As many of us follow whatever religion the man has .Religion can not SAVE us but it's our FAITH in God.

SO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD, I THOUGHT ASIANS HAVE THEIR OWN TRADITIONAL RELIGION WHICH THEY PRACTISE,
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by izby(m): 8:22am On Nov 02, 2010
she should drink,if that will bring the guy happiness, na waa ooo
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by knotty(m): 9:04am On Nov 02, 2010
personally, i will supply the acid an even lace it with Gamallin20.
suicide ko, die ni
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 02, 2010
New Emblem:

I Just got this from Another Forum, I Thought is worth discussing here too,

I was shocked when I got a phone call yesterday from a friend in Naija that his mother wants to drink acid if he insists to marry the girl he love after they have dated for 4 years.

When I call his mother she said to me and I quote “you know I am a Christian mother in the Mary league in our church, I can’t stand the insult of him marring a girl from so called Pentecostal church. And I asked, mama you know they have been dating for 4 years now? And she said “I thought it was just ordinary friendship, it can’t be marriage, over my dead body she said.

Pals I need help

The woman is a trouble maker . . simple!
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by tpia5: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2010
I feel there is more to it than the eye can see

true talk.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by Coolabbie: 11:50am On Nov 02, 2010
I tink he shuld hv a frank talk wit his mum & ask her 2 voice out any misgivings she has about d union.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by zealot4me(f): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
CONFUSION

MR MONEY PLS RESOLVE THE MATTER
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2010
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by kokoye(m): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2010
there's racism and tribalism even in christianity. . . .

God dey o.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by deniyor: 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2010
Go ahead and drink acid. I will marry her.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by NAJALYN: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2010
Mama I take God beg you, no commit suisui o! No go daikidonkom o! This is a dilemma. The mother & the son's fiancee are christians. So the problem definitly can not be religion. There is more to it. However, let the son & his friend talk to the mother & see if she will open up. Also, like I always say, God alone has solution to every problem. The son should give it to God & the solution must come. For those who want the mother to drink acid, that is very wrong. Put yourselves in the young man's shoes, & say you will go ahead & marry the girl. If he goes ahead with the marriage & the mother carries out her threat, what happens? Do you know that can kill the relationship permanently? Because he will never forgive himself, & the girl for his mother's death. Please let us weigh situations carefully before acting. In other words let us always look before we leap. It is in our best interest.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by deniyor: 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2010
Why will I let her hold me to ransom cos of some very flimsy excuse. As much as I love her, she has lived her life, and should let me live me. I will be the one to lie on the same bed with who I choose and not her. If she thinks threats of suicide will deter me, she better think again. Meself go tell am say I go commit suicide if she no let me marry am and see what she has to say to that!
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by NAJALYN: 3:06pm On Nov 06, 2010
My dr deniyor, I realise you are in love, but dont you think you should be cautious in handling this matter? We are talking about your mum here. Please like I advised earlier on give it to God & be persistent. God must solve the problem for you.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by SisiKill1: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2010
you know I am a Christian mother in the Mary league in our church, I can’t stand the insult of him marring a girl from so called Pentecostal church.

I say give her the acid ASAP!!

Is she gonna need help chugging it down . . . because I'll be more than happy to lend a hand.
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by tetemowi: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2010
4christ sak d gal is d 1 2 chng religon nt d guy. if d woma wans 2 kil hersf sh cn go ahed, we wl remem hr evy nov 2
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by MaiSuya(m): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
Of course she wont kill herself. . .she's supposed to be Christian, not so? Surely she's aware of the repercussions of suicide?

Abeg, she just dey make yanga. . .
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by Radiant(f): 3:14am On Nov 07, 2010
A very wicked mother. Which God does she serve? Christian my arse!
Re: Re: Marry Her And I"ll Kill Myself by Outstrip(f): 6:10am On Nov 07, 2010
Let her add sugar before she drinks it mscheeeeeeeeeeeeew

(1) (Reply)

Is Courtship Before Marriage Important? / Waiting Period / Court Marriege In Nigeria With A Foreigner Any Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.