Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Metu Insists Court Should Invite Jonathan Over His N400m Fraud Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metu Insists Court Should Invite Jonathan Over His N400m Fraud Case (447 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) / 2023: God’s Wrath Waiting – Sule Lamido Threatens Jonathan Over Defection To APC / Invite Jonathan Over N400m Fraud Case - Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metu Insists Court Should Invite Jonathan Over His N400m Fraud Case by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2019
Metu Insists Court should Invite Jonathan Over his N400m Fraud Case

Former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Oliseh Metuh, on Tuesday, insisted that the Federal High Court, Abuja, presided over by Justice O.E. Abang should invite former President Goodluck Jonathan to give evidence in his ongoing trial, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Metu is facing prosecution by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC alongside his company, Destra Investment on seven-count charges, bordering on money laundering to the tune of N400million (Four Hundred Million Naira), which he allegedly received from the Office of the National Security Adviser, ONSA, in 2014 under Sambo Dasuki as national security adviser without justification.

Goodluck Jonathan
Metuh while on cross-examination today, said

“The payment of N400million was made by the former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. This is because I made a presentation and he informed that he will make funds available for the prosecution of that national assignment and he even called me to tell me that the N400million has been paid. I do not expect the President to be an agent of any individual or organ of his office, but I do know that he has a lot of aides that handle matters relating to different aspects,” he said.

Metuh reminded the court that he applied for former President Jonathan to be subpoenaed to give evidence concerning his claim that he was authorized by the ex-president but that the court ignored him, restating that the court should subpoenaed Jonathan to come and give evidence in the matter.

He revealed during cross-examination, that Mike Ozekhome, the then lawyer to Jonathan told him that he needed to pay about N1.2billion (One Billion Two Hundred Million Naira) as for Jonathan’s transportation and to guarantee his security, before he could come to the court.

“I am just hearing for the first time that the former president denied knowing me and had no business with me. I am not in a position to confirm or deny about the opposition of his excellency to be a witness; I can only confirm that he insisted that I should pay N1.2billion,” Metu said.

At this juncture the prosecution tendered the certified copies of the motion document filed by Ozekhome and tendered the motion filed on October 27, 2017 by him on behalf of the former President Jonathan, seeking to set aside the subpoena as well as the affidavit in support of the said motion and written address. The prosecution also tendered a counter-affidavit of the senior counsel, made on October 30, 2017 but filed on the November 1, 2017.

Justice Abang adjourned the matter to Thursday, September, 26, 2019 for conclusion of arguments and admissibility of documents and for continuation of trial. It will also on the new adjournment date, consider the need to further adjourn the matter to September, 30, October 2,3, and 4, 2019, for continuation of trial.

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

http://igberetvnews.com/1020222/metu-insists-court-invite-jonathan-n400m-fraud-case/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metu Insists Court Should Invite Jonathan Over His N400m Fraud Case by Flexherbal(m): 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2019
See matter !

1 Like

Re: Metu Insists Court Should Invite Jonathan Over His N400m Fraud Case by blacknp(m): 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2019
Thief, in 2015 he was bragging, it hadn’t dawned on him yet that pdp was no longer in power.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Metu Insists Court Should Invite Jonathan Over His N400m Fraud Case by kachi19: 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2019
So, he's trying to say he didn't eat from the N400m national cake?
Re: Metu Insists Court Should Invite Jonathan Over His N400m Fraud Case by GavelSlam: 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2019
This Metuh's debacle is pure Karma.

Go and plead to those teachers and pay restitution.
Re: Metu Insists Court Should Invite Jonathan Over His N400m Fraud Case by bIoodykiller: 10:49pm On Sep 24, 2019
[s]
blacknp:
Thief, in 2015 he was bragging, it hadn’t dawned on him yet that pdp was no longer in power.
[/s]
shut up
Re: Metu Insists Court Should Invite Jonathan Over His N400m Fraud Case by unbitchable(m): 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2019
Metuh is a typical igbo man. If you tell an igbo man that his best friend is having an affair with his wife, he'd first go check his wallet in his bedroom. If his money was intact, he won't believe you but if his money was not complete, he'd believe you. To them, money is a true test for love, hardwork, friendship and trust.

(1) (Reply)

Group Commends Akeredolu Over Ore Flyover / Aisha Buhari: Mamman Daura’s Family Denied Me Access Because Buhari Sacked Him / N144B Probe, Ajimobi Appeases Seyi Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.