Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,312 members, 7,971,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:09 AM

Fiction: The Decisive Action - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fiction: The Decisive Action (179 Views)

[BREAKING]: ASUU To Take Decisive Action Monday As NEC Meeting Ends Tomorrow / Strike: Anxiety As ASUU Takes Decisive Action Monday / ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fiction: The Decisive Action by MrSurd: 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2019
I was ecstatic when I gained admission into the University of Benin. It would be the third time I would be attempting the JAMB examination. My first attempt had been a monumental failure. Everyone, myself included, had been very much flabbergasted when the results came out.
“How come, Osagie?” Jonah, my friend had queried that evening as we both walked out of the cyber café where we had gone to check our results. “You’re one of the most intelligent students I know of.” He added.
I said nothing. My eyes were heavy with tears like pregnant clouds. If anyone had told me I would score below 150 in JAMB, I would have perhaps placed a curse on that person. I just didn’t see how it was possible for someone as brilliant as I was to perform so woefully in such a ‘simple’ examination.
“Gaining admission into federal institutions is highly competitive in this country,” Mrs. Omoregie, our school’s Counselor had told me months before. “And UNIBEN is particularly tough to get into with your chosen course of study.” She had added.
But those words didn’t make much sense to

Read full story by clicking link below

https://knaija.com/2019/09/25/fiction-the-decisive-action/

(1) (Reply)

Check Your Facebook Duta Point / The Easy Way To Solve The Problems Associated With Mathematics Projects / Duke Robertson Program In The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.