Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,193 members, 7,891,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor (38507 Views)

I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ / Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? / My Fiancée Is Requesting For 500K Before She Can Accept My Wedding Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Carlyboi(m): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
hamid6249:
I can allow my children to marry from any tribe or community as long as the suitor is not from IBADAN

I have my reasons ,my eyes don see wem for thier hands ..useless bunch of people
. Hahaha bros this your statement and generalization they useless.its only a grown fool that would say such....we Ibadan peeps way we dey accommodating pass anything.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

Yes na

So what then is his job

What is then is the difference between girlfriend and olosho?
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by zoghys: 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
[quote author=keepingmum post=82599062]The famous proverb " if you see a snake and an mbaise person, kill the mbaise person first as they are more dangerous ".

The mbaise tribe is like what the ijebus are to yorubas or the igbirra's to Kogi.

Very wicked, deceptive, desperately love money, do not treat other tribes well, manipulative and

Are you for real or you just dumb. Ijebu's as people are one of the bedrock to of the little civilization we still enjoy in this country and they have progress as a tribe and people. And here you are allaying the horrible experience you have with just an ijebu man to the whole lot. If you don't have an idea of what the situation is with the ijebu's, I suggest you shut your mouth and stop exhibiting for foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Olaonipekun11: 11:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
seangy4konji:
Same way o can never marry any ijebu or ondo,ilesha,ijesha lady

My father married a second wife whose mother was from oguachi or something.. The mother was loyal for ever and so was the wife my father married from that side.. If I we as woman from that side.. Oguachi.. Till death to us part.
Dude u r not full blooded Yoruba u r osu. Stop calling yourself Yoruba. I’m fully Yoruba n I can say that
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Samakus(m): 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
I have only met 5 Mbaise persons in my entire life. Hear the analogy!!!

1. My former colleague. A guy who I thought was my good friend but ended knowing the things he said behind me and ifelt like 'killing' him. In your front, he will shine teeth, behind you, you have been murdered.

2. My neighbour. One of the most selfish person alive. He can never inconvenience himself for anyone but when he's in need, he will be very good. He usually comes back home late, so I usually wake at night to open gate for him. The day I went for a night vigil, even though I pre informed him to help me open the gate when I come back around 4am, he switched off his phone and I had to sleep at the gate till morning as there was nobody else around to open the gate for me.

3. My crush. A beautiful, well endowed Mbaise girl. I asked her out, she still dey form Don Jazzy, I kuku japa, pursue other alternatives even though we have hung out a few times. Before I know what's up, babe saw me as her number one enemy. I will see her on the road and greet her, she will hiss and start walking fast. Sometimes, once she see me from afar, she will turn back or change her route. I was like, wetin I do wrong? I didn't even get returns on my investment but I still forego it. Why this girl dey see me as Buhari? cheesy

4. My Guy's friend. A truly handsome, working class, married guy who cannot sit with guys and buy beer and drink but once he sees a woman, he can spend 1m. You only know he has money when there's a girl around. Ask him for a little help no matter the urgency, O.Y.O but bring a girl along, viaaamm! Money shows up.

5. My bet guy-turned friend. A truly wonderful guy. He formerly live in Malay before relocating back to Naija. He's a friend in deed. Unselfish, rational, intelligent, business inclined and a brother. He's a friend any guyman will wish to have.

So be the judge

7 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by faithfull18(f): 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
hamid6249:
I can allow my children to marry from any tribe or community as long as the suitor is not from IBADAN

I have my reasons ,my eyes don see wem for thier hands ..useless bunch of people
What is wrong with Ibadan people again?
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by matrixmuzi: 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
Dear sister, I have heard what so many people here are saying about mbaise people. I am from mbaise and honestly we don't have to crawl to a woman to beg to marry her. I will advise u to listen to ur parents not because mbaise people are bad as everyone is painting us to be but because any little disagreement u will have with him will bring up that I told u about mbaise people. So if he does not marry u there are millions out there waiting and praying to have an mbaise man too likewise u . So please listen to ur parents

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by ifnyioj22(m): 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
Don't blame them! It has always been said that when you see snake and mbaise person kill the......... Before you kill......... You can fill in the blank space
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by midnighter(f): 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
NuissancePolice:

What is then is the difference between girlfriend and olosho?

Girlfriend is leased and olosho is short-term hire...while your wife is your title deed.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Nasa28(m): 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
sacramento1212:

How can you be involved deeply with a man for 3 years and didn't confirm if tomorrow you decide to progress in the relationship, if your parents will accept. The issue about his tribe ought to have come in early before now to avoid unnecessary wasting of time.

Marriage is between families apart from the individuals involved. My late uncle married an Mbaise woman and i must say that many things said about them are True. The marriage was filled with regrets because according to the information by my parents, he was warned against going that route but he was blinded by love. I guess there might still be some good ones there though.

If your parents insist they won't allow you go and state viable reasons for that, i will advise you adhere and shun those saying you should shun them because if tomorrow it doesn't go well, it's your family you will fall back to. You are a Lady leaving your territory to join with another so you need to be very careful of where you are going to in the name of marriage.

You are still fine at 26 and can still achieve marriage before 30. Even those that are already in their 30s still will get married. Don't because of age factor rush into something that will be filled with everlasting regrets. Take your time and in all, pray very well for God's guidance and direction.

Good luck

Best advice so far.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Enemyofpeace: 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
All I know is that if I see snake and I see mbaise man, I go kill the mbaise man and allow the snake to escape. If you know you know
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by franchasng: 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Wickedfacts:
Mbaise people fought the Pope because of their greed.

If you can marry from a place where they fought the Pope, be ready to have Satan as an inlaw.
Another one cheesy cheesy
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

Girlfriend is leased and olosho is short-term hire...while your wife is your title deed.

So which one are you currently? How much is your honey pot worth?
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Omoslim26: 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
so much stupid comments I have 3 frnds from mbaise I have dated a gal from MBAISE and I can tell you wit all assurance that all those rubbish said about them is absolute trash people are bad not because of the tribe they come from but because they choose to be bad
only a reasonable person would know this

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by skyhighweb(m): 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
ngwababe:
Does your boyfriend give you money willingly? Does he really take care of you the way you want?
money willingly u no get work ur hand dey pain u?
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by executive12: 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
Kcee14:
I am a girl of 26 years from Delta state. I have a guy I have been dating for close to 3years now and he is from mbaise. My guy told me that he is coming for introduction and I told my parents about it and they said over their dead body will they allow me marry from mbaise. Please,is anything wrong with Mbaise? Are there ladies here that are married to mbaise men and living happily. Please, I am really sad now. I need advice and answers

Mbaise I don't blame your parents for saying a capital NO. You better listen to your parents to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
YorubaNinja:

Well, as your moniker displayed... "Sophisticated Mor0n". It says it all. grin
yes afonja are slowpoke grin
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Shashar: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
lipsrsealed,

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by executive12: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
ursullalinda:
angry Don't know much abt dem but the only one I encountered is a wonderful soul. But there is a general misconception about them and I don't know the history

You encountered him. Have you really had much dealings with him?
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by midnighter(f): 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
Omoslim26:
so much stupid comments I have 3 frnds from mbaise I have dated a gal from MBAISE and I can tell you wit all assurance that all those rubbish said about them is absolute trash people are bad not because of the tribe they come from but because they choose to be bad
only a reasonable person would know this

A person is still a product of their culture...their choice to be good or bad can be influenced by cultural factors. What is "good" to some people may not be to others...thats how all these stereotypes are born

those mbaise people have a reputation for always trying to outsmart people. If somebodys cultural/life orientation handed down by their parents is " do not let anybody cheat you" and they go about messing people up, then they would be seeing their actions as "good" while other people would be getting irritated with them

So its not as simple as all that

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
To be honest, haven't read all the comments about Mbaise people here and nobody from Mbaise can be BOLD enough to open up and counter all the comment above, it means people are right about their comment.

Serious this has brought a bad reputation to the people of Mbaise from the way people attest to it. The whole world is watching and listening to this. The government, community leaders, parents, girls and boys should do something about this menace hence, that place will be no go area for marriage.

A friend of mine vow never to marry from IMO state as a whole. That he rather remain single that marry from IMO state.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by hkidola00(m): 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
hamid6249:

u are very stupid
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by executive12: 11:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
keepingmum:
The famous proverb " if you see a snake and an mbaise person, kill the mbaise person first as they are more dangerous ".

The mbaise tribe is like what the ijebus are to yorubas or the igbirra's to Kogi.

Very wicked, deceptive, desperately love money, do not treat other tribes well, manipulative and evil.

Exactly. That has been my experience with them.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by silverkings: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Wickedfacts:
Mbaise people fought the Pope because of their greed.

If you can marry from a place where they fought the Pope, be ready to have Satan as an inlaw.
Because they fought the Pope?? U no get sense

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by richie240: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
@kcee14, Go thru ds:

https://www.nairaland.com/2275780/ngwa-people-really-cannibals?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5377516437
Also, u can make a Google search abt them.
best wishes.

midnighter:
Lol. it seems you havent heard..

But they cant stop you, if you trust yourself, go ahead. At least for the Mbaise people to exist until now, somebody must have married them and bore their children

So they cant all be 100% bad

But on second thoughts i find it hard to believe that you can be surprised at your parents reaction. I think my parents would sound like that too. maybe you grew up in a detribalised environment where you wont be hearing these stereotypes

Well to answer your question, in my mothers words

"Mbaise people are over-wise in marriage"
@kcee14, ds gentleman was trying so hard not to tell u sth.
What it is? #go_figure
wink

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by lonelygem(m): 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
AfroKnight:
Options for you:

1: Elope and do court wedding

2: Breakup and move on

3: Let him visit so you both can try to win your parents over.

Don't dare option 1.
If he eventually turn out to be what u never expected in future, he might take advantage of the gap between you and your family to treat you like a child of nobody. Anyone can change but your family will always catch your hands when you slip. Turning your bank against them over a man you cant absolutely vouch for is like selling yourself to a slave trader.

Be patient and seek their reasons, don't be blinded by affections, remember that if you eventually get married and it go sour, you wont even remember if u both had dated for 10 years before singing a chorus of divorce.

The biggest weapon anyone can use to shatter your life is a wide gap between you and your parent or family, never compromise that bond for any man or woman irrespective of feelings..

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by chibjohn(m): 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
Reading this thread till this point, it's evident why Nigeria is the way it is today. The youths who are educated and should reason logically are still believing in stereotypes. No wonder a dullard like Buhari was able to win Nigeria's presidency. The youths that should be agents of change are worse that their father's generation.
It seems there are a lot of issues in IMO. From the OSU caste system to Mbaise people stereotypes. Who knows what we will read next.

MAKE USE OF YOUR EDUCATION PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
SHUN STEREOTYPES!!!!
THERE IS NO SINGLE STORY ABOUT ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Wickedfacts: 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
silverkings:
Because they fought the Pope?? U no get sense

Only devils like Mbaise animals fight the Pope

They fought the Pope because he refused to support their nepotism and stupidity.

FYI, I have an Mbaise woman as my neighbour. Her husband also an Nwafor daily laments how his wife is a problem to him and his family.

Forget it, Mbaise people are direct descendants of Satan

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Wickedfacts: 11:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
[s]
chibjohn:
Reading this thread till this point, it's evident why Nigeria is the way it is today. The youths who are educated and should reason logically are still believing in stereotypes. No wonder a dullard like Buhari was able to win Nigeria's presidency. The youths that should be agents of change are worse that their father's generation.
It seems there are a lot of issues in IMO. From the OSU caste system to Mbaise people stereotypes. Who knows what we will read next.

MAKE USE OF YOUR EDUCATION PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
SHUN STEREOTYPES!!!!
THERE IS NO SINGLE STORY ABOUT ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE!!!
[/s]

Only 3 people can fight the Pope.
Satan, Antichrist and Mbaise people.

Apart from Satan, show me anywhere in the world where the Pope was fought with the way Mbaise people did.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by executive12: 11:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
Bofoy4:
Run away my sister IMO state men are wicked one marry my sis for one year now and even with a child he refuse to take her from uyo to his village, IMO state men in fact most Igbo guy are use to the game
Run for ur life
Ur parents are not fools to take that decision

Don't generalize about Imo State or Igbo. Some parts of Imo are wonderful; eg Owerri area, Okigwe. I have got good experiences from dealing with people from those areas. But very terrible experiences with Mbaise.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by cooooooks(m): 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
Your parents, like most Nigerians, are being tribalistic and racist.

The story about Mbaise is that they demand too much money when people come to marry their daughters. I've never heard anything about Mbaise men.

You are 26. You and this guy have been together for 3 good years. Do you want to marry him? If you do, carry on. With or without your parents' blessings.

No be dem go dey the marriage. If you say you will look for someone else, when will you find somebody you love like this guy? Will you now do rush rush marriage?

Don't marry him just because your parents don't like him o. Make sure you want to marry him before you do so.

Cheers.
Kcee14:
I am a girl of 26 years from Delta state. I have a guy I have been dating for close to 3years now and he is from mbaise. My guy told me that he is coming for introduction and I told my parents about it and they said over their dead body will they allow me marry from mbaise. Please,is anything wrong with Mbaise? Are there ladies here that are married to mbaise men and living happily. Please, I am really sad now. I need advice and answers

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Jombom: 11:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ijebus are nothing like that.
keepingmum:
The f8amous proverb " if you see a snake and an mbaise person, kill the mbaise person first as they are more dangerous ".

Very wicked, deceptive, desperately love money, do not treat other tribes well, manipulative and evil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Virgin Girlfriend Has Kidney Issue, I Love Her For Marriage, Should I Go On? / Nigerian Couple Hold A Game Of Thrones Themed Wedding Unclesuru / Nigeria Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With A Goat (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.