Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,988 members, 7,883,417 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:25 AM

Stop Going To France To Study If You Are Not Finacially Okay: My Personal Story - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stop Going To France To Study If You Are Not Finacially Okay: My Personal Story (5303 Views)

Relocating To France / Is Relocating To France A Good Option? / How To Travel To France For Womens World Cup 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Stop Going To France To Study If You Are Not Finacially Okay: My Personal Story by hammed71(m): 1:01am On Jan 06
laivwire:
I have always come back to read this thread year upon year before and after getting to France and I better understand what Electro talked about.

Electromagnito, you went through A LOT. How can you spend so much on French class and you didn't get CROUS? I just can't imagine being penniless in such a harsh place.

Something people don't talk about in Nairaland is the low wages in France compared to other top European countries like UK and Germany. At €9.50/hour (€760/month), you have more than simple financial management responsibilities on your hands. 20 hours/week in combination with studies, your body will shake. That is even if you find a 20 hours/week job in which case, you barely have anything to save after removing rent, food, phone bills and sending something back home. People earning 600k/month in Nigeria are living more comfortably than many in France.

I try not to discourage Nigerians from thinking of migrating to France but think deeply about it. Make it a second option if you can. Too many migrants, and the far right are fighting back. Policies are being changed and turning unfavourable. African kids who are raised in-country (Primary to tertiary) and speak French like their mother tongue are having to look for greener opportunities in UK and Canada.

Every person has their priorities as well but learning French solely to get a job in France is not a top of priority in my opinion. You can gain fluency enough to communicate (which can be tasking) but can you learn up to a professional level in 2 years? Like I said, it depends on the person.

which other European countries would you recommend moving to apart from France
Re: Stop Going To France To Study If You Are Not Finacially Okay: My Personal Story by laivwire(m): 12:08pm On Jan 06
hammed71:
which other European countries would you recommend moving to apart from France
That would you boil down to your personal research bro as I don't have in depth knowledge all European countries. My email is shot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exploring Kigali(rwanda) / Please Nigeria Government Talk To Your Ambassador In Malaysia! / Pls Help,need A Ghanaian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.