Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,629 members, 7,889,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:33 PM

Exploitation Of Pig Farmers By Edo State Government - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Exploitation Of Pig Farmers By Edo State Government (1307 Views)

Pig Farmers Demand For Piggery Colonies / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / Nairaland Pig Farmers Host Free Pork Tasting Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exploitation Of Pig Farmers By Edo State Government by Mcreloaded(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2019
Pig farmers in Edo state have been finding it difficult to source for feed for their animals, even resulting to using spent grain from breweries which is a waste product to augment the feeding of pigs not taking into account the deplorable farm roads that makes it difficult to take the pigs to the market for sale not to talk of the cost of hiring vehicles to convey the pigs to the market.
I am sure pig farmers here on nairaland know the difficulties involved in pig farming.
One will expect that government will be in a better position to encourage farmers in general with this present government of president Buhari doing everything possible to encourage youths to embrace farming but here in Edo state the reverse is the case where the government of Obaseki through the ministry of Environment Sustainability has directed pig farmers in Edo state to pay a yearly FINE of N30 000 irrespective of size and viability of the pig farm.
I believe a version RUGA should be adopted to assist pig farmers here in Edo state and other states in general as pig farmers in Edo state can barely make profit as people eat more of cows and goats compared to pigs.
Lets also not forget that these pig farms employ a percentage of the youths. The vision of President Buhari where youths will be gainfully employed in farms should not be discouraged by these overzealous ministry all because of generating revenue.
Attached is a letter sent to a farm i manage here in Edo state.

Re: Exploitation Of Pig Farmers By Edo State Government by meobizy(f): 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
I guess I have to find somewhere else to open a pen.
Re: Exploitation Of Pig Farmers By Edo State Government by Mcreloaded(m): 7:43pm On Sep 28, 2019
meobizy:
I guess I have to find somewhere else to open a pen.
Lol.
Wish it can make front page so people can use the power of social media to make government do right
Re: Exploitation Of Pig Farmers By Edo State Government by SocialJustice: 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
The account is not even government account. Someone somewhere is looking for businesses to fleece. Take this issue to the private sector association for animal farmers.

Nigerian business men, you tell lies too much. You can't source for food, piggery is not profitable, simply because you were asked to pay money.

The business is not profitable but you're living off it. No need for the irritating lies. I only eat pork or chicken in my home cooked food and I know the struggle of the woman to meet demand of customers, sometimes she travels out of town to source meat and I'm in a neighboring state to you.
Re: Exploitation Of Pig Farmers By Edo State Government by hias2012(m): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Let's say the note is started to garner Edo State pig farmers together for both education, marketing and support for one another. I'm about venturing into pig farming here in Edo State, and have been sourcing for information particularly as it relates to the market. I have read everything available about the farming aspect. I have met with a few farmers. But not much has been found out about marketing, and that for me is very crucial. I think also that forum like this will enable different views and perspectives on issues to be made available. Let's harness the power of social media like this to make us all better informed, and for people with issues to easily find help. So who can help with information on sales of pigs in Edo state?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Now That Border Is Opened,how Much Is Bag Of Rice In Your State? / I Need A Moderate Deep Litter System Poultry To Rent Either In Osogbo Or Lagos / Agri-real Estate Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.