Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,648 members, 7,930,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:16 PM

Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? (54607 Views)

Top 5 Worst Governor’s In Nigeria 2021-2022 / The Worst Governor In Nigeria Claim Hot Water Damaged The Road He Built In 1 Yea / Yahaya Bello Leads In Worst Governor Poll On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by obinoral1179(m): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2019
Charlesedet:
Com to Cross River u will know my Gov n his govt is a digital one, his administration is run online likewise his projects, super highway, super deep seaport, Rice mill, rice farm, toothpick factory, cocoa factory, and d most laudable is d spaghetti flyover, a flyover wher d road is a dead trap, his absence in the state proofs dat we voted him for a state in either Asia or Europe, only come home to share the allocation and Jets out.

So Abia or kogi state Gov cnt steal Ben Ayade's spot
cross riverian are not political savvy.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by XwhY(m): 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

This should help shine more light on my stated opinion. Okezie Ikpeazu has proven time and again that he doesn't know what he's doing.

In my grading system below, 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest.

The role of state governments in Nigeria Grade
1 Security of its citizens and resultant properties 1/10
2 Provision of basic public utilities/amenities 1/10
3 Creation of an appropriate environment for economic growth 1/10
4 Ensuring our educational system is sound (Primary all the way to univ level 1/10
5 Establishment of health care facilities 1/10
6 Increasing state revenue generation and using it well 1/10
7 Maintaining state roads and setting up means of administrating local roads 1/10
8 Passing proper regulations to safe guard investments or its citizens 1/10

I'm currently in Aba, all the above statement are 100% valid about the state.
Worst government I've ever seen is Abia state government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Amanda4life: 4:46pm On Sep 29, 2019
mrvitalis:

I'm 100% sure u haven't been to abia

Yes he is 1000000000 sure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Pio44: 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
Nobody mention Anambra here, obiano is leading now to be worst Governor now, is fight hard to be the worse, come to Anambra will see port holes, go upper iweka, almost all d road in Anambra is bad, is returning to old Anambra we know b4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Tsadu001: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2019
Base on my opine, Niger state governor Alh. Sani Bello is the most worst governor.
In terms of;
1. Education 1/10
2. Road construction 0/10
3. Job for the vibrant youths 1/10
4. Security 1/10
5. Power 1/10
Some many things, the only things he does is that he pay salary that's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
All of Nigeria is facing same Challenges and we are comparing whose is the worst. We need reawakening

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by bassman007(m): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2019
A special spot should be reserved for Prof. Benedict Ayade of Cross River State. His annual budget competes with that of the federal government but he ends up doing nothing. All he does is confuse people with big grammar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2019
...yahaya of kogi state...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
Tsadu001:
Base on my opine, Niger state governor Alh. Sani Bello is the most worst governor.
In terms of;
1. Education 1/10
2. Road construction 0/10
3. Job for the vibrant youths 1/10
4. Security 1/10
5. Power 1/10
Some many things, the only things he does is that he pay salary that's all.

At least he pays salary. Some states just don't even pay. Kogi and Abia state.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
bassman007:
A special spot should be reserved for Prof. Benedict Ayade of Cross River State. His annual budget competes with that of the federal government but he ends up doing nothing. All he does is confuse people with big grammar

It's actually now a 3 horse race between Ikpeazu, Bello and Benedict Ayade in that order.

The link to the poll is below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KG5GCW3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Fidelismaria: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
All south western governors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by farouk2much(m): 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
Sani bello of Niger state is the mst useless governor in the history of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by elda2303(m): 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
mrvitalis:

I'm 100% sure u haven't been to abia

Are u saying he is wrong... or u just wanted to type something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by chibaby12: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
Plateau state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by justi40(m): 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
Some where in aba

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by huptin(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
Dim08:
Sanwo Olu is the worst Governor Lagos has ever had. He may not be the worst governor in Nigeria but based on past administrators of Lagos state.

All hail Sanwo Olu, the Worst Governor Lagos State Ever Had

Sanwo Olu is horrible
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by siromot(m): 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
Dim08:
Sanwo Olu is the worst Governor Lagos has ever had. He may not be the worst governor in Nigeria but based on past administrators of Lagos state.

All hail Sanwo Olu, the Worst Governor Lagos State Ever Had

mumu.. we are talking abt worst gov in Nigeria you are talkin
g abt lag.. beside sanwo olu just spent 100+ days in office so you can't judge him now ...talk about governors in their 2nd tenure or more than one year

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Danwakae(m): 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

I think we have completely different views on the governors role. So in your view, what is the governor's job if he shouldn't really be too concerned with education, security, healthcare or economy since the situation in Nigeria is bad to begin with?

They should just share the allocation and go home?

The state has less role to play , that's why some are calling for DECENTRALIZATION OF POWER , so that state can take care of some of these issues, many also call for star police to allow state take care of their security thereby given opportunity to indigenous people to handle the security of their locality since they understand their locality more than anybody else. for instance an Igbo man is sent to Zamafara community , where he can't communicate with them, he has no idea on community and can't even speaks the language of the people to get information about the locality... Bro, presently , the federal gat all the powers...andmaybe until power is decentralized to enable state police, states to produce power for themselves, states to have large chunk of fund for health care...some people r presently calling for these because they believe the is too much for the federal government...
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Abdullahioladej(m): 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
Niger state governor is worst i have seen

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by ofiko123(m): 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
The worst Governor in Nigeria is yahaya bello..

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Adeebiwa09(m): 5:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
Jombom:
Thank God everyone now understands Ikpeazu is the worse governor of all.

Wait are you sure cos Yahaya Bello is the best worst ever to me, his colleague is closely following him.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Adeebiwa09(m): 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
justi40:
Some where in aba
Bro you win abia worse ooo

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Dchosenmhi(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2019
You want to hear from my mouth SAY na Akwa Ibom State with her allocation monthly, still produced the worst governor for the past 4years plus now??
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
Danwakae:

The state has less role to play , that's why some are calling for DECENTRALIZATION OF POWER , so that state can take care of some of these issues, many also call for star police to allow state take care of their security thereby given opportunity to indigenous people to handle the security of their locality since they understand their locality more than anybody else. for instance an Igbo man is sent to Zamafara community , where he can't communicate with them, he has no idea on community and can't even speaks the language of the people to get information about the locality... Bro, presently , the federal gat all the powers...andmaybe until power is decentralized to enable state police, states to produce power for themselves, states to have large chunk of fund for health care...some people r presently calling for these because they believe the is too much for the federal government...

I don't agree with your argument because the the state/local government is supposed to affect the citizens the most. Nigeria is a federal republic, with executive power exercised by the president. He's the head of a representative democratic framework of a federal, presidential, representative democratic republic. The states have governors who also exercise executive power and should work in tandem with the federal government to solve issues affecting their individual states. The state governors are the heads of a representative democracy in their individual states and should be solving their individual problems. Governors and local government chairmen should also be at the forefront of leading the effort of developing the states/country not just the president.

Nigeria is not matured enough for state police so having a centralized police system is probably the best way to handle the police situation right now. For the most part, those communities in Zamfara will understand pigin English or English so I don't think language is a huge concern here.

States can provide the right incentives for private sector to come in to help them generate power for their citizens for profit. It's not rocket science. We just need to have the will to do it.

States have enough money to provide world class hospitals and healthcare facilities for its citizens, the governors just choose to not do it. So decentralize power won't do much to solve the issues.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Oyikoha(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
Yaye Bello
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by plaindealer: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

Well, the governor can work to increase the internally generated revenue and continue working. If he boosts the states economy enough, he can generate more revenue from taxing corporation, employees, and taxes on other activities in the state. So yes, the governor might not be the only problem but they can and should be solving the issues we are discussing here.

Aggressive taxation and collection raised the state's tax receipt from N500 million per month to N30 billion per month in less than 10 years so the issue is not inability to generate tax money, it's over taxation and un-taxable population of non working or productive people.

Lagos is a unique state in Nigeria because it's the only state every Nigerian sees as their last safety net and opportunity to survive and make a decent living and they all troop into Lagos in thousands every day with no where to live, no source of income and no prospect of employment, but they all cramped up inside Lagos, they overstretch the resources and meager infrastructure.

Lagos is practically shouldering the burden of all the failed states in Nigeria and when the state officials ask and beg for special status and extra resources, they strike and vote them down. I guess they are too shortsighted or just blind to the fact that Lagos is not only shouldering their burden, but also is the country's golden goose apart from oil. As a society, we can not have it both ways.

Be nice na, you shouldn't compare NY to any state in Nigeria. Maybe Lagos?. Haba In NY, they have a different problem. We are in completely different stages of growth so $3 Billion will probably go a long way for us than $3 Billion there because the incremental improvement per dollar is high here.

It was a perfect comparison, $3 billion is nothing in a state like Lagos state, a state with crumbling and worn down infrastructures. Exactly what do you think they have left after paying down their other statutory obligations and spending on other major needs around the state? Or you think that $3 billion is just siting there for roads? By the time they get to roads, most of it is gone..

$3 billion in a state like Lagos is chump change.

I do have a solution, but it's the kind of solutions that Nigerians don't like, that they do not understand and wont go for because they have to come out of pocket to pay for it..

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by plaindealer: 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

I don't agree with your argument because the the state/local government is supposed to affect the citizens the most. Nigeria is a federal republic, with executive power exercised by the president. He's the head of a representative democratic framework of a federal, presidential, representative democratic republic. The states have governors who also exercise executive power and should work in tandem with the federal government to solve issues affecting their individual states. The state governors are the heads of a representative democracy in their individual states and should be solving their individual problems. Governors and local government chairmen should also be at the forefront of leading the effort of developing the states/country not just the president.

Nigeria is not matured enough for state police so having a centralized police system is probably the best way to handle the police situation right now. For the most part, those communities in Zamfara will understand pigin English or English so I don't think language is a huge concern here.

States can provide the right incentives for private sector to come in to help them generate power for their citizens for profit. It's not rocket science. We just need to have the will to do it.

States have enough money to provide world class hospitals and healthcare facilities for its citizens, the governors just choose to not do it. So decentralize power won't do much to solve the issues.

Some states are matured and ready to have state police. but many others are not ready and are heavily immature to have state police. I don't see people like Wike in Rivers properly using state police for public good, I see him fighting his enemies and abusing state police for personal use.

Most of the states in Nigeria are poor, many can not even pay workers salary so where is the money for world class facilities going to come from?
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Vulcanheph(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
So currently based on all the comments i've read .....the top 5 useless governors are as follows.
1. ikpeazu -abia
2. Bello- kogi
3. Ayade -cross river
4. sani bello-niger
5. sanwo olu- lagos
........remember the table changes
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by plaindealer: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Kogi state governor is definitely not the worst governor in Nigeria and many of the posters saying he's the worst should look at their own states before pointing fingers.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by djoey89: 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
All...
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by plaindealer: 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
Vulcanheph:
So currently based on all the comments i've read .....the top 5 useless governors are as follows.
1. ikpeazu -abia
2. Bello- kogi
3. Ayade -cross river
4. sani bello-niger
5. sanwo olu- lagos
........remember the table changes

Lest than 4 months in office, but the rest have spent years in office.

It's ok if you personally don't like Sanwo Olu, but it makes no sense to judge him based on anything at the moment.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
we all think he's a joke anyway
swaggerific:

You must be joking, state budget for kinetic crystallization?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aguata LGA Headquaters Attack Gunmen Attack (Video, Pictures) / The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede / The Moment Osinbajo And Tinubu Met At APC South-West Leaders' Meeting (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.