Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,743 members, 7,962,405 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

M.I. Abaga Role As C.E.O Of Chocolate City Music Not Over - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I. Abaga Role As C.E.O Of Chocolate City Music Not Over (445 Views)

C.E.O Imranroofing 5k Weekly Giveaway / "God Forbid" - Kiss Daniel Rejects Chocolate City As Fans Advise Him To Run / M.I. Vs Nas: 'we Must Get Our Money Back’ - Chocolate City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

M.I. Abaga Role As C.E.O Of Chocolate City Music Not Over by shegbo: 5:46am On Sep 29, 2019

Chocolate City is a Nigerian record label founded in 2005 by lawyer Audu Maikori along with Paul Okeugo and Yahaya Maikori. Generally regarded the biggest and most successful indigenous urban record labels in Africa.

After 10 years of hard work, Audu Makori handed over the reins of Chocolate City yesterday to MI while Panshak ‘Ice Prince’ Zamani comes as the Vice President of the music label.

M.I was appointed as the CEO of Chocolate City On June 30, 2015. Signing notable deals with artistes and international brand bringing in artist like Ruby Gyang, Ckay, Yung L, Milli, Koker, ClassiQ, DJ Lambo, Street Billionaires and Loose Kaynon, Under his leadership while Femi Kuti signed under management.

M.I role as CEO came as a development to Chocolate City with notable names like Jesse Jagz coming back to the label after leaving it March 2013. Although for unknown reasons Jesse Jagz still left the label for the second time in 2017, with Ice Prince, Dj lambo, koker, Kahli Abdu & VHS Safari, Milli following along.

Leaving behind The current roster of the label such as Nosa, Loose Kaynon, Ruby Gyang and Ckay. 100 Crowns. With  Chocolate City Under M.I, a joint rap project between Loose Kaynon and A-Q  tagged ‘Crown’ was released in 2018.

Warner Music Group’s latest move is a deal with Nigerian independent label Chocolate City, whose roster includes artists like Femi Kuti, Dice Ailes and M.I. Abaga.

The deal includes “financial support” from WMG and the partnership will see Chocolate City’s artists working with WMG’s distribution and artist-services division ADA globally, but the label will also be supporting WMG in the promotion of its global artists in sub-Saharan Africa.

further reports from Pulse saying: “This was after (the) Warner Music (deal) came into play. Audu Maikori made moves to come back to the label. M.I. has since left his role as CEO of Chocolate City. He should announce his new company soon”.

M.I released Martell Cypher 2; Purification featuring Loose Kaynon, Blaqbonez and A-Q. On the music streaming app, Apple Music, the song was released under TASCK. This might be the name of M.I’s label. with a post on twitter which is confusing on if he is still the CEO or no longer.

Pulse representatives tried to reach out to Chocolate City and M.I to comment on this revelation. Both parties have yet to respond to requests for statements.

His recent reply towards his actions on if he would reply Vector's 'The Purge.' made it official that he is still under Chocolate City with the tweet saying

Hopefully MI’s upcoming Diss track targeted at Vector is said to be on the way, we are keeping our finger crossed to see him go all Hannibal Lecter brutal like he did to his previous Diss.

cc:
airmark
lalalistical

Source:
https://shegbo.com/m-i-abaga-out-of-chocolate-city-music/
Re: M.I. Abaga Role As C.E.O Of Chocolate City Music Not Over by wickyyolo: 7:45am On Sep 29, 2019
M.I with his xenophobia friend AKA can go and kill themselves

(1) (Reply)

Predict The Winner Of Bbnaija 2019 And Win / Bbnaija: Mike Crown Bet9ja Arena Games Champion, Gets 2 Million Naira / SHOCKER!! UNIBEN Lecturer Defends Dr. Boniface In UNILAG Sex For Grades Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.