Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,494 members, 7,904,870 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 08:47 PM

Pls Advice Needed Concerning Golf 4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Advice Needed Concerning Golf 4 (1259 Views)

HELP!!! Golf 4 Engine Needed. / Lets Talk About The VW Golf 4 / Customer Destroys His N61m Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG With A Golf Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice Needed Concerning Golf 4 by Prof325: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Good afternoon everyone pls I need advice from an auto gear expert,the gearbox of my golf 4 2003 model with 5 plug engine recently started revving up and refusing to enter gear 3 although sometimes it went enter gear 3 other times it will just rev up and return to gear we changed gearbox oil but no different so the valve body that contains the shift solenoids was loosed so it can cleaned but when it was fixed back the car only moves in reverse and not drive pls I need your advice and suggestions thank you
Photos of the gear box and valve body are added

Re: Pls Advice Needed Concerning Golf 4 by nurey(m): 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
Prof325:
Good afternoon everyone pls I need advice from an auto gear expert,the gearbox of my golf 4 2003 model with 5 plug engine recently started revving up and refusing to enter gear 3 although sometimes it went enter gear 3 other times it will just rev up and return to gear we changed gearbox oil but no different so the valve body that contains the shift solenoids was loosed so it can cleaned but when it was fixed back the car only moves in reverse and not drive pls I need your advice and suggestions thank you
Photos of the gear box and valve body are added

stop dashing mechanic free money and go market go buy replacement gear or if automatic transmission is too expensive, switch to manual
Re: Pls Advice Needed Concerning Golf 4 by Prof325: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
OK thanks
Re: Pls Advice Needed Concerning Golf 4 by Iamsane: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2020
nurey:

stop dashing mechanic free money and go market go buy replacement gear or if automatic transmission is too expensive, switch to manual

Oga mi sir. Which gear oil and engine oil is suitable for for golf 3 engines. Especially Volkswagen Vento. Automatic transmission.
Re: Pls Advice Needed Concerning Golf 4 by nurey(m): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
Iamsane:

Oga mi sir. Which gear oil and engine oil is suitable for for golf 3 engines. Especially Volkswagen Vento. Automatic transmission.

https://www.nairaland.com/1864485/which-atf-recommended-1997-volkswagen

check that thread
Re: Pls Advice Needed Concerning Golf 4 by Iamsane: 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry Fuel Consumption (its Urgent Help A Brother) / TOYOTA CAMRY 1999 - 2000 OWNERS, HOW OFTEN DO U CHANGE THESE PARTS / Camry 1998: Cruise control knob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.