Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:04 AM

Timming Belt For Rav4 1999 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Timming Belt For Rav4 1999 Model (1104 Views)

Is Toyota Rav4 1999 Model A Good Car / Please Where Can I Buy OEM Timing Belt For 2001 Camry In Abuja / Knocking Sound From Rav4 1999 Engine!!! Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timming Belt For Rav4 1999 Model by Kurlins(m): 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
In a space of 1 month, I have replaced my timing belt twice and i think it just got bad again, today.
Pls can someone profer a lasting solution??
Re: Timming Belt For Rav4 1999 Model by tukdi: 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
Don't buy "original" timing belt again, go for the direct-belgium timing belt.
You can thank me later!!! grin
Re: Timming Belt For Rav4 1999 Model by badoh(m): 8:06am On Oct 01, 2019
The issue is what is causing the timing belt to cut or go out of position. Is it that the timing belt is substandard or there are other underlying factors responsible for this which you need a good technician to help detect.

1 Like

Re: Timming Belt For Rav4 1999 Model by amosfunmi(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2019
Kurlins:
In a space of 1 month, I have replaced my timing belt twice and i think it just got bad again, today.
Pls can someone profer a lasting solution??

Below are likely causes and possible solutions

1. If there is oil leaks around your timing belt area, belt would easily slip out of position and get broken.
Possible Solutions:
>> Replace crankshaft seal, Camshaft seal and the oil pump seal and gasket.

2. Bad Idling roller bearing or/and the tensioning roller bearing.
Possible solution:
>> Replaced damaged rollers. let whoever would work on it also check the gears for any damaged.

3. Counterfeit timing Belt
Possible Solution:
>> Get a genuine timing belt: this may be relatively expensive, genuine OEM not less than 20k
>> Genuine Toyota belt bought in March was for 23k at a shop in Akilo Road
>> Genuine Gates belt would also work well
>> Best of them all is the Gates racing belt and the most expensive of them all. It is usually blue in colour.

All these 2k to 4k belt can only last 1 to 2months if you don't travel.
be careful when you go to Ladipo Market to buy the so called Tokunbo belt, they are mostly fakes except it is removed in your presence
from and engine that has not been opened before.

2 Likes

Re: Timming Belt For Rav4 1999 Model by amosfunmi(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2019
tukdi:
Don't buy "original" timing belt again, go for the direct-belgium timing belt.

You can thank me later!!! grin
If you really bought genuine OEM, it would last years
Not the so called acclaimed original. Genuine Toyota timing belt is above 20k.

2 Likes

Re: Timming Belt For Rav4 1999 Model by Kurlins(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
amosfunmi:

Below are likely causes and possible solutions

1. If there is oil leaks around your timing belt area, belt would easily slip out of position and get broken.
Possible Solutions:
>> Replace crankshaft seal, Camshaft seal and the oil pump seal and gasket.

2. Bad Idling roller bearing or/and the tensioning roller bearing.
Possible solution:
>> Replaced damaged rollers. let whoever would work on it also check the gears for any damaged.

3. Counterfeit timing Belt
Possible Solution:
>> Get a genuine timing belt: this may be relatively expensive, genuine OEM not less than 20k
>> Genuine Toyota belt bought in March was for 23k at a shop in Akilo Road
>> Genuine Gates belt would also work well
>> Best of them all is the Gates racing belt and the most expensive of them all. It is usually blue in colour.

All these 2k to 4k belt can only last 1 to 2months if you don't travel.
be careful when you go to Ladipo Market to buy the so called Tokunbo belt, they are mostly fakes except it is removed in your presence
from and engine that has not been opened before.

Thanks for your help. I have been using my car without any issues since the last time. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Win This Bid On Iaai? / My Car Doesn't Select 'D' Gear Unless When Fired / My Toyota Camry 07

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.