Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,564 members, 7,972,124 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:01 AM

Tales Of A Medical Student!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tales Of A Medical Student!! (736 Views)

UON Medical Student Caught Cheating (Video, Photos) / Five Fallacies About Being A Medical Student / Esther Adaobi Azom Gets Car From Ooni Of Ife As Best Graduating Medical Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of A Medical Student!! by jansonn(m): 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
Pre mb don drop o" a close friend screamed while we sat under the mango tree at Lr5, I was chilling with a bottle of Pepsi which I didn't really like but then, I sipped so that at least it's flavours and the condensing taste of a carbonated drink would help me forget my sorrows.
I picked my phone, opened my WhatsApp and at that moment I saw over 70 messages yet to be read on my class page, and trust me!! When you see that much message on your class page, ehhh!! Then result is definitely out. At that moment , i could feel the cold sweat dripping down my nape, I could literally hear my own heart beat, I logged into the class page and pictures were smiling at me, at that moment my prayers were "God!! please, save my destiny" pictures were downloaded and I had to look for my matric. number which seems to be taking like forever or_
perhaps my matric. number was omitted?? So I thought, only for me to see it right there with_ _my score right in front of it. All this drama went on at lr 5 but in my mind, it was as though I was the only one in an empty room, dark and cold. Am_
sure a lot of people said hi but I didn't hear them, they said how was it but I didn't answer, the response isn't new to them anyway, thats the feeling when results drop at college.
_My pre mb was below 50, just a little above 45! I was devastated, all my fears were smiling at me, is only a day before mb. How would I do this? At that moment, I could remember how I had to write jamb for 3 years just to get into medical school, how i narrowly escaped 100 level, how I repeated 200 level and yet promoted with low 50s to 300 level and now after failing mb the first time ,am at the verge of being withdrawn if I fail this time. My mates were in 500 level but at that point, that wasn't my problem anymore, I just wanted to pass and make my momma proud of me!!I could literally remember how I studied for neuro/head and neck after git/ugs/endo dropped and I was on low 40s.I remembered how I read every page of Snell's , answered all pqs, discussed each topic but because my previous scores were so low, neuro couldn't buffer it enough and now am here. Did I work hard ?yes!! Did I pray? Even more!! Then what happened(sobs)?? I don't know!! I eventually consoled_ _myself with a popular college quote "las las...." Mb came, we wrote it and mb left!! I could remember the day I was going home, it was like I had graduated because I knew am not returning back, I'd just take another jamb and continue my life somewhere else, "not all men can be doctors, some should just remain patients" I said!!
_Results were released and the experience described above repeated itself again except this time, I passed!! How I passed? Am not sure, could it be because mb was a little easy(some how I studied myself to death) or God just wanted to save me?which ever way, I had passed and am glad I did!!It was an experience I'd never forget!!
*This was the experience of a fellow medical student of the university of Ilorin!! Am sure you were inspired by this, if you were, do share and let others be encouraged by it. Stories like this ain't new in medical school only that people dont get to hear them and thats why we at "tales of a medical student" have decided to put together this modest venture, tell your story to us, make it as detailed as it can be, just like the one above, it could be as an anonymous source or you could attach your name. Let's inspire younger students not to give up!! It also applies to medical doctors who would like to share their experience in the early years of practise, mistakes made, lessons learnt!! Usmle, plab experiences, anything that a fellow medical student or doctor could learn from. So, if you've got any experiences you'd like to share, just send a mail!!

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Eranmus Mundus Scholarship 2020 / Blogging, Learning, And Reflecting / UNILAG MBA: HND HOLDER WITH UPPER CREDIT CAN APPLY - 08158942445!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.