Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,928 members, 7,886,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:27 AM

Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee (21442 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts / Genevieve Nnaji's Movie "Lionheart" Sold For N150 In Traffic / Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2019
Alanpoza007:

Idiotic tribal bigot.. You who doesn't even know the difference between Nobel Peace Prize and Nobel Prize in Literature also think he has an opinion.. what a pity.
all these fools sef..... I love wole soyinka, atleast hes one of the few yoruba figures that's not blinded by nepotism and speaks truths. This doesnt justify why the white man gave him a Nobel status. Now we all use him as a standard, when in real facts, the literal works he was awarded for will not get even a community recognition in the west. They lower our standards to keep us down. The same thing they do in science. An african assembles a toy car and hes given awards, that are only given to oyibo that have developed nuclear theories and adam bombs. So the everybody looks up to the african awarded as a standard not knowing the worlds left them behind. He becomes the standard
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 5:03pm On Oct 04, 2019
itu404:

Don't buy your opinion, bro. Another thing, it was not a nobel price for peace, but for literature that was conferred on Soyinka.
well it was still an award which serves as standard for us... an award they wouldnt gve to their own people in that category. They reduce our standards to keep us down
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2019
KingOdart:

The movie was submitted by Nigerian committee it was not chosen by whites

There is no need to display your hatred for Soyinka and Yoruba.

Read and comprehend before you comment.
you're a clown... read my past posts , youd see soyinka is one the few yoruba figures we all respect for always speaking the truth. That being said, have you seen the calibre of movie nominated for oscars? If an oyibo did a movie like lion heart do you even think Telemundo would play it. Honestly you guys need to drop tribalism. Its doesnt help us. So while others are talking of avenger movies. The Indians bringing their own top notch movies we are being awarded for a joke and were happy.....
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
Originalsly:
I've seen wayyyyy better movies than Lionheart. If that is the one being nominated for the Oscars.... then I don't ever want to see the rest that were in the running. To me... Lionheart was veryyyy disappointing....no doubt... I can't think of any movie Genevieve was in that was such a ehmmm.... disaster. It was not engaging period.... no direction.... no suspense.... in fact... I couldn't even follow what was going on.... so bad that the movie could've ended at any moment.... I wished it did earlier instead of just plodding along forever and ever before amen the end. So why should this movie represent Nigeria ? People would be reasoning if this is the best... then let me stay clear of other movies from this region. it is better no movie be nominated than this piece of ....
EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYYY

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
iSlayer:
All these people crying have just started. I'm confident Genny will hit them with another one soon. Remember she got over a billion naira from Lionheart.
na so. All these lying celebrities...when furs follow am u go hear truth
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 5:20pm On Oct 04, 2019
DHonorable:
Lionheart still remains the bullet that made the most impact in the Nigerian movie industry& Africa scene at large.
Genevieve nnaji woke the creative minds that were asleep. Demonstrated patriotism using Nigerians made cars and extracts, best casts and talents.
The movie garnered more than what was expected.
Being her first directed play on screen and at that made such exploit; Lionheart deserves Oscar and other noble awards.
Nollywood is no longer a joke industry. Directors are now woke. They now know there are standards.
I expect more from them. But then, let appreciate & applaud Lionheart irrespective of your tribe. Like it or leave it, history was made by Genevieve nnaji cool kiss
so after watching infinity wars you'll then switch to lion heart.....looollllllll....
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
nunnu:

You sure do have very low standards.
that's what the white man has done to him.... LOWERED HIS STANDSRDS AND KEPT HIM IN SOAP OPERA STATUS.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
Teena18:
I think the actors are cool and everything was ok but Oscar?? Really?? Have you guys watched Oscar winning movies??
All the best though, I'm happy we(Nigeria) even had the chance to submit a movie
or to go and disgrace ourselves....half of a yellow sun sef isnt an oscar movie. Come be that joke of a movie lion heart. Dialgue..0, acting...0, scripting ....0, picture.....0, directing .....000000... That's what will represent us in oscars.. they'll now be clapping like when you see a monkey ride a bicycle and the world call it a genius monkey.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by KingOdart(m): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
revolt:
you're a clown... read my past posts , youd see soyinka is one the few yoruba figures we all respect for always speaking the truth. That being said, have you seen the calibre of movie nominated for oscars? If an oyibo did a movie like lion heart do you even think Telemundo would play it. Honestly you guys need to drop tribalism. Its doesnt help us. So while others are talking of avenger movies. The Indians bringing their own top notch movies we are being awarded for a joke and were happy.....

You are the clown here

So not liking Lion heart is tribalism?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
Ishilove:

What are you writing, nitori Olorun? Your post contains the names of two literary giants (Soyinka is a Colossus), yet you can't string an intelligible composition together?undecided
colossal giant beside who? So when Stephen king dey talk you'll call soyinka... I'm not in an ielts class, but I know I scored a band 8. You cannot match me in lexis and structure. This na nairaland oga
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
KingOdart:

You are the clown here

So not liking Lion heart is tribalism?
wawu pls clean your glasses and read my post again
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by Teena18(f): 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
revolt:
or to go and disgrace ourselves....half of a yellow sun sef isnt an oscar movie. Come be that joke of a movie lion heart. Dialgue..0, acting...0, scripting ....0, picture.....0, directing .....000000... That's what will represent us in oscars.. they'll now be clapping like when you see a monkey ride a bicycle and the world call it a genius monkey.

LMAO...you're angry o.
Well, Oscars aren't always about how awesome the movie is but also the actors and She is known internationally so might be a plus.
Also, the movie was not that bad just unrealistic ��
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by revolt(m): 2:55am On Oct 05, 2019
Teena18:

LMAO...you're angry o.
Well, Oscars aren't always about how awesome the movie is but also the actors and She is known internationally so might be a plus.
Also, the movie was not that bad just unrealistic ��
pls genieve by international standards isnt a gud actress....someone that can only play diva even when shes playing house help shes a diva. I saw beast of no nation and those ghananian kids by far are better than most of our s I'll called actors...
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by YhubieIsidore(m): 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
DHonorable:
You said it all, 'you know nothing.' grin goodnews is that you could be better that both but being Tribalistic is a barrier for creativity. Lionheart is a narrative of norms from the earthen part of Nigeria. Am even sure you haven't watched this movie, those highlights u saw re not enough cool

Last time I checked.... As a legal citizen, one is entitled to an opinion (even if it doesn't corelate with yours)... So pls allow me to drink water and drop cup.

And just so u know, Im an Akwa Ibomite and do not have any affiliation whatsoever with yoruba
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by tck2000(m): 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
hehe
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by oboy81: 5:23am On Nov 02, 2019
oluwadamilolah:
lol...there is nothing quality about this movie. Seems you've not watched it, watch it and quote this message.
That's sarcasm
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by oboy81: 5:24am On Nov 02, 2019
Lamanii22:

There's no big deal in the movie... The only big deal's that it's a movie by Genevieve...
Sarcasm my sister, sarcasm
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by Lamanii22(f): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2019
oboy81:

Sarcasm my sister, sarcasm

I'm not being sarcastic... There are better movies than lion heart... Considering the kind of award...
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ Submitted For The Oscar 2020 By Nigerian Committee by oboy81: 3:15am On Nov 03, 2019
Lamanii22:

I'm not being sarcastic... There are better movies than lion heart... Considering the kind of award...
I was being sarcastic in my first comment, you quoted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Film Producer Arrested / Three Nollywood Movie Pirates Arrested At Alaba Market [PICS] / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.