Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,398 members, 7,901,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 11:04 PM

SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters (12510 Views)

Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko / Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency / Jubilation As George Akume Arrives SGF Office After Swearing-in (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by MetaPhysical: 11:36am On Oct 04, 2019
What fckng constituency is under SGF?
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by freshvine(f): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2019
seunmsg:

There is nothing wrong with the news. Lawmakers always nominate projects through ministry or agency where they can easily get the money back. SGF is a big office with several agencies under it. When you breakdown the details, you will realize most of the constituency projects funds will be implemented by agencies under the supervision of the SGF and not directly by the OSGF. One popular agency they always use is the Border communities development agencies. If you check the details beyond the lumping together by Sahara reporters, you will understand better.

Are you a contractor? I find it hard separating their projects from the genuine ones emanating from MDA's so I don't lose money during bidding process
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by Staro: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2019
Thieves
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by mechanics(m): 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
Which project will the SGF undertake in his constituency?
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by Numismatic(m): 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
seunmsg:

I’m really surprised people are asking me this question. Are you guys not aware that there are several agencies under the supervision of the SGF?

They are many so I can’t list them all. The ones I can remember are: FRSC, Hajj commission, BCDA, National lottery regulatory commission, National pensions commission, National boundary commission, National identity management commission etc.

Hmmmm. I thought all those are under ministry of interior.. Never heard that FRSC is under office if the sectary of the federation..
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2019
#govt of thieves,
by thieves,
for simpletons!
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by Numismatic(m): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
seunmsg:

I’m really surprised people are asking me this question. Are you guys not aware that there are several agencies under the supervision of the SGF?

They are many so I can’t list them all. The ones I can remember are: FRSC, Hajj commission, BCDA, National lottery regulatory commission, National pensions commission, National boundary commission, National identity management commission etc.

But even though these agencies are under the supervision of the SGF, they also get their own budgetary allocations different from the SGF.. Such huge budget allocation for SGF cannot be justified.
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by Jimoh7555: 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
I think a day will come and we the Nigerian youths will stand up against bad governance, we will become fearless and the only thing we'll focus on is better governance.....

1 Like

Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by bikefab(m): 12:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
Buhari's body odour of corruption smells worse than Tacha's own.
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by seunmsg(m): 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
freshvine:

Are you a contractor? I find it hard separating their projects from the genuine ones emanating from MDA's so I don't lose money during bidding process

I’m not a contractor. Normally, MDA’S should indicate when calling for bids if the project is a constituency project or that of the MDA. Any contractor that bids for constituency project is just throwing money away because the lawmaker that initiated the project will nominate a front as the contractor.
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by seunmsg(m): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
Numismatic:

But even though these agencies are under the supervision of the SGF, they also get their own budgetary allocations different from the SGF.. Such huge budget allocation for SGF cannot be justified.

Every agency under the supervision of a ministry also get their budget separate from the supervising ministry. However, the agencies are always listed under the supervising body in the budget and their allocations are aggregated.
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by psucc(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
helinues:
I smell lies

Office of SGF N16bn ?
Ministry of power N1.7bn?

SGF allotted money self is even the highest

And Na only Sahara deserted carry the news..
Do you have another source to verify this report by SR? If yes please post your findings let's see who is lying. Calling SR names doesn't in anyway invalidate their claim until you prove otherwise
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by idesylvester(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
The way them dey call money for this country eh, e dey wonder me why poverty still dey flex here
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
Take into account that this story was written by Sahara Reporters. That Sowore was a founder of?
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by mindtricks: 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
overall90:

I don't know if it's lack of comprehension or ignorance that is your problem.
these monies are not the main budgetary allocations for MDAs but rather are constituency projects allowances which the office holders have the discretion to spend on so called constituency projects any how he likes which have become a conduit to steal public funds by both the executive and legislator.

Isn't the bolded the bone of contention, what is killing the masses, yet it is not getting kind of attack/disapproval it deserves under the self acclaimed anti-corruption regime.
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by mindtricks: 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
Jimoh7555:
I think a day will come and we the Nigerian youths will stand up against bad governance, we will become fearless and the only thing we'll focus on is better governance.....

Yes surely dear, in the days of beloved coming great grand children when there will probably be no Tacha or BB Naija to own our focus.

But until then, I think for this day we the Nigerian youths will rather focus on such things like Tacha and co.
Re: SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters by Boyooosa(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
hmmm, this is serious! the info source is something else tho.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC: NEC Meeting Not Holding On March 17 / INEC Bars Negligent Staff From Governorship Polls, Issues Stern Warning To Recs / FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.