Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,136 members, 7,890,840 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:37 PM

Leaving My Present Job To An Other - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Leaving My Present Job To An Other (571 Views)

Please Help Me Decide On This Present Job Offer / Remorse After Leaving My Job / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaving My Present Job To An Other by Akporhono4u(m): 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
Good evening everyone.
Am confuse, am working with a construction company in lagos, and i recently got a federal govt job.
Am a graduate, but they collected me with ssce certificate, meaning am going to be paid the salary of level 04 which is 20k.
Mainwhile am receiving 80k at my place of work and other site runs. Am a civil engineer.
I was told i can do upgrade later to level 8 which is graduate level. Am confuse, i don't know what to do.
Re: Leaving My Present Job To An Other by Akporhono4u(m): 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
I need advice please
Re: Leaving My Present Job To An Other by enemachris(m): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2019
My brother, i would advise you to continue with your construction work. Don't go and punish yourself by accepting the Federal Govt job offer because of job security, what can 20K afford in present Economy?. After all what do i even know, just a piece of advice from a local man. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Leaving My Present Job To An Other by revcompaty(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
My brother !
My brother!!

Stay glued to your construction job wu o. Federal covment work isn't as secure anymore as it used to be. A friend got sacked recently from a medical line simply cos power changed hand Ambode to Sanwo.

Just my little shilling though smiley
Re: Leaving My Present Job To An Other by SoNature(m): 6:25am On Oct 05, 2019
revcompaty:
My brother !
My brother!!

Stay glued to your construction job wu o. Federal covment work isn't as secure anymore as it used to be. A friend got sacked recently from a medical line simply cos power changed hand Ambode to Sanwo.

Just my little shilling though smiley

This is false

State government cannot sack federal workers
Re: Leaving My Present Job To An Other by Akporhono4u(m): 7:01am On Oct 05, 2019
Please i need the advise, am running out of time
Re: Leaving My Present Job To An Other by julyb(m): 7:02am On Oct 05, 2019
Please stay with the construction company where you can grow your career.This govt job will waste your time make you so lazy and lose your focus.Within 10 years in your current job, you can build your house,get a nice car and live a moderate life with your family.10 years in govt job you might not have achieved much as salary growth is very slow.You live from hand to mouth with the stipend
Re: Leaving My Present Job To An Other by Fabulouski(m): 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
I will advice you stay with your present job o. Forget this federal government matter since its level 4. Do you think its that easy to present your degree and upgrade?

With 80k aside site runs you'd be OK in few years to come if you have direction in life.
Re: Leaving My Present Job To An Other by Florblu(f): 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2019
Please ignore the Federal Government job. Apart from the fact that the pay is small, most government jobs will only make you "dormant" You will not get the necessary exposure and experience. You might end up being a local champion.

But working with a private coy will expose you to lots of things. You will learn and keep learning.

(1) (Reply)

Pppoo / Online Customer Service Representative Needed / Front Desk Attendant Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.