Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,201 members, 7,910,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerian Quality - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Quality (605 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Quality by dotman(m): 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2010
My company recently concluded the yearly scholarship award for undergraduate students, and out of about 25,000 applicants nationwide, less than 20% had over 60%. They even had to cut down on the paas mark because the couldnt get the required number they wanted. My point exactly is that, is it the fault of employers when they want to recuite, if undergraduates that are still fresh cannot do simple arithmetics.

Its a shame on this nation.
Re: Nigerian Quality by AjanleKoko: 10:04am On Nov 05, 2010
dotman:

My company recently concluded the yearly scholarship award for undergraduate students, and out of about 25,000 applicants nationwide, less than 20% had over 60%. They even had to cut down on the paas mark because the couldnt get the required number they wanted. My point exactly is that, is it the fault of employers when they want to recuite, if undergraduates that are still fresh cannot do simple arithmetics.

Its a shame on this nation.

Interesting.
What was their criteria for selection? Which schools, which disciplines? What year? Typically 100L is not a good year to select bright students.

(1) (Reply)

Most Expirience Electrician In The House / Qualify To Be An International English Teacher In 2 Years / Goodnews For Law Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.