Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,649 members, 7,918,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 10:26 PM

Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom (19403 Views)

Herdsmen Kill Evangelist Segun Adegboyega In His Farm In Oyo, Suspects Arrested / Herdsmen Invade Ondo State Community, Kill Farmer, Injure Eight Other Residents / Suspected herdsmen kill farmer, policeman in Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Ctorch: 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
There is palpable tension in Nkek village, Ukanafun local government area of Akwa Ibom State following the killing of a farmer identified as Lucky Christopher Udoakpan by Herdsmen

The council chairman, Mr. Uko Idiong, who disclosed this to journalists via a telephone call on Sunday, said Udoakpan was killed on Friday when he went to weed grass on his farm.
Idiong said the deceased was on his farm when some herdsmen entered and insisted on feeding their cattle with his crops and this led to a quarrel between him and the herdsmen.

He said the herders had in the fit of rage pulled out machetes and inflicted cuts on the deceased. The injuries sustained from the attack led to his (farmer) death.

The council chief said: ”The incident happened in Nkek village. Nkek village is in Ward 3 in Southern Ukanafun, Ukanafun local government area. Youths of the village called to inform me of the incident and I quickly went there with the House of Assembly member, Hon. Charity Ido, to inspect the scene.

“But before I went there I had to call my Divisional Police Officer, Edet Offiong, who was ahead of me. The police saw the corpse and took it to the compound of one of the chiefs in the village. So I told them to wait till I arrive.

” When I got there the youths of the village were aggrieved and I had to talk to them to remain calm. The villagers informed me that the deceased went to his farm to weed.
“When he (deceased) was there he saw the herdsmen with their cattle. He told them to leave his farm because the cows were destroying his crops.”

He said the villagers told him that when the farmer and the herdsmen were talking, the herdsmen challenged him (Udoakpan) and brought out daggers and machetes and cut the man in about three places on his body and he died.
“I directed that the corpse should be deposited in the mortuary that same day. It is regrettable and sad that the man died leaving behind his newborn baby who is still breastfeeding, a young wife and an aged mother.

“I told the DPO that they should look for the herdsmen who killed the man. But the police reported back to me, saying they could not find them as not even the footprints of the herdsmen or the cows were seen,” Idiong added.
The state Police Public Relations Officer(PPRO), Odiko MacDon, confirmed the incident, saying “the policemen are aware of the incident and investigation is ongoing.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/tension-as-herdsmen-kill-farmer-in-akwa-ibom/?fbclid=IwAR33s2dIAy6haOIqGNUe66xr6OvCL0g29q_N7Fwm5zdIkVGAcyGupk1DH7Q

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Freemanbobble: 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
Okay

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by NonFarmPayrol: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
If no be lugard

Wetin concern my state with north

Nigeria is just one useless union

Drill oil in our land. And share the money to alhaji

undecided

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Sukueponmalu: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
Freemanbobble:
Okay
As in??
Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by ursullalinda(f): 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
Nothing seems to be done about this menace till we all can't go back to our villages or our pple back home are all killed. The government has no security plans for us, so communities need to start planning for their safety.

18 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
cry
Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Yukyaky: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
oooh not again

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by clarocuzioo(m): 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
MannaBBQ come and defend the disaster your Lord and saviour enthroned. Look at the report of the police,that they could not find any foot print of the cow.

What a country.

Anyone supporting this evil government, evil will never depart from your household.

Rubbish country.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Sukueponmalu: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
NonFarmPayrol:
If no be lugard

Wetin concern my state with north

undecided
[/s]
Trash

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
THE ONLY THING THAT WILL SOLVE THIS ISSUE NA BIAFRA

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
wa oh , meanwhile for yr Hd movies in port Harcourt,check signature
Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by PureGoldh(m): 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
Dx people and their Wahala again angry

Since it concerns the life(s) of cows... Mr President will Jejely lockup.

Who did we actually offend in this country ? sad

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by ZombieTAMER: 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
Buhari effect continues

Death everywhere
Cone heads are happy

16 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by 24kmagic: 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
Shey na every killing be herdsmen?

Na WA oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by zeromeridian: 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
Only Biafra can save you from this carnage.
Embrace freedom
Embrace Biafra and all these rubbish will stop in Biafra land

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by AbiBuruji722(m): 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2019
Even cow foot print?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Naijaonfire(m): 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2019
They are back again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by ZombieTAMER: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2019
Sukueponmalu:
[s][/s]
Trash

Death to all those chanting sai barber and one Nigeria

15 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Soskid(m): 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2019
The youths were watching while the herdsmen were killing the farmer? The herdsmen escaped with their cows after the attack without being challenged by the youths? So many questions beg for answers but what do I know? We live in a country where people don't ask salient questions

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by seyilabi(m): 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2019
When will these herdmen stop this killing my God. They just don't have value for human life. RIP to the dead.
Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Tumbulum: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
VICTORCIZA:
THE ONLY THING THAT WILL SOLVE THIS ISSUE NA BIAFRA
I believe you bro

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by waternogetenemy: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
Yoruba come and defend your master.

Since last week, they have been busy starting thread with intention to start conflict between Igbo and Akwa Ibom.

Dey dont know such conflict is impossible, the relationship is blood deep.

9 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by SIMEONMPEE(m): 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
Nigeria my country.....

Someone here may need the info on my signature, kindly check it out...
Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by 9jaBloke: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hmm. Nigeria!
Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Chipink(f): 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
undecided
Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by tommykiwi(m): 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
The should plz allow pple go their separate ways...
Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Loyalty2z(m): 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
Herdsmen again.. Buhari why ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by achikolo(f): 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
buhari is criminal terrorist - Simplyleo

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by Afospecialk: 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
The developers will kill 100 Herdsmen In return as our bloders always cheastbeat

I think they are claiming that no more Herdsmen in d SE ?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill Farmer In Akwa Ibom by lereinter(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2019
Sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper / Bandits Kill 2 Ekiti Monarchs, Elesun Of Esun & Olumojo Of Imojo / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Soldier, 3 Others In Plateau Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.