Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,334 members, 7,900,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 05:44 PM

The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. (1077 Views)

The Worst Kind Of People / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by LordReed(m): 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

If meaning is entirely ours then life has no inherent objective meaning, only subjective meaning no?

Remember that usually subjective meanings or perspectives only mean much to the subject of the meaning of perspective.

If life has no inherent meaning, all the wonders of the universe is pointless

Exactly, life has meaning to you because you are here now living it. It has no meaning before or after you are here to live it.

Wonder too is subjective, there are people who have no wonder for nature. As long as you are here experiencing life, all wonders of the universe are there for you to assimilate or ignore. If you choose to assimilate them then they have meaning for you.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by LordReed(m): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

I lost my dad a few weeks ago , I can only imagine how it feels to loose a child. My heart goes out to him and every grieving family out there

My condolences. Cherish the memories.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by LordReed(m): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Why is our survival important to us and nature if the universe is just a cold brutal fact?

Why then do humans inherent strive to live as long as possible and have offspring to continue the survival race from one generation to another?

My point is that it seems like there is some bigger picture here that a naturalistic and materialistic worldview is refusing to ponder about.

If life is just is. Then I argue that consciousness is an evolutionary disadvantage. Do animals ponder about existence or God?

Existential depression is peculiar to humans as long as we know. So even though yes consciousness has it's advantages, existential crisis is big enough to consider it a huge disadvantage.

What is bigger than living the best life you can? There is no evidence that before or after you are alive that there is any thing to experience. This is all you've got.

Like I said the pains and joys are still gonna be experienced by you. If you want to see another day on the Savannah then you must outsmart the predators of the day and of the night.

You are free to consider it a disadvantage however the man cruising in a Maybach limousine or a G650 private jet knows he doesn't want to be an animal scrabbling for food on the Savannah.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by Martinez79: 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
The worst moment is when I watched my son laid down helplessly on hospital bed for days gasping for breathe until he gave up ghost. The situation makes me hate God more
God is nonexistent. The universe is indifferent to the life of man.

https://www.nairaland.com/5009686/hard-facts-life

1 Like

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
LordReed:

What is bigger than living the best life you can? There is no evidence that before or after you are alive that there is any thing to experience. This is all you've got.

Like I said the pains and joys are still gonna be experienced by you. If you want to see another day on the Savannah then you must outsmart the predators of the day and of the night.

You are free to consider it a disadvantage however the man cruising in a Maybach limousine or a G650 private jet knows he doesn't want to be an animal scrabbling for food on the Savannah.

Oh there is so much bigger than living the best life you can in my very subjective opinion. The fact that the best life is subjective is even a huge philosophical question. anyway I have exams this morning, I will like to continue this our conversation later, I do enjoy your take on life issues by the way

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covid-19: Young Indian Astrologer Accurately Predicted The Crisis And Its End / Daddyfreeze Responds To Ibiyeomie.. Video / Prophet Mohammad, King David And The Twisted History!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.