Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:36 PM

Sheriff Opts To Run For Senate In 2011 ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff Opts To Run For Senate In 2011 ! (501 Views)

US Opts To Buy Nigeria’s Crude, Says Kachikwu / Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust / Senate In Rowdy Session Over Vote Of Confidence On Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sheriff Opts To Run For Senate In 2011 ! by wales(m): 6:40am On Nov 05, 2010
Bornu State Governor, Ali Modu Sheriff, on Wednesday opted to seek the nomination of the All Nigeria Peoples Party to represent Borno Central Constituency in the Senate in 2011.

Sheriff said this in Maiduguri while receiving the ANPP nomination form, jointly presented to him by 10 members of the House of Representatives from the state.

He said “The presentation of the form came as a big surprise to me because I only got to know about it yesterday night.

“My intention was to retire from politics after completing my two-term tenure as governor but today’s event has changed everything.”

Sheriff said he was satisfied with his achievements in life after being a three-time senator and a two-term Governor of Borno State.

“As a politician, you have to make some sacrifices even when you are not too comfortable and since the people have decided that I should go back to the Senate, I have no choice but to follow their wishes,” he said.

The Governor added that the development was an indication that the people appreciated his contributions to the development of the state.

He said: “I must say that I appreciate their efforts in presenting the form to me, I think that they are worried that if I leave now they might not have a strong person to lead the state in the National Assembly in 2011.

“They have indeed succeeded in changing my mind from retirement.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101105111180
Re: Sheriff Opts To Run For Senate In 2011 ! by wales(m): 6:40am On Nov 05, 2010
They just keeping recycling themselves!!! All these nonperforming govs want to be in the senate to continue looting. Is there hope for this country?
Re: Sheriff Opts To Run For Senate In 2011 ! by Lawalemi(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2010
Oole!

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Pdp Crisis: Jonathan Summons Chime, Nwodo / We Have Phone Database For All Gsm Users In Nigeria / Jonathan Leads In Polls -US Gallup Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.