Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:53 AM

UK Man Wakes Up To N160,000 Uber Bill After Falling Asleep In Back Seat - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / UK Man Wakes Up To N160,000 Uber Bill After Falling Asleep In Back Seat (331 Views)

2 Die While Asleep As Heavy Flood Covers Cars And Houses In Benin (Pics) / Akhigbe Nuel Odiase: Corper Dies After Falling From A Danfo In Lagos / Sensei Uche's Car Stops Danfo From Falling Off 3rd Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Man Wakes Up To N160,000 Uber Bill After Falling Asleep In Back Seat by gcey2k(m): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
A UK clubber's alcohol-fueled night of partying has left him with a £400 (NZ$770) Uber bill after he fell asleep inside the cab.

After hard night out partying - and multiple alcoholic beverages - 20-year-old Joseph Fergie decided to use the ridesharing app to get himself home safely.

The call centre worker got into his Uber at 5:14am for the 3km ride to his home in Leith, Scotland, which normally takes around 15 minutes

Unfortunately, he fell asleep in the cab's back seat, only to be woken up at 8:30am by his Uber driver who informed Fergie that he had arrived at his chosen destination.

Upon looking around, Fergie got the shock of his life. Instead of being driven home, he had been driven 180km to Kirkcudbright in Dunfries and Galloway.

"I woke up still drunk and when I saw sheep kicking about the countryside - I thought the guy had taken me to Musselburgh," he told the Daily Record.

Musselburgh is a town on the coast of the Firth of Forth, around 13km from Edinburgh's city centre.

He sent a Snapchat of his predicament to his friends, who were quick to see the funny side.

https://twitter.com/MichaelFerns8/status/1180415813058256897?s=19

"I ended up telling all my pals about the situation and they just burst out laughing. They couldn't believe what happened," he told the Daily Record.

It took him seven hours and multiple buses and trains to finally arrive back in Edinburgh. His Uber account was charged £395.85 (NZ$771.98) for the journey.

"I'm still trying to piece together what exactly happened last night and I am chatting with Uber to see if they can help in any way," Fergie added.

"I've had never heard of Kirkcudbright before last night and I doubt I'll be able to ever forget it now."

Newshub.

Source:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2019/10/uk-man-wakes-up-to-770-uber-bill-after-falling-asleep-in-back-seat.html

Lalasticlala
Re: UK Man Wakes Up To N160,000 Uber Bill After Falling Asleep In Back Seat by Kwamecron(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2019
E no get destination nii

Abi why the driver wicked so?
Re: UK Man Wakes Up To N160,000 Uber Bill After Falling Asleep In Back Seat by beresponsible(m): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
His UK village people thought about him today

Re: UK Man Wakes Up To N160,000 Uber Bill After Falling Asleep In Back Seat by thesicilian: 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
The driver was probably just driving him around trying to increase the metre reading.
Re: UK Man Wakes Up To N160,000 Uber Bill After Falling Asleep In Back Seat by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Kwamecron:
E no get destination nii

Abi why the driver wicked so?

Many routes would def lead to the destination, na to dey carry am round about like 3 hours or 4. I'm sure his card dey linked.
Re: UK Man Wakes Up To N160,000 Uber Bill After Falling Asleep In Back Seat by hisgrace090: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2019
What a quick way of making a drunk man regain consciousness by seeing his bill and destination at last.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Find Where To Buy This Battery In Nigeria Asap / Another Building Under Fire At Balogun Market In Lagos Island (video) / Have You Ever Been Banned On Nairaland?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.