Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

Shelter From The Storm - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shelter From The Storm (639 Views)

Muslims Storm Emir's Palace As Bishop Sam Zuga Preaches At The Palace In Lafia(p / Edo Lord's Chosen Members Storm The Roads For Their Publicity In Benin. Photos / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shelter From The Storm by VLadipo: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2019
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 30–31 Philippians 4

When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
Exodus 33:22

Today's Scripture & Insight: Exodus 33:12–23

As the story goes, in 1763, a young minister, traveling on a cliffside road in Somerset, England, ducked into a cave to escape the flashes of lightning and pounding rain. As he looked out at Cheddar Gorge, he pondered the gift of finding shelter and peace in God. Waiting there, he began to write a hymn, “Rock of Ages,” with its memorable opening lines: “Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee.”

We don’t know if Augustus Toplady thought about Moses’s experience in the cleft of a rock while writing the hymn (Exodus 33:22), but perhaps he did. The Exodus account tells of Moses seeking God’s reassurance and God’s response. Read the rest here: http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/index.php#ourdailybread

(1) (Reply)

Yahusha / Pastor Impregnates Housewife, Kills Husband To Cover Track / The Wonders Of The Anointing Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.