Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,524 members, 7,895,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

Yul Edochie Speaks On “Sex For Roles” In Nollywood - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yul Edochie Speaks On “Sex For Roles” In Nollywood (19309 Views)

'Peter Obi' Nollywood Movie Trailer, With Yul Edochie Playing Peter Obi / Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles / Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Yul Edochie Speaks On “Sex For Roles” In Nollywood by Dizzyrascal(m): 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

The point is that sex for marks are easily provable as records exist that can be traced. from tests to exams, attendances, notes, textbooks etc there's bound to be an oversight from the lecturer somewhere. such don't exist for directors and roles unless the director is too careless and direct. You need to see the rot that goes on in universities even external moderators are not left out as almost all are too lazy to do their jobs.

A director isn't sleeping with incompetent actresses for roles. he's sleeping with a competent actress to get her the role over 10s or 100s of other "competent actresses" who are just as deserving on abilities alone
what I am actually referring to is the moral ramifications of actions and not irrelevancies. The question is, if everybody is so competent in acting, why sleep with one to give her the role. Why not create a jury of say 4 or 5 individuals to decide. Beauty pageants are very similar in the sense that a lot of the women are actually beautiful, to decide the winner becomes difficult, but because there is a jury, votes are cast and a contestant then emerges fair and square. Why are the jury members not angling to sleep with one contestant or the other. I am beginning to think that maybe you are a movie director. Society can only work if things are done properly.

All this idea of sex for roles, sex for grades, sex for jobs, sex for favour can only lead to mediocrity. It must stop. This is why Nigeria as a country is where it is today.....
Re: Yul Edochie Speaks On “Sex For Roles” In Nollywood by correctyourself(m): 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sex after hang-out, how many people are guilty of this?
Re: Yul Edochie Speaks On “Sex For Roles” In Nollywood by tck2000(m): 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2019
oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omashola (Sholzy) Evicted From The Big Brother All Stars House / X-Factor Auditions (Port-Hacourt/Abuja) - Photos / BBTitans: My Father Labeled Me A Mistake, He Never Believed In Me — Nana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.