Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,825 members, 7,972,956 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 11:37 PM

Yoruba And Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba And Igbo (2405 Views)

Here Is The Man That Caused Disunity Among Yoruba And Igbo People / Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. / Nnamdi Kanu Quote About Yoruba And Igbo Today That Got Many Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by MetaPhysical: 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
LZAA:

You just want Adaibeku abi grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii

grin grin grin

I only find dark skinned women attractive. Adaibeku is not dark....but she loves to patorank herself. grin
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2019
LZAA:

Meccuno is nairalander of the day
Gbam
I pointed out what Sanusi said in his article on "Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria" that the Northerners and the SW people have taken their pound of flesh from the Igbos that for Bello that was killed thousands of innocent Igbos paid the supreme price and for Akintola that was killed, thousands of Igbos died. That even with that they are still subjucated till today. That this was the same thing that happened in the second world war with German when they were taunted by the west and they had to fight a war and they were respected. A new breed of Igbos are emerging that did not know what happened in 67. But are willing to fight theirs. I might not have gotten verbatim what Sanusi said but this is what I understood. Most people abuse Nnamdi kanu but many don't know that his peaceful agitating is not even appreciated by most of his followers. I pray we don't engage in another needless conflict but check the indices now? What is different ? This was how the Serbs started their domination of Yugoslavia and today we know how many countries we can get from them. The painful aspect is when the SE is continually told of how they all would be killed again and made like Suya if they choose to repeat the same thing. What they don't understand is how long can you terrorise a people before they react?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by MetaPhysical: 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2019
LZAA:

Meccuno is nairalander of the day
Gbam

No make hin head swell abeg.
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

No make hin head swell abeg.
a 100 0 shall fall by my side and 10000 by my right side. It shall not befall me. Only with thine eyes shall we behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by GMbuharii: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
MetalPhysical:

He is very smart guy but when his snuff runs out he can be very temperamental...and obnoxious!

I tell you...oya meccuno,what say ye?
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Bigflamie(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
nabiz:
you are close to the truth. To add to what you have said, the problem between Igbos and Yoruba is based on what our father told us. Most of the Igbos and Yoruba who preach hatred are mostly those that have not traveled out to other region and still believe in what their father told them.

I was once like them. My judgment on Yoruba were base on what people told me about them and not really on what they did to me personally . I remember learning a skill in the mixed of Yorubas. Their language alone irritates me. I always feel insecure whenever they are speaking their language because I always think they are discussing me and this was based on what people told me about them.

The truth be told, yorubas are wonderful people. My little years of dealing with them proof to me that my parants where wrong, though we have bad eggs in every region. I can not forget Mr Yusuf of National automatic council, Abuja where i did my I.T., I can not forget Engineer Femi Akinde. I can not forget Mr. Jimmy Akinwmi and many Other.

The Yorubas and Igbos are just like 2 jealous woman married to one man(housas) who instead of pleasing themselves as a fellow woman try to please the husband. Before you crusify me I want to give you assignment.

The assignment is this
Just breathe in, relax, take a pen and piece of paper, write down how a Yoruba man or Igbo man have offended you personally and not what someone told you. Believe me if you try this you may not fine any. Why are we hating each Other? Why can we come together to fight our common enemy......

Total rubbish
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
nabiz:
you are close to the truth. To add to what you have said, the problem between Igbos and Yoruba is based on what our father told us. Most of the Igbos and Yoruba who preach hatred are mostly those that have not traveled out to other region and still believe in what their father told them.

Wetin your father told you please??

I know lie when I see one...and any nonsense exaggeration I always counter it.

I can remember the old having time for far takes instead of their surrounding..

Highest they can say is Ifele melu, Ife mekwaa. and it has been long that we can't remember nwa m.

So tell us what your papa told you?
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
Bigflamie:

Total rubbish

Total rubbish is an understatement.....

High Smoked rubbish....
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Unbiased1: 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
nabiz:

I was once like them. My judgment on Yoruba were base on what people told me about them and not really on what they did to me personally . I remember learning a skill in the mixed of Yorubas. Their language alone irritates me. I always feel insecure whenever they are speaking their language because I always think they are discussing me and this was based on what people told me about them.

The truth be told, yorubas are wonderful people. My little years of dealing with them proof to me that my parants where wrong, though we have bad eggs in every region. I can not forget Mr Yusuf of National automatic council, Abuja where i did my I.T., I can not forget Engineer Femi Akinde. I can not forget Mr. Jimmy Akinwmi and many Other.

The Yorubas and Igbos are just like 2 jealous woman married to one man(housas) who instead of pleasing themselves as a fellow woman try to please the husband. Before you crusify me I want to give you assignment.

The assignment is this
Just breathe in, relax, take a pen and piece of paper, write down how a Yoruba man or Igbo man have offended you personally and not what someone told you. Believe me if you try this you may not fine any. Why are we hating each Other? Why can we come together to fight our common enemy......
[s]
nabiz:

The assignment is this
[/s]
nabiz:

The assignment is this
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by anonimi: 3:04am On Oct 09, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I want Ibos here in Nairaland to know that there is a very bad blood and tension between us and it's not because of anything historically that we have done to bring this about. We are both victims of mis-fitting in a political space. The disharmony results from political power struggles in a political landscape hewned together by a foreigner.

That the Yorubas migrated from the East/Igbos is generally agreed by historians. Ask the Oonirisa and linguists who have worked on the subject.
While you have evidence of human settlement in Igbo land dating 4,000 to 3,000 years ago, you hardly have anything beyond 1,000 years in Yoruba land.
It is a pity that the two brother ethnic nationalities allow the ego of their leaders and their selfish greed tear them apart making it easy for the minority Foolanis (who are the latest tribe to enter Naijeriya) to rule and ruin us all. If there is no crack in the wall, a lizard cannot enter. Word!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by MetaPhysical: 5:10am On Oct 09, 2019
anonimi:

That the Yorubas migrated from the East/Igbos is generally agreed by historians. Ask the Oonirisa and linguists who have worked on the subject.
While you have evidence of human settlement in Igbo land dating 4,000 to 3,000 years ago, you hardly have anything beyond 1,000 years in Yoruba land.
It is a pity that the two brother ethnic nationalities allow the ego of their leaders and their selfish greed tear them apart making it easy for the minority Foolanis (who are the latest tribe to enter Naijeriya) to rule and ruin us all. If there is no crack in the wall, a lizard cannot enter. Word!

Stop inhaling expired snuff.

Lzaa abeg show the guy where to get quality snuff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by Adaibeku(f): 7:20am On Oct 09, 2019
LZAA:

You just want Adaibeku abi grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii
Anuohia ka obu

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by meccuno: 8:58am On Oct 09, 2019
GMbuharii:

I tell you...oya meccuno,what say ye?
blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by IamAtikulate: 9:05am On Oct 09, 2019
muykem:
Igbo and Yoruba doesn't have problems. We only have different political ideology and different ways in approaching issues. Igbo are emotional and can't compromise their standing on issues, they tend to go on extreme to avoid being tag as coward. Yoruba are not rigid on issues, they are flexible and ready to compromise for the benefit of their people.
Fixed
Re: Yoruba And Igbo by IamAtikulate: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2019
nabiz:

The assignment is this
You and who is married to Hausa? Stop displaying gross stoooopidity

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by LZAA: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by anonimi: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
MetaPhysical:

have you been snuffing history and knowledge, because that is the quality stuff that you need.
Stop showing ignorance when you can educate yourself.
Thank me later. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4110070_images64_jpeg4a52841c710b71a7701099ad1c35f02e

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Igbo by JonDon12: 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I want Ibos here in Nairaland to know that there is a very bad blood and tension between us and it's not because of anything historically that we have done to bring this about. We are both victims of mis-fitting in a political space. The disharmony results from political power struggles in a political landscape hewned together by a foreigner.

Nonetheless, it is worth appreciating that thension is very managable through outlets such as Nairaland. What ordinarily would have erupted into fracas on streets is dissipated as heat and venom on internet.

I do not believe a Yoruba would fail to act and rescue an Ibo in a distress situation. Neither do I think if a Yoruba was struggling for life an Ibo nearby will refuse to act. Above and beyond the tension that tear us apart our humanity recognizes and responds to the inner emotions to preserve and nourish life.

I love my Ibo brothers and sisters....but we no go see eye to eye from now until Nigeria is finished and everybody go hin way. grin

Ditto. Feel the same way. Love even my hausa and the Fulani too especially the women.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakakar Reacts To America Travel Restrictions On Nigeria / JUST IN: Manager Of Demolished Hotel In Rivers State Gets Convicted / What Is Nnamdi Kanu Current Occupation?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.