Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,368 members, 7,971,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:34 AM

Judge Tammy Kemp: 'I Could Not Refuse' Ex-dallas Cop Amber Guyger A Hug After - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Judge Tammy Kemp: 'I Could Not Refuse' Ex-dallas Cop Amber Guyger A Hug After (291 Views)

Akunna Mirabel Okoh, Nigerian Arrested For Domestic Violence In Dallas / Cocaine: Tammy Olaiya Pleads Guilty To Drug Trafficking And Bank Fraud / Amber Karaoke & Lounge Nightclub Calabar Owner Accused Of Burying 2 Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Judge Tammy Kemp: 'I Could Not Refuse' Ex-dallas Cop Amber Guyger A Hug After by ogbongenews1: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
Judge Tammy Kemp: 'I could not refuse' ex-Dallas cop Amber Guyger a hug after sentencing

The judge who hugged an ex-Dallas police officer after she was sentenced to prison for killing her neighbor said Monday the embrace was appropriate.
Judge Tammy Kemp also defended giving Amber Guyger a Bible because the trial had ended and the former officer told her she didn't know how to begin seeking God's forgiveness.
“Following my own convictions, I could not refuse that woman a hug. I would not,” said Kemp, who is black. “And I don’t understand the anger. And I guess I could say if you profess religious beliefs and you are going to follow them, I would hope that they not be situational and limited to one race only.”
Kemp walked over to Guyger shortly after Brandt Jean hugged and forgave her for fatally shooting his brother, Botham Jean, in his own apartment. The jury sentenced Guyger, who testified that she mistook Jean's apartment for her own and thought he was an intruder, to 10 years in prison last week.
How many years will Amber Guyger serve?:......continue reading: https://ogbongenews9ja..com/2019/10/judge-tammy-kemp-i-could-not-refuse-ex.html

(1) (Reply)

A Peek Into The Dark World Of Child Trafficking Betweenbbenin And Nigeria / Court Remands Teenager For Allegedly Raping Neighbours 50-year-old Mother / N20 Million 'gift' Tears Niger Delta Youths Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.