Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,190 members, 7,887,448 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:02 AM

Messi Admits For The First Time He Wanted To QUIT Barca Over His £2.95m Tax Row - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Admits For The First Time He Wanted To QUIT Barca Over His £2.95m Tax Row (407 Views)

Messi Admits CR7 Is Better Than Him / Ronaldinho Set To Marry His 2 Girlfriends At The Same Time. Photos / Floyd Mayweather Spends ₦9m On Oil Change Each Time He Services His Bugatti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Admits For The First Time He Wanted To QUIT Barca Over His £2.95m Tax Row by queenonyebiri1(f): 9:43am On Oct 09, 2019
Lionel Messi has spectacularly revealed that he wanted to QUIT Barcelona during his £2.95million (N1billion) tax row with the Spanish government - and it was only a lack of offers from elsewhere that kept him at the club.

Messi has played for Barca for his entire professional career, and has often spoken about his desire to be a one-club man, but it could have all been very different had an offer come about in the summer of 2017.

Speaking in an interview with RAC1, the Argentine said:

At that time, with the mess of the treasury, I wanted to leave, not for wanting to leave Barca but wanting to leave Spain.

I felt that I was being very mistreated and I didn't want to stay here. I never had an official offer because because everyone knew my idea to stay here.

When pushed further on his tax fraud case, which ended with him having to pay a £223,000 (N98.6million) fine, he added:

It was very difficult for me and my family because people don't know much about what's going on.

The truth is that it was hard for everything that happened but it is better that my children were small and did not know.

See the video: https://www.queensmail.com/2019/10/video-messi-admits-for-first-time-that.html

Source: [url]QUEENSMAIL.COM[/url]

Re: Messi Admits For The First Time He Wanted To QUIT Barca Over His £2.95m Tax Row by IamCeazer(m): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2019
Dats a big lie.. Yu wanted 2 quit Barca cus d board were not ready 2 clear ur tax debt, Yu were angry cus u tort dey wanted 2 frame yu. Useless goat
Re: Messi Admits For The First Time He Wanted To QUIT Barca Over His £2.95m Tax Row by SEGLIZ: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2019
IamCeazer:
Dats a big lie..
Yu wanted 2 quit Barca cus d board were not ready 2 clear ur tax debt,
Yu were angry cus u tort dey wanted 2 frame yu. Useless goat

why now?
the guy offend you before?
Re: Messi Admits For The First Time He Wanted To QUIT Barca Over His £2.95m Tax Row by yungsmart(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2019
IamCeazer:
Dats a big lie..
Yu wanted 2 quit Barca cus d board were not ready 2 clear ur tax debt,
Yu were angry cus u tort dey wanted 2 frame yu. Useless goat
Re: Messi Admits For The First Time He Wanted To QUIT Barca Over His £2.95m Tax Row by Numerouno94(m): 11:57am On Oct 09, 2019
IamCeazer:
Dats a big lie.. Yu wanted 2 quit Barca cus d board were not ready 2 clear ur tax debt, Yu were angry cus u tort dey wanted 2 frame yu. Useless goat
Dude go get a life.i knw ppl lyk u.JOBLESS.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Are Pretenders And Not Contenders And Four Other Things We Learnt / Man Utd And Tottenham 'in Talks' Over £50m Boubakary Soumare January Transfer / Happy Birthday, Jose Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.