Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,327 members, 7,881,224 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:40 PM

No Apology For Appointing My Daughter As Aide – Gov. Okowa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Apology For Appointing My Daughter As Aide – Gov. Okowa (360 Views)

Governor Yahaya Bello Appoints Anthony Edogbo As Aide / Akeredolu Appoints 26-year-old Ngozi Ugochi-Igbo Make-up As Aide Causing Uproar / Atiku Went To US As Aide To Saraki - Lauretta Onochie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Apology For Appointing My Daughter As Aide – Gov. Okowa by Hibiscus50: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2019
@ StateReporter News

The Governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Okowa has said that he has no apologies for appointing one of his daughters as an aide.

Okowa, who spoke at a media quarterly briefing in Asaba, the State capital on Tuesday, said his daughter was eminently qualified for the position.

He said the PDP will continue to work towards achieving a situation that keeps the people United, realizing that working together makes the party stronger.

According to him, “It is not true that I have two of my daughters appointed. I have only one appointed and she is rightfully qualified.

“I do not have any daughter in social media. The one appointed for girl child education is rightfully qualified.

“I do not have any apologies for that because I know the quality of the daughter that I have.”

Okowa also said the choice of who becomes the next governor of Delta State in 2023 will be determined by God.

“I am not God. I don’t make a Governor. Nobody makes a governor. It is only God that can make one.

“The important thing is we want to ensure there are unity and equity and we will continue to work towards achieving a situation that keeps us United as Deltans realizing that working together makes us stronger as a people,” he said

Source : StateReporter News
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/10/09/no-apology-appointing-daughter-aide-gov-okowa/

Re: No Apology For Appointing My Daughter As Aide – Gov. Okowa by donbachi(m): 11:06am On Oct 09, 2019
Nwanne rochas
Re: No Apology For Appointing My Daughter As Aide – Gov. Okowa by Aonkuuse(m): 11:08am On Oct 09, 2019
That is all right, one thing I know about Nigerian politics is when the electorate vote you into power, suddenly one becomes more Powerful than the electorates and he feels their criticisms don't matter anyway.
Re: No Apology For Appointing My Daughter As Aide – Gov. Okowa by NwaAmaikpe: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2019
shocked

A wrong and partial decision from a Governor who is also a father. How come it is only one of his daughters that is eminently qualified?
I hope his other children will not feel disgruntled.

In the spirit of fairness, he should hire all his kids and those of his siblings. Plus his in-laws too.

Afterall Ukpabi Asika adviced that onye ube ya ruru, ya racha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Apology For Appointing My Daughter As Aide – Gov. Okowa by adekolaelect(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2019
These people can't be trusted with power .they can do anything ,anyhow once it is for their own personal selfish interest.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Abbo’s intimacy gadget Shop Assault Case Takes New Trend As Police Produce More / Bread Vendor Appointed SSA To Zamfara State Governor (Photos) / Bishop Abraham Chris Udeh Passes Prophetic Utterances For Biafra Restoration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.