Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,216 members, 7,910,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:35 AM

'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos (1183 Views)

Five Bad Habits You Should Avoid When Driving Automatic Vehicles / Obey Traffic Law! Use Car Bluetooth Mirror to Make/Receive Cal When Driving / Fix Now Available For Audi 01j Cvt Gearbox.fix For Gerking When Driving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos by tEsLim(m): 10:04pm On May 19, 2007
Park! Inner-light!

What can we do about all these road blocks, bribes and baseless arrests?

What does the police have to do with if my fuel guage works or not?

Nigerians have forgotten what search warrants are!

What was the last excuses you gave not to part with your N20/ 100.

*Oga police i just buy fuel wit all my money?
Re: 'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos by teddyface(m): 11:52pm On May 19, 2007
since all my paper are always correct i always tell tem i dont give police money.
Re: 'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos by Ovamboland(m): 11:28am On May 23, 2008
Most Nigerian motorist are not aware of what documents they need to have while driving neither are we aware of the limits of police power on the highway.

The way some of them force open your door and jump into your car is a case in point or 'stop and search' for no justifiable reason.

The authorities are not helping either by shrouding the entire thing in mystery.

I propose we establish a traffic rights advocacy group to champion the legal rights of motorist, educate them and seek to regulate the conduct the traffic officers on the highway
Re: 'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos by shawn1104(m): 12:40pm On May 23, 2008
I agree with Ovamboland on the establishment of a traffic rights advocacy group to champion the legal rights of motorist, educate them and seek to regulate the conduct the traffic officers on the highway.
I have been in Abuja for some months now and i noticed that Police hardly harass motorists as compared to Lagos.
Something must be done asap.
Re: 'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos by viperman: 1:25pm On May 23, 2008
It's a terrible thing i tell you all. I hear stories about these things and the day i encountered them at national stadium bridge in the evening and they asked me for my cars customs paper i just asked them two questions and they embarrassingly let me go, laughing foolishly and asking for 'Oga find us something naw'.
You just know your right, but also be careful especially at night checkpoints at lonely areas. As some of them are not really policemen.
Re: 'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos by BonnyFace: 1:27pm On May 23, 2008
HELLO.
could you just please help us by telling us the exact particularts.
Because, the police seems to asking some ridiculous papers, i.e. purchase receipt.
In short, what are the papers that should be carried by drivers.
Regards.
Re: 'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos by Ovamboland(m): 1:36pm On May 23, 2008
A few months back i read an interview of Lagos Police PRO I think Chris Mba is his name, he mentioned 3 documents a police man can legally demand for:

1. Drivers Licence
2. Vehicle Licence
3 Insurance certificate

Outside those three items, the boundary would have been crossed. And they can only start checking your engine/chasis number if they have in possession a petition indicating a car looking like yours may be missing.

But it is still mere talk, the polce is yet to come out with a written document, widely circulated to give effect to the PPRO's statement
Re: 'police' The Major Frustrating, When Driving In Lagos by BonnyFace: 2:09pm On May 23, 2008
It would be better if we could compel the Police PRO to state these items in black and white.
And also on national television.
A case where police officer starts asking you for receipt of purchase, police clearance, hackney permit and road worthiness (these are suppose to be for commercial only) not to talk of forms A, B, C and D etc should not be accepted.

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean Ford F150 Up 4 Grabs / 4 Runner For Sale In Ajah / SOLD!SOLD!SOLD! 2001 Chrysler Pt Cruiser @ N1.650m @ Banix Autos 07044024051

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.