Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,332 members, 7,974,418 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:11 AM

Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals (554 Views)

Japan Monkeys: Member Of Gang Terrorising Locals Caught And Killed / 2 Starving Afghan Boys Tied To A Wood By The Taliban For Stealing Bread (Pix) / Jorge Luis Escandón Hernández: Mexican Mayor Tied To Truck, Dragged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals by CHARLOE(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
A Mexico mayor has been tied to a truck and dragged along the streets by angry villagers who were protesting unfulfilled campaign promises.
Jorge Luis Escandon Hernandez, the mayor of Las Margaritas in the state of Chiapas, was taken by a mob of residents from his office.
The residents were compelled on Tuesday to carry out the attack after storming the mayor's office and demanding he fulfill his promises to the community, according to El Heraldo de Mexico.
He was forcibly removed from his office and tied to a pick-up truck.
Footage captured later by a CCTV showed him being dragged along, tied with a rope around his hands to the back of the truck through the streets of Santa Rita, which forms part of Las Margaritas
It took dozens of municipal police officers to stop the vehicle and rescue the mayor. Several people were injured in scuffles between the police and those who had abducted the mayor.
http://news-af.op-mobile.opera.com/news/detail/d6ab97214db9ef84f749b0d72a77a75d?country=ke&language=en&share=1&client=

Re: Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals by CHARLOE(m): 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
Can this ever happen in Nigeria?
Re: Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals by Carmit(m): 12:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
Some people will say 'THIS IS GOOD'

Just so you know this is BARBARIC!
Re: Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals by Should: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
Carmit:
Some people will say 'THIS IS GOOD'

Just so you know this is BARBARIC!
What is more barbaric, is him not fulfilling his promises..
What happened to resignation?
If he isn't treated that way, his successor would do worse..
I guess they're not into the SufferingAndSmilling thingy as Nigerians...
Re: Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals by Carmit(m): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
Should:
What is more barbaric, is him not fulfilling his promises..
What happened to resignation?
If he isn't treated that way, his successor would do worse..
I guess they're not into the SufferingAndSmilling thingy as Nigerians...

Looool...mad ooo grin

Mr stalker...you should listen to yourself... Did I praise him undecided ??
Wow....just wow
Re: Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals by Should: 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
Carmit:

Looool...mad ooo grin

Mr stalker
......you should listen to yourself... Did I praise him undecided ??
Wow....just wow
am I ? @bolded
Btw, i never said you praised him..
Just that you sounded sympathetic!

Re: Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals by Carmit(m): 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
Should:
am I ? @bolded
Btw, i never said you praised him..
Just that you sounded sympathetic!

The 'suffering and Smiling' part though..

How was I sympathetic?... Human life shouldn't be cheap..that's all I'm saying
Re: Mexico Mayor Tied To Car And Dragged Along By Angry Locals by Should: 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
Carmit:

The 'suffering and Smiling' part though..

How was I sympathetic?... Human life shouldn't be cheap..that's all I'm saying
yes, politicians are humans too, but they don't deserve pity ,and if you eventually do, they'll undermine it and graciously go the Nigerian way...

If we Nigerians were harsh on em politicians, they'd not be this STUPID as they're now!...

What's up with the "SUFFERING & SMILING" stuff?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Better Than China / Brazilian President, Bolsonaro Threatens To Pull Brazil From WHO / See What Will Happen If Trump Refuses To Vacate Office.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.