Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,667 members, 7,892,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:54 PM

Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 (521 Views)

Bose Ogulu: Burna Boy’s Mother Organised A 29th Birthday Surprise For Him / Fela Lying On Top Of Bose Ogulu, Burna Boy's Mother On Stage (Throwback Photo) / Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 by dayo229: 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
Nigerian musician and activist, Charly Boy has announced the death of his mother, Margaret Ntianu Oputa. She died on Tuesday, october 8th at the age of 101.

According to Charly Boy, 'I wish to announce the death of our Mother Mrs Margaret Ntianu Oputa nee Onumonu which occurred Tuesday the 8th of October, 2019'.

He went on to pen an emotional tribute in her honour.

Read Below...
My dearest Mother, You couldn’t just wait for me to come back before you sneaked away to the great beyond. Now all I have are beautiful loving Kodak memories of our times together.

You tried for me, for us and many of the people who were privileged to encounter your kindness and your love.

Thank you for allowing me take care of you. Thank you for being That Great Woman who gave birth to The Icon, CharlyBoy.

Thank you for teaching me how to care, to love, to live a simple and humble Life.

Thank you for constantly reminding of my pedigree and my very Rich Heritage.

I wish you would have waited just one more day, but I guess you didn’t want me to see you go, because as usual I would have talked you out of it, I know we both hate goodbyes.

Greet Papa when you see him, tell him I have been holding forth. Gallant as ever.

Love you my Darling Mother.
RIP.

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2019/10/charly-boys-mother-margaret-oputa-dies.html

Re: Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 by georgio(m): 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mama may your soul rest in peace...Amen
Re: Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 by NwaAmaikpe: 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2019
shocked

Farewell ma.
She must have been very heartbroken and ashamed of her son.

Imagine having endless prayers that your son outgrows his foolishness only to watch him age and become a grandfather with the same foolishness that was your only prayer point for him.

I hope Charly Boy will use some of the 'Our Mumu Don do' payoff money he received at the Unity Fountain to throw her a befitting burial.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 by GOFRONT(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
Chaiii...
And God gave her enough year on earth so she can Right the wrongs that have ravaged her Lesbian grand daughters......But she has refused to imbibe that decency culture in her granddaughter throughout her 101 years on Earth surface......

And now she is gone!!!

How is she going to tell God that she has a Lesbian Grand daughter??
Re: Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 by majamajic(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
mama still rocking designers glasses at 100
may her soul rest in peace
Re: Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 by Jmk9292(m): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
She enjoyed longevity.....
Condolences to the bereaved.
Re: Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 by tillaman(m): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
RIP to mama Oputa!! We hope you find rest!! 101 she must have seen it all

We celebrate your life
Re: Charly Boy's Mother, Margaret Oputa Dies At The Age Of 101 by Kalashnikov102(m): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
Rest on mama..wee celebrate you here.

(1) (Reply)

"Vector Is Disrespectful" - Seun Kuti Says As He Listens To #judastherat / The Headies 2019 [Awards & Winners] / Let Instagram Delete My Account If I Block You - Tonto Dikeh Assures Bobrisky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.