Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,975 members, 7,942,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships (1215 Views)

Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? / My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please / Are Nigerian Man Possessive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships by MrsEve: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2010
So Seun,

Possessive basically is ownership or sense of entitlement, do you think a man have ownership over his wife or girlfriend?

What your definition of possessiveness and entitlement? Do you think Married or Engaged couples have entitlement over each other? What is the boundaries that couples should have with each other in term of entitlement?
Re: Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships by Seun(m): 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2010
Possessiveness means you don't want to share.

1 Like

Re: Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships by mediatrix8(f): 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2010
From the moment you say " i do" to each other,signifying possessions- that you belong to each other.Being possessive is a "negative"  attitude at the times -which often define as "selfishness".Hence,husband and wife/gf/bf ,in love they belong to each other so they are entitled or responsible to each other but it doesn't mean ownership wink wink wink, that's my own point of view smiley

1 Like

Re: Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships by Yorisb: 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2010
Posses me for what when there's lot to share? undecided
Re: Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships by Rhymez(m): 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2010
@mediatrix. Like your comment but that doesnt chang the fact that men are polygamous in nature. grin
Re: Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships by CrazyMan(m): 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2010
So is this thread strictly for Seun only or are other members welcomed? undecided
Re: Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships by iice(f): 9:30am On Nov 07, 2010
Possessiveness is just ughhh. It has a hint of controlling. Can lead down a very dark path.
Entitlement, i see more as something of a standard. You're married, you're both entitled to be responsible for you family and work together as a unit.
You're dating, you're both entitled to make something real out the relationship
You have an open relationship, you're both entitled to date whoever
All according to conscious and willing agreement between partners.
Re: Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships by mediatrix8(f): 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2010
Rhymez:

@mediatrix. Like your comment but that doesnt chang the fact that men are polygamous in nature. grin

Yes,I agree with you.Men are polygamous by nature! cheesy cheesy cheesy but in fairness to some who can't afford to have"other" relationships,they prefer to be a "one- woman man" because they have no other choice and source" kiss
Re: Possessive Versus Entitlement In Relationships by Rhymez(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2010
^one-woman men lack opportunities or can I say they have no choice. grin

(1) (Reply)

Is This Spiritual Conjeal? / What Evil Hot Brothers Did To Sister's. So Damn Evil / 10 Signs She Is The One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.