Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,109 members, 7,910,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 05:15 PM

Share Your Customer Service Experiences - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Customer Service Experiences (260 Views)

Who Is Your Customer? [What Every Entrepreneur Need To Know] / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. / How To Make Your Customer Buy You Before They Buy Your Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Customer Service Experiences by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
This week marks the celebration of Customer Service Week, internationally .

As expected, the Nigerian and International social media have been agog with activities marking the week.

With this thread , I join in the celebration by sharing my experience with Fidelity Bank.

I hope to read your customer service experiences too.
Re: Share Your Customer Service Experiences by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
I once had to apply for a Card when I forgot my wallet in a bus.

So I approached one of the Fidelity Bank branches in Ajah.
I got there and they said their card machine was bad.

Na so I waka go complex - where wahala was waiting for me.
Got to their branch at Ikota Complex and had to wait almost forever to speak with the Customer Service Personnel.

I did the paper works and it turned ugly pretty quick.
The lady behind the computer claimed what I signed is different from what they have on their system.

I was asked to retry.

I did.

Once, twice, again and again ; but it didn't match.

I asked to see the signature so I can attempt to sign it since all I've signed is not the real thing , lai lai o, they disagreed.

"Okay, can you ask me questions about the account... my security questions, email, phone number, opening branch , mother's maiden name
, balance, last transactions and all that info you request before we open accounts" , I queried.
They listened but they were not having any of it.

I change am o.

The 7k I had in that account - then - was my last in the bank, house and anywhere you can think of , save for the #710 in my pocket.
I know say if I commot there without money, na to begin stand near ATM and Bus stops whispering 'brother, excuse me ' remain.
So, I braved the rage and brought the Bank to a halt, momentarily.

Manager ball out o, I thought she wanted to be reasonable not knowing she was worse than the people at the desk.

She was saying bunkum about criminals trying to access other peoples account and how they can't help me if I can't sign accurately.

I asked to close the account and they said I must go to the opening branch.
You know where Benin dey?
Benin suddenly looked like it bordered Kazakhstan that moment.

I no know when my hand hit table twice and A4 papers flying this way, pen the other way and loads of stationery hurtling to the ground made an epic film moment of the whole exchange.
Na so security show o, and I stormed out.
Then, it was already past 3.30pm.

My mind told me to go try another branch and I went off to Lekki. The Admiralty Way branch.
I experienced Heaven here.

When I got there, it was already past 4pm ( Most Banks' closing hour).
I met two security men who I explained my plight to and luckily, they allowed me in.

In less than few minutes, I was sitting with an angelic Customer Care Lady that seemed to be stationed there to attend to me alone.

I explained the complications with my signature, my experience at the other branches, the reason why I'm requesting for another card and in less than 20mn, I walked out of the branch with a new card.

I made withdrawals from their ATM and for a moment, I forgot all that I had been through that day.

To the Security Men and that humane customer care rep I say Happy Customer Service Week.

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Ideas For Small Business / Ecommerce Business For Sale: Ready To Sell Products + 3 Websites / 10 Ways To Monetize Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.