Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,965 members, 7,873,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG (10693 Views)

Tinubu Asks Security Agencies To Caution Obi Over Inciting Comments / Obi, Datti Will Be Punished For Hate Speech If Tinubu Wins - Femi Fani-Kayode / 'Someone Trying To Frame Me' - Man Whose Picture Was Used For Hate Speech Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by manontree: 5:00am On Oct 12, 2019
An attack on free press and speech is an attack on our fundamental values. Decree 101 is well and truly resurrected. They know by doing this the broadcasting outfits would toe their lines and cow to their whims

Well government is transient and they won't be there forever. After using baboon and co comments to gain power, they suddenly realise what they invented and perfected is painful.

History would judge these bunch unkindky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by nauto6: 5:42am On Oct 12, 2019
cool cool cool

i see
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Mich3765: 6:40am On Oct 12, 2019
Sure fix games
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Calito1(m): 7:00am On Oct 12, 2019
ManirBK:
Let Build more prisons and expand the existing ones to accommodate the majority who cannot afford the N5m penalty!
God punish your generation
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Calito1(m): 7:02am On Oct 12, 2019
ManirBK:
A right step in the right direction most of these FM stations do not respect the Broadcasting ethics.
Please let expand the penalty to bloggers and other social media handlers!
It shall not be well with you & other members of your family
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Asifiwe(m): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2019
Nigerians are finally now certified conquered People. the attempt to shut opposing views is draconian and fascist.
How is Buhari different from Idi Amin Dada and Museveni and all other tyrants in the world
You dare not say the Government is not performing WHEN IT IS OBVIOUS, it will be classified as Hate speech

There is no better time to Kick this wicked government out of town
Later they will shut down the Internet
The Beginning of Sorrow under Buhari
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Southsoul: 7:45am On Oct 12, 2019
ManirBK:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/broadcast-stations-to-pay-n5m-fine-for-hate-speech-inciting-comments.html?

I actually was to comment but I lost my comments....
government of jokers,by jokers & for jokers...
Apshit is an affliction that needs cure as soon as possible... Because Nigerians as the dying patients needs emergency help that even NEMA can't offer....
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by DedeNkem: 8:00am On Oct 12, 2019
This crooked incompetent government is hell-bent on limiting freedom of speech by all means! This is what dictators do!
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Talkingoil(m): 8:01am On Oct 12, 2019
datola:
What about the 'hate speech' you Mr Lai Muhammed and co papeteated against the last government of Good Luck Jonathan.

I really wish Jonathan dealt with this guy's, look at them coming out to form pro-active in govt
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Talkingoil(m): 8:07am On Oct 12, 2019
PrickGetShoulder:
You can drop your hateful comments and finish it with love. Eg;
This government has been silly with their laws.
They disobey court orders and the President is a tribal bigot.

I say the above with love. cheesy

Or this government is the most directionless and irresponsible ever in the history of Nigeria from the head in the cabinet to the least, but I believe they're getting better daily.

Call for your loans without collateral
For port Harcourt residents only
0705 734 4852
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 12, 2019
ManirBK:
A right step in the right direction most of these FM stations do not respect the Broadcasting ethics.

And your village..
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Mrquote: 9:03am On Oct 12, 2019
ManirBK:
Any government shouldn't be afraid of criticism, because from that comes understand and that's what media help us to achieve. This government have a problem with that.
Re: Broadcast Stations To Pay N5m Fine For Hate Speech, Inciting Comments - FG by Lotechi(m): 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
In an attempt to stifle free speech. The highest punishment for hate speech( if there is any such thing), is to apologize. For me, free speech means free speech.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Lawan To Attend APC NEC, Thursday / Electricity Meters Upgrade Won’t Affect Credit Balance — FG / Osinbajo, Saraki, Dogara And APC Governors To Meet Today..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.