Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,869 members, 7,969,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:10 AM

Bournemouth Midfielder Billing: Iwobi Asked Me To Play For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bournemouth Midfielder Billing: Iwobi Asked Me To Play For Nigeria (1647 Views)

Messi Asked Me If He'll Score Goals Like Ronaldo In Italy - Boateng (Photo) / I Want Kalim & Nazim Amokachi, My Twin Sons To Play For Nigeria- Daniel Amokachi / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bournemouth Midfielder Billing: Iwobi Asked Me To Play For Nigeria by reportminds: 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing has revealed that Everton winger Alex Iwobi discussed the possibility of representing Nigeria at international level with him.

Billing is eligible to play for Nigeria through his father.

The 23-year-old is in line to make his international debut for Denmark at senior level in Saturday’s Euro 2020 qualifier against Switzerland, having represented the country of his birth at various youth levels.

Billing admitted that he had been flattered by interest in him.

“It wasn’t until when we (Cherries) were going to play against Everton a couple of weeks ago when Alex Iwobi asked if I might be interested in coming and playing for Nigeria,” Billing told Danish newspaper B.T.

“It’s a pat on the back that another country would like you to play for them. I just take that as a shrug and proof that you are doing well.”

He however stated the chances of turning out for Nigeria had always been slim.

“I am half Nigerian and I feel that way too but I was born and raised in Denmark. My mother is Danish and my sister is Danish, so it would feel strange to have to play for Nigeria.”

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/10/bournemouth-midfielder-billing-iwobi.html

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: Bournemouth Midfielder Billing: Iwobi Asked Me To Play For Nigeria by Mistermamus(m): 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2019
nawa be like say Nigerians really yakpa o
Re: Bournemouth Midfielder Billing: Iwobi Asked Me To Play For Nigeria by DIKEnaWAR: 3:07am On Oct 12, 2019
See what they did to Tammy Abraham. They brought him in the 88th minute despite Harry Kane and Declan Rice fumbling in the game. They brought him in to make him ineligible to play for Nigeria. Now that he is in great form, they won't let him shine far and above Harry Kane.

Learn from John Fashanu.

2 Likes

Re: Bournemouth Midfielder Billing: Iwobi Asked Me To Play For Nigeria by Solsix(m): 5:34am On Oct 12, 2019
Everybody is running away from Nigeria, iwobi is playing for Nigeria because he is average. If he is in form like Abraham when Nigeria approached him he will also opt for England
Re: Bournemouth Midfielder Billing: Iwobi Asked Me To Play For Nigeria by Chanchit: 7:14am On Oct 12, 2019
DIKEnaWAR:
See what they did to Tammy Abraham. They brought him in the 88th minute despite Harry Kane and Declan Rice fumbling in the game. They brought him in to make him ineligible to play for Nigeria. Now that he is in great form, they won't let him shine far and above Harry Kane.

Learn from John Fashanu.

Everybody's got their life to live. I'm sure there must be some underground deal going on, cos Tammy should know repping England won't end well. But I think they do that to cement their club career. He might just not make it to world cup, then he would watch Nigeria on TV same way he would watch England. I would have preferred Tomori play for us instead anyways and they are yet to use him . I'm sure they would give h his own three minutes in their next game.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oyibo People Are Just Dribbling Us In This Soccer Betting Prediction Game / "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. / Daniel Bryan Of WWE Acknowledged Nigerian Goal Machine Kelechi Iheanacho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.