Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,177 members, 7,973,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:09 PM

How I Sent Girl With Hole In Heart To India For Operation, Others - Barr. Ubani - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Sent Girl With Hole In Heart To India For Operation, Others - Barr. Ubani (178 Views)

Can A Tooth With A Large Hole Be Cured Without Extraction / Nigerians Raise N70m For Baby With Hole In His Heart In Less Than 48hrs (pics) / Nigerians Raise N10.2m For Baby With Hole In His Heart In Less Than 24hrs (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Sent Girl With Hole In Heart To India For Operation, Others - Barr. Ubani by Metrixnews: 9:15am On Oct 12, 2019
A philanthropist, Monday Onyekachi Ubani has narrated how he ventured into the world of touching lives and giving the less privileged in the society a reason to live.

In a recent interview with ABN TV, Barr. Ubani, the former vice chairman of Nigeria Bar Association, Ikeja branch said he was touched by the growing poverty in the society and the depleting standard of living a lot of families across the country face.

The founder, Onyekachi Ubani Foundation, a non governmental organization added that even though the organization has been existing for sometimes now, he legally registered it about two years ago as a platform to bring succour to people.

"My foundation in this Lagos, we have been able to raise money and bought food stuff and medicine, for people that has flood problem that happened sometime in Lagos and Ikorodu area was hit in a bad manner and people’s homes were devastated and they were now camped in somewhere in Ikorodu.

"I rallied round through my clients and callers on a particular radio station, we all contributed through my foundation, and we bought food stuff and medicine. That was the beginning of my philanthropy." he said.

The legal practitioner told ABN TV that since then, the urge to touch the lives of those around him his continually increased.

"There was DANA crash, we concentrated on those who were on ground and not those who were in the plane. There were those whose houses were affected somewhere in Lagos here, we contributed over 1.5million which some of them were given money to relocate and some of them were also given relief materials to alleviate their suffering.

"From there I raised over for a girl that has a hole in her heart. Baby Sumaya is her name, we took her to India for an operation that was very successful. By the time she came back, MTN partnered with Praiz, he is a musician in Nigeria and they raise 10million naira which they gave to my foundation to give to the girl. That money was given to the girl and with that money she bought a house here in Lagos and that girl is doing well physically. We have been receiving reports yearly about her wellbeing." Barr. Ubani revealed.

Source: https://www.abnews247.com/2019/10/how-i-raised-money-for-flood-victims-sent-girl-with-hole-in-heart-to-india-for-operation-others-barr-ubani/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: How I Sent Girl With Hole In Heart To India For Operation, Others - Barr. Ubani by SchoolNaScam001: 9:25am On Oct 12, 2019
good man

(1) (Reply)

Does Isolate Whey Protein Good For Me? / Complications With My Teeth / Care Of The Postoperative Blocked Fallopian Tubes Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.