Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,759 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:07 AM

Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences (23939 Views)

Memos Of A Fashion Apprentice(fashion Designing And Tailors) / See The List This Apprentice Tailor Must Fulfil To Gain Freedom From Her Madam / Did Your Tailor Disappoint You This Christmas? Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by kizzyfb4: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
Finally e fit be me wey give you that haircut.

respect80:
It's really hard not to have been a victim of such as a guy especially at certain stage of your life except you are those who outrightly emphasize on the skills of the barber before he begins but even at that, it takes one or two icky experiences to make one cautious of such.

My experience was almost about 2 decades ago while I was in JSS 2 in a boarding school. Even though the cost of getting a haircut in the closest salon was just N50, I opted to visit a fellow boarder staying in another hostel who uses razor blade and comb to cut people's hair at the rate of N30 probably out of greed or Childishness not realizing that the so called barber was just being over rated and is only good at giving people with roundly shaped head a good looking cut.
That was how I went and sat down in his front, he did the job and gave me a mirror to confirm his work. When I looked at the mirror, I wasn't comfortable with what he did there and I told him to at least correct the curve he made in my forehead because I don't have a roundly shaped head like most of his clients. This guy kept craping the curve on my forehead until he successfully made me looked like a young tortoise.
It was after we went on break and came back to school that a friend of mine said he met the guy as an apprentice in one of the villages he visited during holidays.

I was like whattttttttt! So this guy was just using people to learn his trade in a coded way?

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Caulay(m): 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2019
My wife started crying after I took my son to Barber. I took a good look at my son and I felt my wife didn't cry enough. Had to take him to another barber shop that night.

7 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by respect80(m): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2019
kizzyfb4:
Finally e fit be me wey give you that haircut.

No let me catch you be that cos if I catch you I go beat u like who trailer jam cheesy

But NO! you couldn't have been the one
Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Dagger111(m): 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
[quote author=sisisioge post=83075330][/quote]

Lolz
Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by sayisayi(m): 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
Na one older Jamaican guy cut my hair in Harlesden, one year. Half way through, guy talk say, he wan go shop get something, back in 2 mins..

2 mins, turn 5, then turn 15. I go and speak to the shop Oga, he told me to go get am for betting shop. I had to leave chair with half head, looking like ghost, enter street and drag him out from one betting shop. Na one chance barber.

Took 11 yes nephew to one estate barber in apo, Abuja. The guy start doing dive bombing routine with clipper onto scalp. If you hear the noise and nephew whimpering like 1 month pikin. I told barber to stop his nonsense and do am slow.

The barbers who nod and agree with everything as you give them instructions...run...

That empty chair in salon....is empty for a reason, no try am.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Oreoluwa5: 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
Omo na so i enter one barber shop like dat o.. I i see say he make sense both inside and outside.. I ask d young guy say what dy shop him say na me.. Ok barb me afro na so dy guy start o dy even gist with me telling me story of him life after about 30 min I carry my leg waka go house when i reach us na so my rommies just dy look look me o dem no fit tell me say d hair no good cuz dat dy i lost my 1k i just tight face tru out dat night.. Na d next morning dem start laff me dy cal me monk and i get class dat day naso i manage wear cap go skul o after class lyk this i run go d shop dem tell me say d guy no b barber say him just dy cum d shop from time to time cuz na him broda get the shop... Wetin pain me pass na when one woman way follow her husband cum barb dey tell me say na candle light dem take barb me omo cum see as everybody for the shop burst with lyf like say make i enter ground

5 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Kenneth10110(m): 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
LeoFish92:
So I went to this shop in my new hood to cut my hair. I had gone 5 weeks without a haircut and was already looking like a Wild animal.

Met the young barber and my intuition rang the alarm bells: he looks like an apprentice!!

I ignored the warnings and sat on the swivel chair. I desperately needed a haircut!

Afro punk, I told him, and proceeded to instruct him on how I love it. Has to be bespoke!.

He nodded in affirmation, grabbed the clipper and gave me a shocker.....

When I saw his grasp of the clipper -- feeble and weak, and his strokes, lacking finesse and the dexterity of a professional barber -- I knew I was in for trouble.

15 mins later and he had already given me a hair cut I never knew existed.

He finished and I was still looking like a Wild Animal; a domesticated wild Animal.

He looked at me and I could see guilt written all over his face. He knows.

I wasn't mad at him. Baby steps he was taking. One day, he'll become a pro.

But will I go back to his shop? Not in this life.

Don't boycott the shop because of the guy who tried to be brave. Next time you can just barb when you see his boss only.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Legendguru: 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2019
smiley
Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by somehow: 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2019
I just can't stop laughing

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Crownp(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
My experience with apprentices bad o, on two different occasions. The first one was when i was in secondary school, ss1, i wan go barb that olamide afro style wey he use for wavy level, naso i waka go my barber side, buh my barber no dey, naso i talk say make the apprentice barb am, from the number of minutes wey i take describe am sef i don know say i don enter. I later ended up barbing low cut as the afro shifted to one side on my head. The thing wey pain me pass be say the hair na for vs day and as the class best student i go be prefect before ss2 apointment, the guy just spoil my paroll, all the girls wey know say na style i dey always barb just dey laugh me. The second time na for my dads barber side, naso the apprentice try my hair, chai the guy made me bald for the middle of my hair. I had to scrape that one also.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by XwhY(m): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
Yes o
I was given Aba made hair cut

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Datweence(m): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
I just moved into an area and didn't know any good barbershop around so I decided to visit this popular one within Shoprite malls here in Abuja. I expected that for a place like that, everyone there should be professionals. I sat down, told my barber that I wanted low cut with step 1 comb but my hair is curled up at the back of my head. This is what I usually tell every barber and the experienced ones get it immediately. I was shocked when this guy told me he didn't understand. Eventually when he was done, my hair was looking like a rat ran through it. My beards on one cheek was fuller than the other. It was the most horrible haircut I've had in a very long time, and to imagine that I got that kind of cut in such a premium outlet like that. Till date, it's still the most expensive haircut I've had. I've never stepped my foot in there since then.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by DigitalLogic: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
#INSIDELIFE
I began as an apprentice barber, determined to be the best. There was this brother, actually a Pastor in the church. He visited my the salon and the boss was out. If I say I had the skill in my arsenal to make transform him I would be buharing. But I had the confidence of drake's barber. Immediately I finished I knew something was wrong with the haircut but I don't know where to amend or what to do. I looked at his face and he was red. He could have given me punches but the only thing holding him was that I know he's a pastor. Embalmed in the spirit of meekness he felt chained and began to cry. In his words "boy you for tell me say you they learn. See wetting you Don do me. Chai and tomorrow no Sunday." he was crying. I reassured him that it is fine. I couldn't join him in crying or burst into laughter seeing him acting or crying. I had my gane face on. I took my service fee from him and he left. He wanted me to feel guilty but I never did. Today people transfer my down payment service charge before I even set off to give them home kitchen. I hope he sees the star Ive become in this life as barber. I even barbed while in prison and was given the title "General". I made men have smart looks that changed their perspective about themselves and believe they were going to be great again. I have retired from the trade. But I enjoyed my career, every bit of it.

5 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by kuuljay(m): 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
Back in the days when we were using comb and razor i wanted to cut my friends hair,my first stroke peeled my guys scarp,mogbe!!! I neatly covered it back and finished the hair without him knowing,my guy entered bathroom and shouted when he poured water on his head,I took off,me and that guy fought for weeks

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Christmasdon(m): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
when i see an apprentice i usually know. they keep moving rounda round. trying to get the better curve, or they may spend 6six hours giving you the caterpillar face cut.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Octopusssy(f): 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2019
Callertunez:
angry

Back then in school... That was how my back carving looked, let's not talk about my beard..
LMAO
Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Octopusssy(f): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
Datweence:
I just moved into an area and didn't know any good barbershop around so I decided to visit this popular one within Shoprite malls here in Abuja. I expected that for a place like that, everyone there should be professionals. I sat down, told my barber that I wanted low cut with step 1 comb but my hair is curled up at the back of my head. This is what I usually tell every barber and the experienced ones get it immediately. I was shocked when this guy told me he didn't understand. Eventually when he was done, my hair was looking like a rat ran through it. My beards on one cheek was fuller than the other. It was the most horrible haircut I've had in a very long time, and to imagine that I got that kind of cut in such a premium outlet like that. Till date, it's still the most expensive haircut I've had. I've never stepped my foot in there since then.
ROTFLMAO
Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
Where's the sample of barbed hair??

shop sample is here....trying to tarnish someone's business
Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Damicares(f): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
yinkard4me:
Few days to my marriage introduction ceremony, I had this very nice low hair cut I did just before I travelled down home from my base. Two days to the Day,I thought it would be nice if I did a lil carving and adjustments to make the hair look newer. There is this salon I used to see a lot of guys flocking around and I thought to myself, this guy must be good. On getting there, this guy's first touch on my hair removed a thick portion of my hair that I could see my skin from d mirror. I was like whatttttttt? The boy said my clipper was slippery, grin sad lol. I wanted to cry, I just told him to remove all the hair embarassed.
The clipper was slippery. Hahaha grin
yinkard4me:
Few days to my marriage introduction ceremony, I had this very nice low hair cut I did just before I travelled down home from my base. Two days to the Day,I thought it would be nice if I did a lil carving and adjustments to make the hair look newer. There is this salon I used to see a lot of guys flocking around and I thought to myself, this guy must be good. On getting there, this guy's first touch on my hair removed a thick portion of my hair that I could see my skin from d mirror. I was like whatttttttt? The boy said my clipper was slippery, grin sad lol. I wanted to cry, I just told him to remove all the hair embarassed.
The clipper was slippery. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by bigcover(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2019
Guy, u shd be a writer or a poet. Ur mastery and usage of words is out of this world.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by meobizy(f): 9:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
Mscheew. This is a thread for SS 2 students. All my life a buzz cut has always suited me. Only four times out of thousands have I had reasons to return for complaints. If a person can’t cut close to the skin then he has no reason handling clippers. I never understood people taking their style so serious that they avoid certain barbers.

Yes, an apprentice has cut my hair before. His confidence level was low but he excelled (like most barbers will) with my buzz cut.

Of recent I’ve moved to a fade. I doubt any apprentice will touch it. That is, if I keep the style long enough.
Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by To5man(m): 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
All I could say was that Salon Work is not his way. Is better you become a Mechanic

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Odunolumide(m): 9:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
I went for shaving one day and the boss was not around. So I tot since its just beard shaving ,leggo. Before u know this guy started shaving my eyebrow and I was wondering what's he up to. Las las the guy use clipper clear all the hair for my eye o . I was stupendified . what the ...? I had no choice than to clear the second eyelid and I con look like zombie . The guy just dey beg

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by royalair(m): 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2019
Mine worse. Went to Barb my hair on getting there I saw a demolished shop, Rochas and crew have performed their usual magic of demolition. Made a few investigation was told my Barber has relocated. I still come track am for en new shop he wasn't around. Met his apprentice, I I as like since barber is a hair wizard his apprentice would be the same. told him to Barb me afro punk. Baba first go buy me tom Tom sweet as kola. I was like whaoo see better apprentice. Then en begin Barb the hair he ended up making me look like a Tasmania devil. Upon that he asked if he should trim the beard I told him no. Ended up barbing skin.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by sirqeeboi(m): 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
I only know one hair cut style which is low cut and I don't really care if u cut it good or bad ..
Cos I know one day I will have my own professional personal barber and then have different cuts..
For now it doesn't border me..

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by VicM6: 10:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
make i jst pass jeje.... my own pass wetin man think.
as d show was going, na so Nepa take light dat night and there wasn't any fuel in his gen. The guy said he has a portable cliper that doesnt required Electricity as far it's fully charge. i agreed and sat down. The idiot bought candle stick and light it up using it as a torch light while barbing my hair that night....

The rest was a story. Thank God no be for lagos, i for don land for psychiatric hospital

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by sharpwriter(m): 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
Dagger111:
With all the stories, no matter how wrongly ur barber cut your hair, skin is the only solution. grin

True yarn... Lol

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by sharpwriter(m): 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
[quote author=sisisioge post=83075330][/quote]

Ahhh n... This one looks like lie o... Wetin dey him head wey dey give am rashes? shocked
Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by eagleonearth(m): 10:32pm On Oct 12, 2019
respect80:
It's really hard not to have been a victim of such as a guy especially at certain stage of your life except you are those who outrightly emphasize on the skills of the barber before he begins but even at that, it takes one or two icky experiences to make one cautious of such.

My experience was almost about 2 decades ago while I was in JSS 2 in a boarding school. Even though the cost of getting a haircut in the closest salon was just N50, I opted to visit a fellow boarder staying in another hostel who uses razor blade and comb to cut people's hair at the rate of N30 probably out of greed or Childishness not realizing that the so called barber was just being over rated and is only good at giving people with roundly shaped head a good looking cut.
That was how I went and sat down in his front, he did the job and gave me a mirror to confirm his work. When I looked at the mirror, I wasn't comfortable with what he did there and I told him to at least correct the curve he made in my forehead because I don't have a roundly shaped head like most of his clients. This guy kept craping the curve on my forehead until he successfully made me looked like a young tortoise.
It was after we went on break and came back to school that a friend of mine said he met the guy as an apprentice in one of the villages he visited during holidays.

I was like whattttttttt! So this guy was just using people to learn his trade in a coded way?
bro I actually laughed out loud @young tortoise

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Oyiboman69: 10:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
. This guy kept craping the curve on my forehead until he successfully made me looked like a young tortoise. una no go fit kill me for this forum,chai

1 Like

Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by respect80(m): 11:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
eagleonearth:
bro I actually laughed out loud @young tortoise

cheesy

He didn't try for me @all
Re: Guys, Ever Had An Apprentice Cut Your Hair? Share Your Experiences by Maxxim: 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
Last month while working at Enugu, I was reluctant to barb my hair there at first but I got enticed by the way he sets up his shop and the type of people that do patronize him.
At a point I knew something was wrong when I noticed he was only using just one step and within few minutes he was almost through sometimes that my barber uses 45min to one hour. Since then I've made up my mind to always barb my hair before traveling back there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Pictures Of Oge Okoye / 27 Big Braids Hairstyles To Inspire Your Next "Do" / Creative Braided Hairstyles For Little Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.