Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,911 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:57 AM

Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" (1293 Views)

I Am Not Happy At All, I'm Devastated, I'm Depressed, I'm Frustrated / Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" PART2 / I'm Thinking Of Leaving My Man After The Conversation Below. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2019
This thread is borne out need to address the ravaging speed with which people are committing suicide.

Nairaland Romance section is littered with several threads of people who are depressed and could be thinking suicide.

To be honest with you guys, I've at some point been depressed but having lots of concerned friends and outspoken natured saved me alot.

From my secondary school days to my jobless days.

Now, when I look at those days, I would simply smile and say to myself, "if I survived those days, there is definitely nothing I can't scale through. Indeed death is never an option"

If you are so down that you can't see a way out, know that others have felt this way and survived. You are not alone and however you feel, you can be helped.

A number of things can lead up to suicidal feelings:
1. Depressed, or having serious mental illness
2. Using drugs or alcohol, particularly if you are upset.
3. Very anxious about the future or today's pressure
4. Under pressure from family or your peers.
5. Serious financial brokenness and/ indebtedness.

Things to keep in when feeling suicidal
1. Think about who can help you and get support if you are thinking suicide.
2. If you are in danger and need urgent help, you can call the police by dialing 999
3. Never give up, you are stonger than you know.
4. Think Positive

Some important risk factors you should watch out for in people around you, these factors can derive people into thinking suicidal. Your careful observation can save a life

1. Previous suicide attempt.
2. Relationship problems
3. Access to harmful means
4. Recent death of loved one
5. Unstable mental health condition
6. Ongoing exposure to bullying
7. Losing a close friend/ family member to suicide
8. Physical disability (not born with)
9. History of substance abuse
10. Loss of job, property and indebtedness.

SUICIDE IS NEVER A OPTION, SPEAK UP WHEN YOU ARE DEPRESSED.

LEARN TO OBSERVE CHANGES IN YOUR PARTNER'S, FAMILY MEMBER'S , FRIENDS', AND NEIGHBOR'S BEHAVIOR.

ABOVE ALL, NO PROBLEM IS WORTH YOUR BLOOD NOR THE TEARS OF YOUR BELOVED ONES.

Cc
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
ilegendd
Logobenz

2 Likes

Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by SchoolNaScam001: 10:24am On Oct 12, 2019
no think am o. Abegi
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Privatepart00: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2019
Namaji did you finally end it as you said ?

1 Like

Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by daddytime(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2019
Ok
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 10:36am On Oct 12, 2019
SchoolNaScam001:
no think am o. Abegi
daddytime:
Please snap out of that thought sharp sharp
Privatepart00:
Namaji did you finally end it as you said ?
Hope you read through?

2 Likes

Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by SchoolNaScam001: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2019
Apeshy101:

Hope you read through?

To be Frank, I didn't. Just the headline sent me into frenzy.
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 12, 2019
Apeshy101:
This thread is borne out need to address the ravaging speed with which people are committing suicide.

Nairaland Romance section is littered with several threads of people who are depressed and could be thinking suicide.

To be honest with you guys, I've at some point been depressed but having lots of concerned friends and outspoken natured saved me alot.

From my secondary school days to my jobless days.

Now, when I look at those days, I would simply smile and say to myself, "if I survived those days, there is definitely nothing I can't scale through. Indeed death is never an option"

A number of things can lead up to suicidal feelings:
1. Depressed, or having serious mental illness
2. Using drugs or alcohol, particularly if you are upset.
3. Very anxious about the future or today's pressure
4. Under pressure from family or your peers.
5. Serious financial brokenness and/ indebtedness.

Things to keep in when feeling suicidal
1. Think about who can help you and get support if you are thinking suicide.
2. If you are in danger and need urgent help, you can call the police by dialing 999
3. Never give up, you are stonger than you know.
4. Think Positive

Some important risk factors you should watch out for in people around you, these factors can derive people into thinking suicidal. Your careful observation can save a life

1. Previous suicide attempt.
2. Relationship problems
3. Access to harmful means
4. Recent death of loved one
5. Unstable mental health condition
6. Ongoing exposure to bullying
7. Losing a close friend/ family member to suicide
8. Physical disability (not born with)
9. History of substance abuse
10. Loss of job, property and indebtedness.

SUICIDE IS NEVER A OPTION, SPEAK UP WHEN YOU ARE DEPRESSED.

LEARN TO OBSERVE CHANGES IN YOUR PARTNER'S, FAMILY MEMBER'S , FRIENDS', AND NEIGHBOR'S BEHAVIOR.

ABOVE ALL, NO PROBLEM IS WORTH YOUR BLOOD NOR THE TEARS OF YOUR BELOVED ONES.

Cc
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
ilegendd
Logobenz

WTF is wrong with you? Did I ask to born? So why must I stay on earth? Why you suicide never be an option?
I am a slave or what? Many of us have seen the pointlessness of our existence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by carzola(m): 10:45am On Oct 12, 2019
Death is the only short cut out of this
Wicked world...

The world is not a fair place
And anybody that can't stand it has a right to take his life..

Suicide should be legalised. ..

We need to have the right to pull the plug when we are tired.

The rich are getting richer spending money on irrelevant things
While some people just need 2k to survive nd be happy
Some are burning 20m on drinks in the club.

We have thousands of ghost workers yet millions are jobless
And sinking into depression daily. ..

If this life no favour u cut it short
There is another life after this one.
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by carzola(m): 10:47am On Oct 12, 2019
Squillaci:

WTF is wrong with you? Did I ask to born? So why must I stay on earth? Why you suicide never be an option?
life is a shiiiiitt whole.. only the strong can survive and yes if ur not among the strong u can take a bow... I think they should make suicide pills.. to make it easier. .. what do u think?

1 Like

Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 12, 2019
Thank you!
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2019
Squillaci:

A problem identified is half solved.

What exactly is making you suicidal?
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2019
Squillaci:

I've been there before, honestly i still feel the same.
You arent the only one going through sh!t. 99.9 percent of the worlds population are too. What however differentiates you from those who make it is your ability to embrace the darkness and make it your strenght. Healing isnt all about denying the scar isnt there but accepting that we are all weak and realizing strenght from that fact.
Dont be a slave rather to the weakness of your mind and its emotions. Control it!

1 Like

Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 10:58am On Oct 12, 2019
carzola:
Death is the only short cut out of this
Wicked world...

The world is not a fair place
And anybody that can't stand it has a right to take his life..

Suicide should be legalised. ..

We need to have the right to pull the plug when we are tired.

The rich are getting richer spending money on irrelevant things
While some people just need 2k to survive nd be happy
Some are burning 20m on drinks in the club.

We have thousands of ghost workers yet millions are jobless
And sinking into depression daily. ..

If this life no favour u cut it short
There is another life after this one.
I understand your points but they are not justified enough.

The world is wicked, we all know that.
You were born with a purpose, to bring peace to the wicked, to make impact and be remembered for.

Everyone can't have same level of luck, I get the fact that we cant choose where we would be born but it is not a valid excuse.

Choosing to be weak is personal and shouldn't be.

Mingle with the strong and get inspired by their story.

Behind every successful person is a sobering story.

If you believe, then you can!

Live above suicide!
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by iLegendd(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2019
Apt.

But, all the stupid parents that can't feed themselves, yet fûck too much like rats and pollute the world with kids they can't take care of should stop.

Kids born in poverty always go through a lot and that is one of the causes of high rate of suicide. The rich keep getting richer while the poor keep fûcking for more children — hoping one of the kids will turn out rich.

Though, I don't support suicide in anyway and all men and women should be strong and push through.

1 Like

Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 12, 2019
carzola:
life is a shiiiiitt whole.. only the strong can survive and yes if ur not among the strong u can take a bow... I think they should make suicide pills.. to make it easier. .. what do u think?
No one is born strong and dont wallow in self pity thinking you're the only one. We are much; who are here struggling to live. What makes one strong is the ability to use your weakness and get strenght. Accept you are human who will stumble over and over. When you look outside, dont see your immediate environment only, see the earth that lies beyond. Its beautiful and so are you. And even if that light, that is your being, flickers, dont blow it out. Someday you'll shine so bright, every one else would be blinded. But that day wouldnt come until you master the art of dominating your mind. Conquer it and the world would bow to you. wink
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by carzola(m): 11:14am On Oct 12, 2019
Crazyemberr:
No one is born strong and dont wallow in self pity thinking you're the only one. We are much; who are here struggling to live. What makes one strong is the ability to use your weakness and get strenght. Accept you are human who will stumble over and over. When you look outside, dont see your immediate environment only, see the earth that lies beyond. Its beautiful and so are you. And even if that light, that is your being, flickers, dont blow it out. Someday you'll shine so bright, every one else would be blinded. But that day wouldnt come until you master the art of dominating your mind. Conquer it and the world would bow to you. wink
I will conquer it if I get a job to start with... its not easy being out of work for 4 months... rent due in a week times.. family, peer, relationship, many things hanging on ur neck.. to pill the pressure more my gf lost my 3 months pregnancy cause no money... like WTF? ?? Is this one a life sef
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by carzola(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2019
Apeshy101:

You were born with a purpose, to bring peace to the wicked, to make impact and be remembered for.

Everyone can't have same level of luck, I get the fact that we cant choose where we would be born but it is not a valid excuse.

Live above suicide!
do u know how it feels to wakeup nd wish u didn't wake up... how will u discover your purpose in life when life keeps trowing shiiiiit at u...
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 11:23am On Oct 12, 2019
carzola:
do u know how it feels to wakeup nd wish u didn't wake up... how will u discover your purpose in life when life keeps trowing shiiiiit at u...
I've been there back and forth.

You will remember these points in your life and just smile later.
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 11:24am On Oct 12, 2019
carzola:
I will conquer it if I get a job to start with... its not easy being out of work for 4 months... rent due in a week times.. family, peer, relationship, many things hanging on ur neck.. to pill the pressure more my gf lost my 3 months pregnancy cause no money... like WTF? ?? Is this one a life sef
To start you, you are not alone in the jobless field.

Aside seeking a job, there are other things you can do.

What do you have passion for?

Let's start with that
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by carzola(m): 11:25am On Oct 12, 2019
Apeshy101:

I've been there back and forth.

You will remember these points in your life and just smile later.

I will smile if you guys help me with a job...
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2019
carzola:
I have attempted suicide more than 10times. Cut my wrist, drank poison, sleeping pills and alchohol. I've been in the dark, that place where you find yourself slipping with nothing to hang on to. I dont beieve in any God, so im not typing regarding religion.

Dont quit. Trust me, things will change but before they do work on your mind. Fall once, stand up twice. Look for something to do meanwhile. The rent issue, i hope will work out. Dont leave, your love, family and friends behing wailing in misery.

Every one can make it big, but foremost discover yourself first. You'll find strenghts you never knew you had. Resolve your internal struggle.

1 Like

Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2019
carzola:
They should make it available over the counter.
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 11:30am On Oct 12, 2019
carzola:
I will smile if you guys help me with a job...
Personally, I don't have a job offering.

To start with, you need to rid your mind off any entitlement.
No one owes you anything. No your parents, not even God.

Aside seeking job, what is your passion?
There are a million ways you could make money without necessarily getting a job
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 12, 2019
Apeshy101:

Live above suicide!
Who determines this purpose?
Sorry, many people do not believe that life has any purpose. And I think who do not want to continue should be free to opt out.
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by KINGwax007(m): 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
Suicide is also an option!!!
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2019
Squillaci:

Who determines this purpose?
Sorry, many people do not believe that life has any purpose. And I think who do not want to continue should be free to opt out.
Do you believe you have a purpose?
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
KINGwax007:
Suicide is also an option!!!
Causing more pains to escape pain is not a wise Option. Suicide is never an option bro
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by FDURU(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
FDURU:
Its really hard though, irrespective of the glitz and glams of life, I still feel empty, just that am yet to muster the courage to end my life and the thoughts of my loved ones living with the pain I caused them is just too much for me.
Yeah it's really had.
What is deriving you suicidal?

Why do you feel so empty?

Have you spoken to people about this?
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Happyguy201: 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2019
Anybody thinking about suicide should consider donating their kidneys to me please I will pay your families on your behalf ..
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by FDURU(m): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
Re: Depressed, "I'm Thinking Suicide" by Apeshy101(m): 1:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
FDURU:

its kinda hard speaking about it cos ppl look up to me in one way or the other, they cant imagine how and why someone like me will even be depressed sef.
why I feel empty is cos I feel am yet to find purpose in life, maybe I will when I get a job and stability.
It's okay.
You need to speak up.
That's where your solutions starts from!

Concerning job, have you tried other alternatives? Like learning a skill or trying out new things?

There are many way to catch a monkey in Brazil

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Benefits Of Semen Retention For Guys, Powerful Content / Is Actress Genny Uzoma The Only Role Model Left In Nollywood? / She Go Kill Person, Hot Hot...nigerians Drop Sexual Comments On This Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.