Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,612 members, 7,968,782 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:44 PM

Vocational Learning And University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Vocational Learning And University (612 Views)

Iyalode Of Yorubaland To Establish Vocational Private University / We Need Vocational Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Pls Who Knows The Cut-off Mark For Madonna University And University Of Portharcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vocational Learning And University by jascon1(m): 2:08pm On Nov 07, 2010
sometimes i feel we have lost the value of vocational learning. the greater percentage of kids areĀ  running into unversities and the outpour of graduates without jobs is a cancer in our throat. below standard learning in schools and the whole malpractice and sorting evil is destroying the future of thisĀ  god-blessed country. is it not better companies recognised certificates from VOC's instead of placing overall importance in UNI degs.?
Re: Vocational Learning And University by Mruzoh1: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2010
Corruption has come to stay!

So far the devilish men are still in positions of power.

At times I ask why God is punishing us.

I hope it turns out Good tomorrow.
Re: Vocational Learning And University by Odunnu: 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2010
Its a shame. I know how much I sign out monthly on car repairs/maintainance,electricians,carpenters and the likes. These seemingly uneducated folks turnover so much money monthly that you might want to join them in their vocation. Yet the educated roam the streets looking for handouts. And unfortunately,they are being encouraged by the society that demands a university certificate!
Hardluck.
Re: Vocational Learning And University by Tunsbobo(m): 6:52pm On Nov 07, 2010
While i was in primary school, one of the important subjects i did was Vocational education. Nowadays, no school is interested in offering this subject. Its a pity that our people have been blindfolded by the believe that Uni degree= financial security. Nowadays, that equation doesn't work anymore. I know of a lot of skilled workers( like carpentars, plumbers, welders e.t.c) who are living comfortably and are financially secured. A lot of graduates roam the streets looking for jobs, but as a skill worker; u are self_employed. The earlier we delete the notion that without a uni degree, u cannot make it in life from the minds of our people the better. Vocational education is the only way to reduce unemployment in this country. 'Vocational Education has come to stay'
Re: Vocational Learning And University by jascon1(m): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2010
sometimes i just wanna cry!!!! i am surviving on a skill i learnt on the field. i know how many times i stood at a spot in the street cos of my broken shoes. i sometimes come to wonder, my salary as a degree holder for a year is my salary. ahaha, so funny. what an abuse!!!! i simply pity some still on tha trend. what can they do? they have no one. my degree cannot feed my dog even. this country is so insane. i wont let my kids face shit. they have to combine both for me. yes, and sure. it wont take hell outa em!!! they will learn a skill as they school. i wish i followed my friends then. their parents had a brighter vision for em. school os ultimate after all but in this country you need a back up.

(1) (Reply)

Esut Calls Off 5months Old Strike / I Dn't Have Geography On My Weac, Will Uniben Accept Me In Business Admin? / Kaplan Gmat Text Boo K And Cd(complete&new) For #9000: 07037494103

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.