Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

Who Will You Vote For In 2011 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will You Vote For In 2011 (5235 Views)

Poll: who will you vote for 2011 presidential elections

Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan: 45% (120 votes)
Pat Utomi: 8% (21 votes)
Nasir El Rufai: 0% (2 votes)
Nuhu Ribadu: 23% (62 votes)
Ibb: 6% (18 votes)
Atiku: 1% (4 votes)
Buhari: 13% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term / Would You Vote For Atiku In 2015¿ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by chuqudy(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2010
Why is it that you must have the letter B in your name before you can become president these days?  B[/b]abangida, A[b]b[/b]acha, A[b]b[/b]iola,O[b]b[/b]asanjo, [b]B[/b]uhari, Atiku A[b]b[/b]u[b]b[/b]akar, [b]B[/b]uhari, E[b]b[/b]ele Jonathan, Ri[b]b[/b]adu have [b]b in their names. Musa Yaradua, Murtala Muhammed, Shonekan did not reign for long time in the office may be because they have no "B" in their names. Pat Utomi should better change his name to B[/b]at Utomi if he is really serious to rule Nigeria just like Goodluck Jonathan has adopted a name with "B" i.e. "E[b]b[/b]ele"     I am even considering changing my name to [b]B[/b]uqudy because I am planning to contest for the seat of the presidency in 2015.  Afterall, [b]B[/b]ill Clinton, [b]B[/b]ush and O[b]b[/b]ama have [b]B in their names.
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by henrysam(m): 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2010
chuqudy:

Why is it that you must have the letter B in your name before you can become president these days?  B[/b]abangida, A[b]b[/b]acha, A[b]b[/b]iola,O[b]b[/b]asanjo, [b]B[/b]uhari, Atiku A[b]b[/b]u[b]b[/b]akar, [b]B[/b]uhari, E[b]b[/b]ele Jonathan, Ri[b]b[/b]adu have [b]b in their names. Musa Yaradua, Murtala Muhammed, Shonekan did not reign for long time in the office may be because they have no "B" in their names. Pat Utomi should better change his name to B[/b]at Utomi if he is really serious to rule Nigeria just like Goodluck Jonathan has adopted a name with "B" i.e. "E[b]b[/b]ele"     I am even considering changing my name to [b]B[/b]uqudy because I am planning to contest for the seat of the presidency in 2015.  Afterall, [b]B[/b]ill Clinton, [b]B[/b]ush and O[b]b[/b]ama have [b]B in their names.

Good thinking
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by HamidO1(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2010
A NEW NIGERIA IS POSSIBLE!

JOIN TEAM RIBADU
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by momjay78: 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2010
Gusau
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by HamidO1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2010
JOIN TEAM RIBADU ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW @NuhuRibadu on twitter
VOTE RIBADU AT THE POLLS

RIBADU 2011
A NEW NIGERIA IS POSSIBLE!

Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Solomon227(m): 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2010
[size=14pt]WISHING U ALL GOODLUCK IN 2011 AND BEYOND![/size]
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Dgunnerz(m): 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2010
Sincerely speaking,I will vote for Prof. Patrick Utomi.
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Laughter1(m): 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2010
[size=18pt]GEJ , All the way![/size]
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Eduboi(m): 4:29am On Nov 10, 2010
NUHU! NUHU!! NUHU!!! wink
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Acisky(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2010
[color=#006600][/color]wit IBB d land is green,he is d most xperiencd of all d candidates
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by iswell1(m): 11:05am On Nov 10, 2010
joo is the man
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by kaybee2ng(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2010
Of Course, GEJ, It Just That I Have Never Voted For Anyone In My Life, I Hate To Waste My Vote

But This Time, I Believe GEJ Is The Best Among The Rest
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Koikoi(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2010
ibb is corruption personalised! say no to corruption. gej do not even know what he wants. atiku is desperate, buhari is still banking on the goodwill of the late Idiagbon.

NUHU RIBADU is the man who can fight corruption to a stand still. pple, vote for no one else but RIBADU.

authentic info: uduaghan has been sacked! another minus for fee dee fee. the most corrupt organization on the African soil and indeed the World!

say no to corruption and vote out pdp(punish de people)

Nigerians deserved to be served right not punishment!
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by x2lambo(m): 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2010
i wont vote for any PDP ASPIRANT
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by fabj1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2010
GEJ 4 live!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Nsiman(m): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ the initiator of this thread, pls edit for it to be choice candidate only not commentary.
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Jaylone(m): 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2010
chuqudy:

I assume we are practicing[b] B[/b]iocracy grin grin grin
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by eewule(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2010
For me its Jonathan - Just to stop the northerners ruling forever.
If not Jonathan, then Ribadu.

We are lucky to have these 2 guys campaigning, gives nigeria a chance.
Imagine if all we had were the other candidates.
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by EmmaGSM(m): 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
THE TRUTH HAS BEEN TOLD
LET HIM THAT HAS EAR HEAR
GOD HIMSELF GAVE US GEJ
NO ONE CAN DO OTHERWISE
READ THIS FACT BELLOW
Goodluck Jona is like the Jona in the
Bible who is sent to bring change in
NINIVE.Goodluck Jonathan has come
to bring change in NIGERIA. Nothing
or nobody can stop Goodluck
Jonathan from saving Nigeria. Not
even Goodluck himself can prevent
himself from becoming the winner. If
he tries it, fish will swallow him
whereever he has run to and vomit
him in Aso Rock. No need of wasting
my vote on Ribadu or Utomi who are
the Angels we do not know
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by marvix(m): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2010
I will vote for GOODLUCK!!!.

Quote from Gbawe,

Another thing . Why are you surprised Ribadu is second? Are we actually taking Nigerians for fools ? Even with his "inexperience" it is clear that Nigerians understand that Ribadu will fight our greatest nemesis, corruption, with vigour and sincerity far better than all the other candidate aside Buhari. Jonathan will falter . He is only enjoying sentimental votes at the moment because , in the end, sensible Nigerians , on the ground and in pain,  will not vote for a weak and incompetent President who has the most corrupt Nigerians as his backers. All of you voting for Jonathan please , if you are detribalised Nigerians who care for all regions, tell me if his handling of the Ogun State impeachment is satisfactory for even a half-decent President.

Can you deny , with his inaction, that Jonathan has clearly sided with Gbenga Daniel who is his campaign manager in the SW region? Do you backers of Jonathan not see what he represents for Nigeria with how he rewards dangerous judicial gangsterism rather than check it decisively before others are encouraged to copy suit?  If we really inspect the facts it is obvious that Jonathan has done nothing exemplary as President !!! Who has been brought to book for the Yar Adua health debacle ?  forged budget signature and all?  He has no history of dynamic performance. Why did Jonathan , with Nigeria's serious crime situation, appoint an IGP who is inferior , academically and performance-wise, to his senior officers?  GEJ is highly averse to fighting corruption. In fact he is backed by Nigeria's most corrupt men. Anenih is Jonathan's backer . Nigerian roads are in a pathetic state because of Anenih's looting in the past . What is Jonathan doing with such a ruinous man who has killed many Nigerians through road accidents?  

We know Jonathan is highly profligate and that is dangerous considering he is backed by corruption INC. He is anti-democratic and not averse to using odious tactics that drags Nigeria backwards in his quest to retain his job by all means. The worst is that those who have gotten us where we are  (eg Daniel, Anenih, OBJ, Alao Akala, etc , etc ) will be allowed to continue with their looting, gangsterism and misrule if they help Jonathan actualise his ambitions. Nigerians better wake up and eschew ethnic mentality of "we must vote for our son" or "we must keep the North out of power"  .

Gbawe on Jonathans decision not to investigate or bring anyone to book on the Yaradua helath saga is just a case of letting the sleeping dogs lie.

Jonathan proved to be wiser than a lot of you guys on NL wit the way he handled the health saga, if he had joined the fray and handled it otherwise either by heating the polity, the conflagration may have been worse than a catastrophe where even you would not be looking forward to an election where Ribadu would be a candidate.

Jonathan is the man who can achieve with all the evils in the land, politics is never about right or wrong, not about friends or enemies but about policies and dreams, aspirations and ambitions, In politics there are no permanenet friends or enemies, ask Oshiomole, the idiots who ruined Edo when Lucky and PDP was in power have all decamped to the AC and will continue what they have been doing, the best Oshiomole can do is accept them in the party and allow internal party democracy deny them but these individuals are ruthless.

2011 is not the future we await just like Goodluck is not the Messiah Nigerians have been waiting for, 2011 is a fore runner to that future we await and Goodluck is the fore runner to the messiah, Gbawe you should ask yourself, If Goodluck can not convinently insert a clause in the electoral law considering his party as the majority in the NASS, he could not get his way with imposing his campaign head as chairman of the governors forum, would he be able to impose a president we dont want on us, My answer is impossible, he would and should win the 2011 elections freely but would gallantly lose some states where the PDP has failed woefully, lose some senatorial and representative seats in the NASS where the opposition parties have done their work properly then by 2015, the INEC would be stronger and the opposition more focused and GEJ would gallantly give away the presidency to an opposition party whos hould be able to provide the messiah.

That is why my advice is Ribadu should bid his time by making himself relevant as a senator representing his district, 2015 would be an interesting election if we have a Ribadu running against a Duke, having an Utomi/Fashola as VP, are we considering an Adams Oshiomole as a running mate to a Presidential Candidate like Sanusi Lamido common the 2015 elections is what should be prepared for today.

if you have a political ambition the best time to come out would be 2015, because 2011 is the election where PDP would be cut to size, it would be the beginning we missed in 1999, when PDP is cut to size the opposition would see a need to come together, real progressives within the PDP would either quit the party or control it.

2015 is truly the magical year if you have Ribadus ear advice him to bid his time, remember Jesus was baptised by John.
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Shoolar(m): 9:36am On Nov 12, 2010
Everyone will vote for JONATHAN!
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by dkings101(m): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2010
One things this old politicians should realise are most ppl or are 18 yrs, don't even know the governance of Buhari and Babanjida. I think Goodluck would have more vote from that add up with the old folks. Already the old folks don't like Babanjida and Buhari so I think GEJ would be the winner. Before no be property oo, na now.
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by MiKenny(f): 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2010
Ribadu
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Jbenue: 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
I THINK RIBADU HAS BEEN THE MOST EXCITING THING TO HAPPEN TO NIGERIAN POLITICS FOR YEARS. HE IS YOUNG ENERGETIC AND ACTUALLY HAS A MANIFESTO. THE ONLY THING AGAINST HIM IS THAT JONA HAS SENTIMENT ON HIS SIDE, AFTER ALL IT WOULD BE A FAIRYTALE IF NIGERIA ELECTED A MINORITY LEADER JUST LIKE THE U.S.A.

HOWEVER JONA IS I THINK INEPT AND INADEQUATE AND LACKING LEADERSHIP CAPACITY. I REMEMBER HIS AMAPOUR INTERVIEW EARLY THIS YEAR, THE MAN COULD NT ARTICULATE HIS IDEAS IN A CLEAR FASHION. AND HIS PROMISES ON ELECTRICITY AND ELECTORAL REFORM HAVE NOT BEEN FULFILLED THUSFAR. AND PERHAPS WHAT MAKES ME MORE SCEPTICAL ABOUT HIM IS THAT HE IS PDP. PEOPLE LETS NOT FORGET THAT THEY HAVE BEEN IN POWER FOR 11 YEARS CONTOLLING THE EXECUTIVE, SENATE, AND HOUSE WITH AN UNRIVALLED MAJORITY, ALSO CONTROLLING THE MAJORITY OF STATES YET THE HAVE THOROUGHLY FAILED TO IMPLEMENT ANY OF THEIR PROGRAMMES.

RIBADU WITH A MINORITY DEPUTY I THINK WOULD BE IDEAL LETS WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by MaiSuya(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2010
ribadu or buhari!!!
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by darozz(m): 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2010
Ribadu would have been my candidate, but becos of the way these northen elders are insisting power must shift to north, i will never vote for any northener, now or ever. So among the rest, Jonathan stand the best chance to win, so becos i wont like to stand long under the sun and waste my vote on unpopular candidate, i will proudly vote for Jonathan. Besides, I personally like his person, underminding the fact that i am also from southsouth.
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by kollyp2000(m): 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2010
Looking at all of the names above, I think I'll favour Ribadu, But unfortunately, he night not win
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by Muza(m): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2010
win,lose,rig,free nd fair,my mind is made up
Gen Buhari all the way

#Rig2011ElectionsAnduDie
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by mikedabo: 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2011
the initiator of this poll is biased. see the way BADLUCK's Name is written in full and the other candidates names , go to naija village square and see how Buhari is dusting Badluck in a vote of close to 4000 participants.

MCCCHHHEEEEWWWWWW!!!!
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by bestofthisyear(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2011
Rev. Prof. Nwangwu
Re: Who Will You Vote For In 2011 by daroz(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2011
chuqudy:

Why is it that you must have the letter B in your name before you can become president these days? B[/b]abangida, A[b]b[/b]acha, A[b]b[/b]iola,O[b]b[/b]asanjo, [b]B[/b]uhari, Atiku A[b]b[/b]u[b]b[/b]akar, [b]B[/b]uhari, E[b]b[/b]ele Jonathan, Ri[b]b[/b]adu have [b]b in their names. Musa Yaradua, Murtala Muhammed, Shonekan did not reign for long time in the office may be because they have no "B" in their names. Pat Utomi should better change his name to B[/b]at Utomi if he is really serious to rule Nigeria just like Goodluck Jonathan has adopted a name with "B" i.e. "E[b]b[/b]ele" I am even considering changing my name to [b]B[/b]uqudy because I am planning to contest for the seat of the presidency in 2015. Afterall, [b]B[/b]ill Clinton, [b]B[/b]ush and O[b]b[/b]ama have [b]B in their names.

wetin Abiola name dey do there? Na for grave he rule?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan / BREAKING: Buhari Orders Immediate Investigation Of Three Ministers / Well To Do Igbo Traders Chase Off Hungry Yorubas From Alaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.