Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,256 members, 7,887,738 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:03 PM

Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew (18487 Views)

Lady Calls NCDC To Arrest Her Mum For Attending A Wedding Ceremony In Maraba / Candle Night Held For Lady Who Died After Hospital Refused Treating Her / Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Colb461: 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
I pray nothing should happen to that kid.he is just a little child
funmisticqueen:
Doctors actually have the right to refuse treatment on the basis of personal assault. The doctor did no wrong
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Chartey(m): 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

So if doctors aren't call "providers" . What do you suggest they should be called.

Every Profession got its hazard and we dont throw Ethic due to the Hazards.

Most engineers work off-site for days without support, in bad weather .

Will they complain - Yes

Should abandon their Job -NO

If Doctors can refuse to attend to patent, due to his/her attitude.

Then Bank CC and Telecoms CC can likewise do same .

You just missed the whole point of my first paragraph. There's a "doctor-patient relationship". Google it. Many components of this relationship are not compensation-dependent. So it's not a transactional relationship like the other examples you mentioned.
Like in the example I gave, is it likely that a customer's attitude will affect a banker's ability to solve the customer's problem? I think not. A patient's attitude can however affect the ability of a doctor to solve a patient's problem starting from getting adequate history, to informed consent for procedures right down to issues with treatment compliance. It's not as simplistic as you think it is. That's why I said some knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge sometimes.

Why call doctors "providers" when you can just call them doctors? Same for nurses, pharmacists etc. This is a big issue in some countries right now because it simplifies the relationship I tried to show you above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by AuroraB(f): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
Sirpaul:
madam what did you do for him?
Did you get to see the Dr ask for anything shocked
Don't be a malicious witness sad
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by mychiveous(f): 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
lebete3000:

Your lies is what will kill you eventually, not Doctor's negligence...
It is your arrogance that will kill you.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by taiyeayodeji: 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
we shud not blame the doctor until we hear his side.i believe the doctor has a right to decide to attend or not.if his mind his disturb due to the argument he had with the lady.it cud affect his performance. nigerians want fast fast, no patience. there is something called emergency,if a case is not an emergency, the doctor is under no obligation to attend to you immediately. it happens even in Europe,u may even be told you have to get an appointment if the case is seen as not emergency. i assumed the doctor assessed the case and see it as not a life threatening case.i have once taken my child to an hospital in Europe, so much children were sick that weekend and the doctors were overstretched,i waited for 2 hours and cudnt see the doctor. the only thing was the nurse gave the child a pain relieve while we were waiting to see the doctor.at the end, i cudnt wait again because even the sick child got tired of waiting for doctor.we left for home and came back the next day which was a monday and so many doctors were on duty.so let's not blame the doctor,some time women boil when their kids are sick and want fast fast action .lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Doktajay5: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
stasius:
Doctors have the right to refuse attending to a patient/client. So madam go and sit down!

Am sure u must have hurled insults at him and all that shits. Go and get seen by another doctor.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Mr4tunate: 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2019
I lost a close cousin due to what I think was medical negligence last week and oh, I'm a medical doctor too. So in all fairness, I think I'm a balanced person to comment on this
There's no doubt there are doctors who neglect their duties, in my cousin's case, I had to call the doctor on duty severally just for him to come do his job. In fact, more than on 3 occasions I've had to collect my cousin's blood samples myself( I work in the same hospital where he was admitted) cuz the doctor(s) treating him simply didn't do it despite having contacted them severally
My cousin died less than 48 hours after discharge from the hospital, so I can say it boldly he wasn't stable b4 discharge. Yes, there are doctors like that everywhere but truth be told, they're extremely few in number
What we experience in Nigeria is a total system failure
Before coming back to that woman, let me use where I work as an example. Many healthworkers( doctors, nurses, health assistants etc) in that hospital have never been paid ever since they've started working ( they're being owed 3-5 months salaries), some of this guys don't originally live in that state of employment and have had to make financial commitments towards their settling down in their new environment, they've had to eat and transport themselves to work for the duration of that gruelling financial constraints, yet they're expected to work and smile nicely? No, they won't, you'll see apathy written all over most of them. Just imagine yourself unconscious on the operating table of a doctor thinking about how to pay his rent or wards school fees, u see how you're rejecting it by fire by thunder? That's cuz u know that patient is extremely unlikely to wake up. I know this, cuz I'm one of the owed doctors. Believe me, u don't want to do this job of saving lives while barely living yourself without getting renumerated

Most delays u experience at times have nothing to do with doctors and nurses, this is another fact. Imagine 2 thousand patients visiting a hospital and their folders are to b sorted by 2 pple, iono what u think, to me that makes no sense, it's a total system failure that is no fault of any healthworker

And you see ehn! When I see people say doctors swore an oath, I just laugh.

Please what oath exactly?
Can u highlight what the contents of that oath means?
Do u know anything about the implications of each of its lines?
And do u know that the original funny oath u know has been abandoned by almost all developed countries and that Nigeria has long followed suite?

Do u know why it was abandoned?
Do u know that even the supposed new oath underwent modifications less than 2 years ago and it now adequately protect the doctor and gives him some rights?
Do u know why those modifications were necessary?

Well maybe u do, maybe u don't. In all honesty it doesn't matter. What matters is that the doctor, just like you is a human being and what he's dealing with, unlike you, is LIFE. He needs as much a clarity of mind as possible to do his job well and u talking to him disrespectfully, not to even mention outrightly insulting him, will take away that clarity. So in ur own best interest, until u have gotten another doctor to attend to you or your relatives, please don't talk trash to the one supposed to attend to you
And Yes! Patients' relatives are terrible to deal with at times. If u lack manners of confabulations and home training, please leave it at the hospital gate. You have a right to think about ur sick relative as much as the doctor does, otherwise,, it's only a matter of time b4 a doctor puts off his white coat to let unleash the community acquired madness of a typical Nigerian that resides under that coat.
In as much as the doctor swore an oath to protect lives, that oath didn't mandate him to protect all lives cuz even if he wants to, he simply can't play God. And that same oath has now CATEGORICALLY allowed him to neglect you/ your relatives u if act rude to him. All he needs do is add ur name or that of ur relatives to those he can't save.
And please before u ever in ur life insult any Nigerian doctor again, try read about Nigerian doctors in diaspora to know how much we contribute to the world in saner climes and understand how your country, aided by your over inflated ego and irascible, cocky, valveless oropharyngeal orifice is killing us

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2019
mychiveous:
It is your arrogance that will kill you.

Insecurity add join sef? You geh many tins wey go kee you...

Your case don pass my power, it needs Babalawo intervention. cheesy
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

So if doctors aren't call "providers" . What do you suggest they should be called.

Every Profession got its hazard and we dont throw Ethic due to the Hazards.

Most engineers work off-site for days without support, in bad weather .

Will they complain - Yes

Should abandon their Job -NO

If Doctors can refuse to attend to patent, due to his/her attitude.

Then Bank CC and Telecoms CC can likewise do same .

If this is all you can surmise from all his explanations, it shows how flawed and warped your ratiocination is...
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2019
Colb461:
I pray nothing should happen to that kid.he is just a little child
the mother should have known that her child comes first before assaulting the doctor. You cannot blackmail us with an oath we swore. We cannot treat everyone.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Colb461: 6:40am On Oct 15, 2019
U just clear my suspicious...u are also part of those that took the oath?
funmisticqueen:
the mother should have known that her child comes first before assaulting the doctor. You cannot blackmail us with an oath we swore. We cannot treat everyone.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 15, 2019
Colb461:
U just clear my suspicious...u are also part of those that took the oath?
yes, and that oath was modified a few years ago to give me some protection. It is not by force to treat biko, if you cannot treat me like a fellow human being, i won't treat the patient like a human being.

The ignorance of many Nigeria makes me lose hope, i cannot spend my life treating people who think like this. I need to travel out ASAP and leave you all to your gbogbonise herbs, babalawos, chemists and health scammers. If anything happens to that kid, it is the mother's fault, not the doctor
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 15, 2019
mychiveous:
You are evil.A child has died in my presence while waiting for a doctor to attend to the child.Most of you doctors and nurses are only doing the job because of the money. Even satan is shocked by the level of wickedness you people display to patience
Satan cannot be bothered. Stop menstruating on the thread
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 15, 2019
Colb461:
My guy u don't need to hear from both parties these doctor's took an oath to treat care for thier patient in good and bad times..seriously i wonder what this country is turning into
Are you talking about an oath or a marriage vow? Don't get it twisted. Have you even read the said oath that doctors took?
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by monalicious(f): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2019
macIB:
The doctor has a right not to attend to any patient he or she feels not comfortable attending to.
There is no law forcing him to attend to the patient. He has that option. He has done nothing wrong.
Very true. If he attends to d child and something bad happens, d same woman wld rain fire and brimstone. I am not a doctor, but I think I understand d doctor's angle.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by mechanics(m): 6:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
He should be called to order.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Neddyogu(m): 6:56am On Oct 16, 2019
Yea but a health worker may choose not to attend to an abusive health care user.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Neddyogu(m): 7:03am On Oct 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
yes, and that oath was modified a few years ago to give me some protection. It is not by force to treat biko, if you cannot treat me like a fellow human being, i won't treat the patient like a human being.

The ignorance of many Nigeria makes me lose hope, i cannot spend my life treating people who think like this. I need to travel out ASAP and leave you all to your gbogbonise herbs, babalawos, chemists and health scammers. If anything happens to that kid, it is the mother's fault, not the doctor

Like I keep telling people, a health worker may choose not to attend to a physically, verbally, sexually abusive patient or client. No wrong done here. Many Patients these days are just sheer arrogant and overtly rude. No sense of courtesy at all.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Shhhh01(f): 8:04am On Oct 16, 2019
babadee1:

How do you know that the child was actually sick? A lot of parents bring their well children to the hospital just because they're worried. A hospital is a very busy place. Healthcare workers are trained to focus on those who need help the most first and foremost.
i cannot believe u just said that? why would a mother bring a well child to d hospital at d first place? it is impossible for a mother to bring her child to hospital knowing fully well that the child is fine. hospital being a very busy place is not an excuse o. And how can they focus on those who need help without doing tests first? haba?
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by helpee(m): 8:39am On Oct 16, 2019
Shhhh01:
i cannot believe u just said that? why would a mother bring a well child to d hospital at d first place? it is impossible for a mother to bring her child to hospital knowing fully well that the child is fine. hospital being a very busy place is not an excuse o. And how can they focus on those who need help without doing tests first? haba?
I can only laugh at your ignorance. How can they know who needs help without doing test first. You actually cracked me up. Honestly, what do you think doctors spent 7yrs learning in school and another 7yrs doing residency? Yes a mother can bring a baby that just need paracetamol to the hospital. We are not blaming her. But she must understand that the doctor will attend to those with convulsions first even if she had spent 3hrs there before they brought the one with convulsion. And hospital being a busy place is not an excuse.....but that is not the fault of the doctor. You think he must die because he want to attend to you? He will only do his own and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by babadee1(m): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2019
Shhhh01:

You're so ignorant of these issues that it's impossible to know where to start in educating you.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Shhhh01(f): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
babadee1:

You're so ignorant of these issues that it's impossible to know where to start in educating you.
well i can see who d ignorant one is here.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Shhhh01(f): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
helpee:
I can only laugh at your ignorance. How can they know who needs help without doing test first. You actually cracked me up. Honestly, what do you think doctors spent 7yrs learning in school and another 7yrs doing residency? Yes a mother can bring a baby that just need paracetamol to the hospital. We are not blaming her. But she must understand that the doctor will attend to those with convulsions first even if she had spent 3hrs there before they brought the one with convulsion. And hospital being a busy place is not an excuse.....but that is not the fault of the doctor. You think he must die because he want to attend to you? He will only do his own and leave the rest.
i hear. no need for epistle.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Dozie32(m): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2019
doyinbaby:
you are the stupid one....for judging without hearing the doctor side ... unrighteous judge like you .one day someone will judge you or your relation with hearing your side

Na your generation and papa, plus your stupid mother dey stupid. God punish you, bastardized asshole. Your parents are the worst idiots living on earth, to have giving birth to an idiot like you without aborting you. Go and die idiot. Bastard son.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Shhhh01(f): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2019
babadee1:

See ignoramus wanting to educate some one. shior.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Shhhh01(f): 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2023
Oga if u r a mother u will fuss over your little human. Even head ache gets us very worked up and worried. Do not blame us. It was not all bliss carrying and birthing them. The love nko when u are seeing them grow. Please abeg let us have human feeling
babadee1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yuda Baldness and Beard Hair Regrowth Remedy / Epilepsy- A Brain Disorder Not A Spiritual Attack / 10 Unknown Dental Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.