Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,892 members, 7,883,124 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:20 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1377173 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Deluvtj247: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
[quote author=ednut1 post=92125562] the VO has no concerns about existence of company and evidence of working there so pay stub is of no use. The issue is with JD. Some Nigerian banks give useless reference letters that don't do justice to the NOC.

Deluvtj247 wait for the senior officer to review or send ADR. If your HR can prepare another letter that would be fine also. If not wait for updates. [/quotes

Thank you for the details. The HR is not willing to prepare another letter. Please is there any other option for the letter? Also, if the issue is with the job description would they send adr before refusal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Deluvtj247: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
ednut1:
the VO has no concerns about existence of company and evidence of working there so pay stub is of no use. The issue is with JD. Some Nigerian banks give useless reference letters that don't do justice to the NOC.

Deluvtj247 wait for the senior officer to review or send ADR. If your HR can prepare another letter that would be fine also. If not wait for updates.

Thank you for the details. The HR is not willing to prepare another letter. Please is there any other option for the letter? Also, if the issue is with the job description would they send adr before refusal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Deluvtj247: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Elektra008:

Thanks for explaining better ednut1, I doubt hr will do another letter though, except his colleague or immediate supervisor agrees to give him another, like you said, it is best for the review or adr to be sent. A superior ircc officer might not have any issue with it though.

The HR is not willing to provide detailed information on the jd
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Deluvtj247: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mamaroon:

I may be wrong, but I suspect this JD is the problem...compare it to 1114 below. How well do you think they match?

Nothing in the JD seems to rhyme with Mortgage Broker, Financial Examiner, Financial Investigator Financial Underwriter, Trust Officer or Financial Planner as far as I can see.....but I may be mistaken.

Are there things that you do under one of these sections of 1114? Even if HR were to write another letter, what task do you perform that is not already included?

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/6e4535986f824d5dbbd077767ab65f9d?objectid=pcs3HlwKcpBngdQc8Gv1wyvIP8RVNRb30DCURJvYRTovl9wJhSDCLgvTp6QLdytu

3 duties under financial planner
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
Deluvtj247:

3 duties under financial planner

Ok, are these 3 duties on your JD?

If they are not, then it would not be possible for the officer to match the JD to NOC.

Did you provide other documents that show you perfomed these 3 duties? Appraisals, goals? You can wait and see what a senior officer will say........if it was my GCMS I would be providing evidence to support the 3 duties you mentioned from the NOC. They may or may not issue an ADR. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Deluvtj247:

let your supervisor write a detailed one for you. Reject any thoughts of refusal o. With IRCC or Visa officers they have no defined way of doing things its individual discretion most times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hydra1(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
seyitangirl:
Hello,
Quick question please, I have 3 years 4 months job Experience + 1 year NYSC experience with a master’s degree and I’m below 30 years. Before creating my EE profile, I checked my crs score online and it totaled 475. However on creating my EE profile, I was asked for my work experience and I chose the 2-3 years option. After transmitting my profile, my score dropped to 450. My best guess is that the score dropped because I chose 2-3 years as my work experience. I’m really confused o.. because, I thought that having 3 years or more work experience would earn me more points. I immediately withdrew the submission when I saw the drop in my score . Please I do I just add my NYSC work experience or what can I do?? cos I’m really confused at this point.
Thank you as you help me
You have over 3yrs experience so why choose 2-3 yrs?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
bankyh1905:
cc @SunshineD1 @MJKJ

Oinnn... You are doing well. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Deluvtj247: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mamaroon:

Ok, are these 3 duties on your JD?

If they are not, then it would not be possible for the officer to match the JD to NOC.

Did you provide other documents that show you perfomed these 3 duties? Appraisals, goals? You can wait and see what a senior officer will say........if it was my GCMS I would be providing evidence to support the 3 duties you mentioned from the NOC. They may or may not issue an ADR. Good luck.

No because there’s no document to show for it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Deluvtj247: 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2020
ednut1:
let your supervisor write a detailed one for you. Reject any thoughts of refusal o. With IRCC or Visa officers they have no defined way of doing things its individual discretion most times.

Thank you for the advice. Please note that my supervisor does not have access to the company’s letter head. Can he or she write on a plain sheet of paper and I get it notarized
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Fabguen: 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
Deluvtj247:

No because there’s no document to show for it

Hello Deluvtj247, bon courage! This appears to be a classic NOC mismatch problem as mamaroon pointed out. The main duties in NOC1114 and your reference letter does not match. Are you able to point out the 3 duties you mentioned? The burden of proof is on you to show a close NOC fit.

The JD in NOC1114 appears to be financial advisory/Supervisory oversight related but the JD in reference letter portrays you quite differently.

What is clear, is that a new letter is required. Obtain some form of written evidence that your HR won't adjust the letter and engage your supervisor to draft an updated reference letter that matches the chosen NOC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ThatCEO: 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
good day house, I have a question regarding whether my work experience will count as 3 years and above.
1st degree Mining Engineering.
2nd degree Civil engineering.

Work experience
18months as a mining engineer ( I want to use this as primary work experience). NOC 2143. Skill level A.
20 months as a language instructor, NOC 4021. Skill Level A. Kindly not that this job is not related to my education background.

Would I be able to combine these work experiences?
Would it count as over 3 years experience? I have 38months of full time experience.

Thank you and God bless.
@BeuHarry
Ednut1
Mamaroon
NaijaCanadian28
Elektra008
Fabguen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by IbroDante: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hi guys please I want to know if I can create another express entry profile? The previous one is not eligible and now I’m eligible due to education and rewriting ielts because I can’t edit it it’s not allowing me to thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Deluvtj247: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Fabguen:

Hello Deluvtj247, bon courage! This appears to be a classic NOC mismatch problem as mamaroon pointed out. The main duties in NOC1114 and your reference letter does not match. Are you able to point out the 3 duties you mentioned? The burden of proof is on you to show a close NOC fit.

The JD in NOC1114 appears to be financial advisory/Supervisory oversight related but the JD in reference letter portrays you quite differently.

What is clear, is that a new letter is required. Obtain some form of written evidence that your HR won't adjust the letter and engage your supervisor to draft an updated reference letter that matches the chosen NOC.

Thank you for your response. I hope a notarized letter from my supervisor would work
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ExpressEntry: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
Zeus04:

Responded with his digits. Confirm same

All the best man!

@Zeus04 Pls are there TEF materials and past questions just like we have for IELTS? Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nony92: 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hello All,

Is there anyone who can help me with a reliable and trustworthy contact that can help with transcript processing in Unilag.
It’s pretty urgent.

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ThowLou(m): 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
nony92:
Hello All,

Is there anyone who can help me with a reliable and trustworthy contact that can help with transcript processing in Unilag.
It’s pretty urgent.

Thanks!

Send me a PM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Elektra008(f): 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mamaroon:

What stands out to me is the 2yrs 10 months that the officer quoted twice. Looking at the CRS calculator, seems he is giving you only 25 points under section C skill transferability factors (2 to 3 years work experience) instead of 50 points for "3 or more years" work experience....which explains why your verified CRS is only 444 compared to 469 that got you the ITA, 25 points are missing.

You already provided pay stubs for 2017, 2018 and 2019 as noted by the officer....so not sure the issue is verifying pay.

You seem to be using a combination of 2 NOCs to get "3 years and above" work experience. However, he didn't say anything about your 1114 JD being a match for the NOC but he confirmed the 6314 JD was fine (JD matches lead statement and duties)..could it be something to do with inconsistent NOC for 1114? I recall someone saying recently that 1114 no longer has FT roles. Maybe check out how 1114 (NOC version 2016) currently compares with the JD you submitted.

In a lighter note, I am almost sure the VO is male. A female VO would have been more explicit in explaining what her review required is about! grin

Ft job titles are actually still there when you open index of titles

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by henrinco(m): 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
Deluvtj247:

Thank you for the advice. Please note that my supervisor does not have access to the company’s letter head. Can he or she write on a plain sheet of paper and I get it notarized
yea.. put the persons official email and phone number on the letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
Elektra008:

Ft job titles are actually still there when you open index of titles

We have been told here on NL over and over and over again (recently see page 626 & 659 where 2 different people made this point) that it's NOT the job title that needs to match the NOC, but rather the lead statement and duties. It's also clearly stated on the IRCC site. ...notice how they put "lead statement" and "all" essential duties in bold...it's for emphasis.

Looking at old posts, I also notice that in this case, the applicant got suggestions from NL to use 1114.....apparently someone else, an FT staff had used it. Regardless, the onus still lies with us as applicants. Pls see below from NOC guru Newmum0615 on 1114...it applies to NOCs in general.

Good luck to us all!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Annettevoke(f): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
what about if my previous job does not have an official email but Gmail? also no web presence but registered with CAC.

henrinco:

yea.. put the persons official email and phone number on the letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by henrinco(m): 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
Annettevoke:
what about if my previous job does not have an official email but Gmail? also no web presence but registered with CAC.
it is case specific... you cant give what you dont have.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
Thanks! If only I can make time for a thread. smiley
Richdee1:

Congrats Man! Hope to see your thread of everyday life
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
Jaybye:

Congrats chief. It must have been frustrating not being able to travel as planned while having resigned also from your job! But then, it was always going to end in praise...It was frustrating...indeed, it has ended in praise.

Lost access to the phone we used to chat on and the WhatsApp line (an old modem SIM) has even been deregistered long before then due to inactivity.
Oh, sorry about that. I'll send you a PM so that we can reconnect.

Thanks for always being there all those times I needed to rant about madam's ordeals. You're welcome bro, it was the lease I could have done. I hope you've had a breakthrough. May the breakthroughs in this new home far exceed your expectations of it. Amen. Amen, thanks bro.

THE WORLD TRULY NEEDS MORE CANADA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
Thanks!
pearlbola:
congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
Thanks man...Amen! You too!!
lordjonjo:
Congratulations boss and God bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
Thanks!
oginnite:

Its wonderful to behold. congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
Lol...thanks a lot!
SunshineD1:

Oinnn... You are doing well. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
ExpressEntry:

@Zeus04 Pls are there TEF materials and past questions just like we have for IELTS? Thanks!

Honestly, I am unsure... Perhaps, someone here can respond to this.

My French language studies at Alliance Francaise was purely for developmental purposes... It had nothing to do with writing TEF for the immigration process cos I am currently post ITA in the process.

I can link you up with one of my facilitators though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Elektra008(f): 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mamaroon:

We have been told here on NL over and over and over again (recently see page 626 & 659 where 2 different people made this point) that it's NOT the job title that needs to match the NOC, but rather the lead statement and duties. It's also clearly stated on the IRCC site. ...notice how they put "lead statement" and "all" essential duties in bold...it's for emphasis.

Looking at old posts, I also notice that in this case, the applicant got suggestions from NL to use 1114.....apparently someone else, an FT staff had used it. Regardless, the onus still lies with us as applicants. Pls see below from NOC guru Newmum0615 on 1114...it applies to NOCs in general.

Good luck to us all!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

Mama, I am in no way disputing all you put down here, I just made a response to what you said about someone saying ft title was no longer in noc 1114 example titles.

Almost every banker with ft role that got ppr used 1114 including new mum, the onus lies on the applicant to match his/her JD to the ones on the noc website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
ExpressEntry:

TEF materials

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration#70227147

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ExpressEntry: 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
Zeus04:

Honestly, I am unsure... Perhaps, someone here can respond to this.

My French language studies at Alliance Francaise was purely for development purposes... It had nothing to do with writing TEF for the immigration process cos I am currently post ITA in the process.

I can link you up with one of my facilitators though.

Alright, that will be highly appreciated. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (747)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.