Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,041 members, 7,919,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 06:33 AM

Which Culture Is The Best - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Culture Is The Best (6120 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / African Culture Is Dying! / Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Culture Is The Best by naijadiva2(f): 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2007
so i take it that you are black. now was that hard?
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by grafikdon: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2007
YOUNGDICE$:

how the hell you igbo and you speak hausa's hard to see a nigerian that don't speak hausa i don't know why?

Haba, that is not strange now, some of my uncles speak fluent Hausa and Yoruba, my mother and her parents, including all her brothers and sisters speak fluent Efik.
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by YOUNGDICEs(m): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2007
do you know what language's haba/WAHALA/UWAAKA/KAI.
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by grafikdon: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2007
YOUNGDICE$:

do you know what language's haba/WAHALA/UWAAKA/KAI.

Haba, na Hausa now. I tok am po true, aboki. cheesy
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by YOUNGDICEs(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2007
yoruba people are not the best but fo real their tribe's the best.

1 Like

Re: Which Culture Is The Best by YOUNGDICEs(m): 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2007
yoruba people are not the best but fo real their tribe's the best.
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by holythug(m): 10:57am On Aug 08, 2007
i love calabar wen it comes to food varieties n bedroom issues
i 8 hausas wen dey start dia crisis, but like dia language
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by onyx79(m): 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2007
To start with, this kind of question can only breed strife and bllind patriotism. The kind of delusion that made Hitler embark on a mad conquest. Nobody on earth had a hand in choosing the location where he or she would be born let alone the culture of its people.
I think what is more important is the contributions we have to make as individuals to ensuring that life is a bit better for others around us. Its about what we are doing with the lives we have, someone died gasping for breath last night. What are we doing with ours?
please if you already have children, teach them not to despise anyone based on tribe,colour or country. Appreciate the diversity that exists in life. If you look real close, there is unity in that diversity.
i hope that with these few points of mine, grin
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by laudate: 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2007
onyx79:

To start with, this kind of question can only breed strife and bllind patriotism. The kind of delusion that made Hitler embark on a mad conquest. Nobody on earth had a hand in choosing the location where he or she would be born let alone the culture of its people.

I think what is more important is the contributions we have to make as individuals to ensuring that life is a bit better for others around us. Its about what we are doing with the lives we have, someone died gasping for breath last night. What are we doing with ours?
please if you already have children, teach them not to despise anyone based on tribe,colour or country. Appreciate the diversity that exists in life. If you look real close, there is unity in that diversity.
i hope that with these few points of mine, grin

Preach it, bro'. Pree-ea-ach !! Well said!  cool
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by chidnosky: 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2007
Er, so where did the 'Obi' & 'Eze' titles come from then, if they never had kings?

Well, I'll answer that for you guys. Obi in Igboland is the dwelling place of a leader in Igbo. Igbo's have title holders who run the affairs of the village and make decisions. Their is no such thing as monarch like the Obas and Emirs. Ozor title holders and Nze live in Obis and lately it became a title name in Igboland.
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by chidnosky: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2007
, and what do you say about the Yoruba people and their durty habits I guess they are the best too. tongue tongue
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by Busta(f): 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2007
this thread will only lead to nuthing but fights, agruements and insults.
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2007
@busta. . .true that

@post
who cares. . . different cultures is what makes Nigeria a beautiful country, considering its the "#1 in scaming". undecided
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by MCUsman(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2008
To be sincere the Hausa culture is the most colorful, and internationally recognized amongst the numerous cultures and traditions in Nigeria. Reasons:-

1. The Hausa culture has numerous cultural events that attract visitors from across the globe e.g. Argungu International Fishing festival, Traditional Hausa Durbar (Horse ridding display).
2. The Hausa language is the second most popular and spoken language in sub Sahara Africa. It is the most widely spoken language after Swahili language.
3. The Hausa language due to is reputation is the major language spoken in Niger Republic, Togo, Benin, Chad, Cameroon, Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso and Guinea
4. The BBC, VOA German, Radio China & Radio Iran all aired International and Local news in Hausa language daily.
5. The British Council has an institute for Hausa language and tradition.
6. Hausa culture 7 Tradition is part of different courses studied at institute for African studies in British universities

Re: Which Culture Is The Best by babs787(m): 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2008
and what do you say about the Yoruba people and their durty habits I guess they are the best too.

What is that supposed to mean and for your information, I am a Yoruba man and nothing affects that. Se you hear? Why must this thread leads to insult, cant we ever live in peace?

@MCUSMAN

Dont bring that one here, Yoruba culture is the best.
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by davidif: 3:51am On Feb 19, 2008
i maybe yoruba but there is no such thing as a culture being better than the other one, everybody's culture is just as good as the other, certain people just decide to live a certain way, so who are you to say that they are wrong.
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by almondjoy(f): 6:59am On Feb 19, 2008
None! You have to take the good in all and make a medley like a salad and get rid of the unprogressive aspects of the others!

My take. Make a combination of all that is good and form the best. Not impressed with any particular culture in Nigeria. They just deceive themselve that the have one or some and just make too much of a noise to allow you to try and understand what kind of culture they are really yapping about.

My prayer one day, is to have a Nigerian culture of "patriotism" that takes care of all with pride, respect and prosperity regardless of ethnic affiliation not this mumbo jumbo hog wash being peddled around. kiss

Gosh! A love America! kiss
Re: Which Culture Is The Best by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 19, 2008
Of course everyone will say their culture is the best

anyway my culture is the best grin, reping EFIK people from Calabar, Our traditional weddings rockkkk, lol, and our food, and our dances, and our costumes, cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? / Before You Say; "Cut Soap For Me", Read This. / The Gullah Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.