Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,909 members, 7,918,956 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 06:20 PM

Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars (24700 Views)

Watching Movies And TV Shows Online For Free / Big Brother Naija Craze: Why Nigerian Youths Are Too Young To Run - Osayimwen / Revenge Of Shina Rambo Season 6 - 2017 Latest Nigerian Movies African Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by ruggedtimi(m): 10:53am On Feb 01, 2022
I have been singing about this since...lekki houses with colour riot interiors.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by pacespot(m): 10:57am On Feb 01, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:
I have noticed a phenomenon over the years of Nigerian movie directors using big mansions and cars in their productions. It's okay if it helps the plot, but most times, the storyline would be perfectly depicted using a more relatable average Nigerian house and car. In American movies, you hardly see them portray superlative riches unless it's relevant to the plot.

Has any other person noticed this or it's just me?

I believe they pay more to hire those big mansions than the actual money spent to produce the movie. grin grin grin

Nigerians and Africa at large have a long way to go. Now you see the reason why UAE does not want to renew their work permit.

It has become a madness the way people see money before anything in this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by DonCrack: 11:04am On Feb 01, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:
I have noticed a phenomenon over the years of Nigerian movie directors using big mansions and cars in their productions. It's okay if it helps the plot, but most times, the storyline would be perfectly depicted using a more relatable average Nigerian house and car. In American movies, you hardly see them portray superlative riches unless it's relevant to the plot.

You got the eagle eyes.. wink

go fort and see more... grin
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Benchilwell: 11:06am On Feb 01, 2022
Na only in Nigeria movie where president daughter they marry man that is living in under bridge grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 01, 2022
Not just Nollywood movies but also Nigeria music ,heck I think the music has more influence on this. Even our "celebrities" are not left out, always showing off every single thing online, while we are on this subject let's not forget to talk about how nudity is all over our social space and cyberspace. We need full overhaul.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Michelle70(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2022
jrusky:
That is not the main issue the issue is their attitude of living fake life is appalling. Their fakdness always reveal the moment any of them fall sick then you will be wondering someone who was displaying mansion and cars could not afford N5milion health bills then you begin to wonder what the hell is going on.
when Zubby Michael says he is the richest nollywood actor and he has 90m in his account.
I just noticed these people are damn poor.
I once say Livinus innochiri(that man that loves acting king) in portharcourt where he booked an hotel that I also stayed. The man look poor as hell and had to go back to lagos with bus.
Oh, I forgot, the hotel is 6k per night sef
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Princeton92(m): 11:10am On Feb 01, 2022
Teddiie:
I have noticed too... it's in nollywood movies that you'll see a poor man who can barely feed living in a big house

As in ehhh, that's why I hate their movies.
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by hotplate: 11:10am On Feb 01, 2022
i have always Wondered if it is the same Nigeria that i live in that these same producers and director lives in, where you see someone with just an average Job living in a well furnished apartment and driving a nice car but in reality you see that even grade 10, 11, and 12 workers can even barely afford the rentage of a 3bedroom flat let alone buying expensive car. Somehow these has made the standard and expectations from those working very high.
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Padipadi: 11:12am On Feb 01, 2022
edoairways:

Africans should stop using the west as a yardstick.
So what should we use as a yardstick?
Do we even have a yardstick or good point of references?
The west try to emulate balance, empathy & fair justice. You see that the voice of the masses are heared. But in Africa especially Nigeria, the poor are silenced. They feel oppressed and will want to impress in return.
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by udomma1005(m): 11:19am On Feb 01, 2022
cupidhero:

These movies are usually tailored for folks staying in face me i face you compounds.They create false hopes to lure their gullible fans into buying their products. They give them a glimpse of what life is like for the rich and powerful. With the level of poverty and illiteracy in Nigeria they will always have a loyal fanbase of misinformed viewers who have no idea of how much a bank manager earns or how much money you need to have to actually live the type of life portrayed in these movies . How do you expect me to see a movie which non of the actors or directors can play in their own homes. They make these movies for those who are less educated and less traveled than them and go back home and watch something directed by Steven Spielberg or any good foreign movie showing their dream locations or movies that deal with a subject matter they can relate with. To deceive Nigerians is as simple as ABC so i don't even expect them to understand the point i'm trying to make.
Your skool fees are justified grin

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by moneyissweet(m): 11:27am On Feb 01, 2022
You wicked.

Teddiie:
I have noticed too... it's in nollywood movies that you'll see a poor man who can barely feed living in a big house
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Rosaline5000: 11:33am On Feb 01, 2022
Kollins11:
Only in nollywood movies....A prince would want to marry a blind house maid.
What is the name of this movie
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by chatinent: 11:34am On Feb 01, 2022
Nollywood get script? Isn't all their movies revolving around sex, shooting, poor becoming rich and all those gibberish?
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Realmi: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2022
cupidhero:

These movies are usually tailored for folks staying in face me i face you compounds.They create false hopes to lure their gullible fans into buying their products. They give them a glimpse of what life is like for the rich and powerful. With the level of poverty and illiteracy in Nigeria they will always have a loyal fanbase of misinformed viewers who have no idea of how much a bank manager earns or how much money you need to have to actually live the type of life portrayed in these movies . How do you expect me to see a movie which non of the actors or directors can play in their own homes. They make these movies for those who are less educated and less traveled than them and go back home and watch something directed by Steven Spielberg or any good foreign movie showing their dream locations or movies that deal with a subject matter they can relate with. To deceive Nigerians is as simple as ABC so i don't even expect them to understand the point i'm trying to make.
life is sweet only in the movies grin
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Boniwhite: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2022
Kollins11:
Only in nollywood movies....A prince would want to marry a blind house maid.
My brother! I don dey do road side vaulcanizer for kubwa federal housing 4 3yrs now o. And i never see any of these abj rich girls wey de cum pump tyre 4 my hand, develop feelings 4 me o!

believe nollywood at ya own peril!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Vipro(m): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2022
;
Boniwhite:
My brother! I don dey do road side vaulcanizer for kubwa federal housing 4 3yrs now o. And i never see any of these abj rich girls wey de cum pump tyre 4 my hand, develop feelings 4 me o!

believe nollywood at ya own peril!
You fine? grin
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Vipro(m): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2022
Vipro:
;You fine? grin
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Jephyard(m): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2022
Padipadi:
So what should we use as a yardstick?
Do we even have a yardstick or good point of references?
The west try to emulate balance, empathy & fair justice. You see that the voice of the masses are heared. But in Africa especially Nigeria, the poor are silenced. They feel oppressed and will want to impress in return.

Out content writer should see this. This is the difference between having a degree with a brain and having a degree with no brain no be to just Sabi act/write a movies try create a balance and how you want people to live. We just too dey anyhowfor this Nollywood later some will say they dont promote ritual killing or Yahoo. Tv shape mind too
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by yusluvad(m): 11:42am On Feb 01, 2022
You're so on point...
Goahead:
The censorship board is toothless.

Movies and musics ought to be vetted for public consumptions.

Movies/songs that glorify scams, fraudsters and money rituals shouldn't make it to public - why hasn't this being implemented for goodness sake sad
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by NobleRace: 11:47am On Feb 01, 2022
okorosblog:
That is how they keep promoting ritual money

Let's help you clone your spouse's WhatsApp messages and get them delivered directly into your own phone.

It's cheap and takes less than 40mins

We also track and recover lost phones

0//8//1//1//3//0//77// one six seven

How much do you recover lost phones?
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by merits(m): 11:50am On Feb 01, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:

kokan aiye,na them sabi.
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by tarantino1: 11:52am On Feb 01, 2022
Michelle70:
when Zubby Michael says he is the richest nollywood actor and he has 90m in his account.
I just noticed these people are damn poor.
I once say Livinus innochiri(that man that loves acting king) in portharcourt where he booked an hotel that I also stayed. The man look poor as hell and had to go back to lagos with bus.
Oh, I forgot, the hotel is 6k per night sef

How do you know he has just 90m in his account? Do you know things we don't?
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Boniwhite: 11:52am On Feb 01, 2022
Vipro:
;You fine? grin
Brother man, am just making a refrence to all these sh!t of prince marry village girl princess marry palm wine tapper a rich girl develop interest in a road side mechanic abi an oil firm guy dates an agbo~jedi girl!
na 4 film all that one d hapen o! gandollar pickin marry ajimobi daugter so na wetin i dey try yarn be that. ofcourse i no fine o if u see my face e be like eba wey dem no turn well
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by InvertedHammer: 11:53am On Feb 01, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:

/

How many Nollywood play (I can’t call them movies) can you watch and make sense out of the plot? They recycle the same storyline until it becomes stale: Palace life, billionaire marries a poor village girl, rag to riches through rituals. Nothing in them that is thought-provoking.

/
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by mecuries(m): 11:54am On Feb 01, 2022
edoairways:
Africans should stop using the west as a yardstick. Most of their movies are fake.
what are movies meant to be?
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by okorosblog: 11:55am On Feb 01, 2022
NobleRace:

How much do you recover lost phones?

Let's talk on WhatsApp or give me a call
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Vipro(m): 11:56am On Feb 01, 2022
Boniwhite:
Brother man, am just making a refrence to all these sh!t of
prince marry village girl
princess marry palm wine tapper
a rich girl develop interest in a road side mechanic
abi an oil firm guy dates an agbo~jedi girl!

na 4 film all that one d hapen o!
gandollar pickin marry ajimobi daugter
so na wetin i dey try yarn be that.
ofcourse i no fine o if u see my face e be like eba wey dem no turn well
Na joke I dey ooo,all these epistle no really matter.

1)Nollywood is trash
2)God wey create you like that,know wetin him see.All right...
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Esthered: 11:57am On Feb 01, 2022
I watched a movie last week on Africa Magic Epic where the prince's love interest was driving a GLK, living large and no scene of how she earns was depicted throughout the movie.
You see the female characters wearing heels like stilettos.....indoors in the movie, haba...
A scene had one character playing the role of a movie director and his costume was an Africa Magic jacket with the logo worn by directors on set which in a sane country can lead to litigation issues.
In summary, na Asaba movies dey guilty as that's where they act most of those flashy movies.
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Litmus: 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Nothing wrong with those mansions. Nigerians should not listen to some of these critics. Some Africans and blacks just want Nigeria movies to dipict the filth and dirt stereotypes associated with Africa that comforts the West and emboldened the rest of the world to muck and look down on Africa. All this in the name of secretly not liking Nigeria and being secretly miffed that Nigeria is not De-marketing herself by painting herself as a destination of filth and squalor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes / Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) / Celebrities At 'Ghana Must Go' Premiere

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.