Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,933 members, 7,933,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:39 AM

South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive (2552 Views)

Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court / Sokoto And Her 4 States While Lagos Is Still One / APC Presidential Rally, Sokoto And Kebbi (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by calid16: 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2010
Yes jonathan can go with theĀ  oil together with south east and south west. If they go they wont survive. Even now see how they are fighting and sending daughter to go and do ashewo so that they can build house. They will be worst i tell you, oil has never made anyone rich, even Saudi cannot compare with compare with Singapore. If we in sokoto can sell our diary food and lagos and all the big banks and brilliant business sit up we will pass south africa. See how wild igbo and niger delta are , they are fighting
Everytime even the women, fight fight and kill and cheat without honesty and sell fake drug to innocent people and not care if they survive . Let them go , i bet you they will worse than congo in 2 years killing themselfs with genocide. Congo have over 20 trillion dollars of minerals in the ground, richest country land on this planet, why are they poorer than nigeria beggars ?
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by Beaf: 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2010
As funny as becomerich! grin
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2010
Are you ok? Does your title, "South East And South West Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive" make sense?
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by calid16: 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2010
Sorry about mistake i was typing with anger, i've corrected it.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2010
calid16:

Sorry about mistake i was typing with anger, i've corrected it.

Well then I agree with your title. Insha Allah it will happen.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by excanny: 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2010
The students of Mr. Becomrich just keeps increasing by the day. grin grin grin

Mr. Barzini, Alj harem, calid, and counting.

You guys have been 'wonderfully inspired'. keep coming

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2010
how am i becomerich angry angry angry angry
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2010
calid, thank u that is what i have been telling them

sokoto would survive

we do not want south-west also

yorubas can take there lagos with them

we northerners want to be on our own angry angry angry
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by excanny: 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2010
alj harem:

calid, thank u that is what i have been telling them

sokoto would survive

we do not want south-west also

yorubas can take there lagos with them

we northerners want to be on our own angry angry angry

True? The SW are a big consumer of your tomatoes. Where are you going to dump your tomatoes if the SW goes?
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by AndreUweh(m): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2010
calid16:

Yes jonathan can go with the oil together with south east and south west. If they go they wont survive. Even now see how they are fighting and sending daughter to go and do ashewo so that they can build house. They will be worst i tell you, oil has never made anyone rich, even Saudi cannot compare with compare with Singapore. If we in sokoto can sell our diary food and lagos and all the big banks and brilliant business sit up we will pass south africa. See how wild igbo and niger delta are , they are fighting
Everytime even the women, fight fight and kill and cheat without honesty and sell fake drug to innocent people and not care if they survive . Let them go , i bet you they will worse than congo in 2 years killing themselfs with genocide. Congo have over 20 trillion dollars of minerals in the ground, richest country land on this planet, why are they poorer than nigeria beggars ?
@the poster: your post shows that on the day brains were created, you were late. Do you have any evidence of Igbo fighting with Niger-Delta.
Only recently, pollution from zink has killed over 500 people in the old sokoto state, yet you did not comment about that. Why not concentrate on the useless almajiris ravaging your region, pollution and flood disasters instead of typing crap here?.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by Solomon227(m): 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2010
calid16:

Yes jonathan can go with theĀ  oil together with south east and south west. If they go they wont survive. Even now see how they are fighting and sending daughter to go and do ashewo so that they can build house. They will be worst i tell you, oil has never made anyone rich, even Saudi cannot compare with compare with Singapore. If we in sokoto can sell our diary food and lagos and all the big banks and brilliant business sit up we will pass south africa. See how wild igbo and niger delta are , they are fighting

Chai see wahala Becomerich has been spreading d virus, even to d North. Now how are we going to divide this country now wen Becomerich is alraedy unifying d country with his special trait?
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by AkinEgba: 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2010
Andre Uweh:

@the poster: your post shows that on the day brains were created, you were late. Do you have any evidence of Igbo fighting with Niger-Delta.
Only recently, pollution from zink has killed over 500 people in the old sokoto state, yet you did not comment about that. Why not concentrate on the useless almajiris ravaging your region, pollution and flood disasters instead of typing crap here?.

It was not zink (Zn) that killed them, it was Lead (Pb). Zn is far more benign than Pb. All the soil in Old sokoto is now lead-polluted. O jigbi jigbi jigbi
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2010
@poster, you lack credibility by comparing Saudi with Singapore,
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 12:02am On Nov 09, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

@poster, you lack credibility by comparing Saudi with Singapore,

Nope, he is completely correct. The lot of your average man or woman in Singapore is far better than that of your average Saudi.

excanny:

True? The SW are a big consumer of your tomatoes. Where are you going to dump your tomatoes if the SW goes?

Trade does not cease, even if political division occurs. Trade benefits both sides; stopping trade for political reasons is cutting your nose off to spite your face. If they stop selling us tomatoes, then we have to source it from somewhere else, likely at higher cost. And at the same time, it is another business and area of potential profit shut out for them.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 12:05am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

Nope, he is completely correct. The lot of your average man or woman in Singapore is far better than that of your average Saudi.

T[b]rade does not cease, even if political division occurs. Trade benefits both sides; stopping trade for political reasons is cutting your nose off to spite your face. If they stop selling us tomatoes, then we have to source it from somewhere else, likely at higher cost. And at the same time, it is another business and area of potential profit shut out for them. [/b]

tell them dapo

this people do not understand how politics and economies works

shame, all they know is what happened in 1967, shame
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 12:21am On Nov 09, 2010
To be quite honest, if Yorubaland can ensure good power supply, have large amounts of internally generated revenue in each state and be able to freely elect our governors without PDP rigging and interference, I wouldn't mind staying in Nigeria. If you have those three things, then it wouldn't be that bad (Of course, I'd prefer for us to have our own police force and army too.)

But I'm not completely convinced it is possible to have these things while remaining in Nigeria. We've not had those things in Yorubaland for 30+ years. It is probably best to find a solution outside of this framework called Nigeria.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by Missy85(f): 12:49am On Nov 09, 2010
there's some mileage in the argument for splitting Nigeria, though I havent given that option a deep thought yet, so I'm undecided.

To those who say South South & South East can form a union. Highly unlikely I'm afraid. Right now, the SS mistrusts the Igbos prob more than the Hausas.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 1:06am On Nov 09, 2010
Missy85:

there's some mileage in the argument for splitting Nigeria, though I havent given that option a deep thought yet, so I'm undecided.

To those who say South South & South East can form a union. Highly unlikely I'm afraid. Right now, the SS mistrusts the Igbos prob more than the Hausas.

You're wrong. Stop spreading propaganda.Earlier you put up a thread disrespecting Igbos but immediately took it down. Stop telling lies,hopefully you will find your way.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 1:12am On Nov 09, 2010
i think the ss like us northerners because we both share a common goal angry
to make this country a better islamic state for our citizen
but soon enough igbos would join us in this union, i bet u
because igbo, ijaws and us northerners share a very common goal

ss with the igbo, i don't see that happen because must igbos and ohaneze re for ibb instead of gj wish is the ss only optunity to be president
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 1:18am On Nov 09, 2010
I don't see any real incentive for the SS to have a union with the SE. Why share the oil money? If they declare their own republic, they dont have to share the money with the SE. So for what reason would they unite?
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 1:38am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

I don't see any real incentive for the SS to have a union with the SE. Why share the oil money? If they declare their own republic, they dont have to share the money with the SE. So for what reason would they unite?

The reason is deeper than what you,a yoruba, will ever know. By what you typed is clear you,a yoruba, don't know much about the SS,which includes igbos. All you see is "oil" thats are non- SS and SEasterners think about. Both SS and SE have oil so your point is not thorough at all.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 1:51am On Nov 09, 2010
Probably quite true that the reasons would be unknown to me. But that is why I ask. For what reason would they seek political union with you? You've not really answered the question, simply claimed that I don't know the reason (which I already admitted in my original post.)
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 2:17am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

Probably quite true that the reasons would be unknown to me. But that is why I ask. For what reason would they seek political union with you? You've not really answered the question, simply claimed that I don't know the reason (which I already admitted in my original post.)

One thing which you have to understand is history with in the tribes in the East. Another thing is the clamor for a new country which consist of Igbos and Ibibios etc. The said country, "Biafra" has already been in the works and structure set up as far as how the country is to be run. This type of planning between various groups in the East has been going on for years even till this day. Socio-cultural connections between the two regions are very strong. Now when you have the agitation of two countries formed out of the region, "ND Republic" and "Biafra", it complicates things even more. For instance, which country will offer us a better deal, which country has the better structure,organization, and planning so to speak. Also, history of wars amongs the tribal people in the the region. For instance, the Ijaws believe Warri belong to them;however, itsekiri think it belongs to them so lets say an itsekiri were to become president, the ijaw will be in fear of being pushed out and warri completely given to itsekiri and vice versa. Why do you think Edwin Clark is trying to have Gov. Uduaghan unseated as Delta State Governor?. History place a big part also, its not just about "oil".
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 2:22am On Nov 09, 2010
Fair enough. I would be interested to hear the thoughts of the people of the SS itself.

Anyway, I have no dog in the fight. So long as the rights of the Itsekiri are protected in whatever state they choose to enter, I'm fine with however things develop.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 2:28am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

Fair enough. I would be interested to hear the thoughts of the people of the SS itself.

Anyway, I have no dog in the fight. So long as the rights of the Itsekiri are protected in whatever state they choose to enter, I'm fine with however things develop.

In ND republic the Ijaw and Itsekiri must battle for warri which ever way you put it and if the Ijaws believe it is their land,which does seem to be, there is no way that land is entering another country other than theirs. Certain territories are high volatile such as Warri and Opobo.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by jason12345: 2:32am On Nov 09, 2010
am itsekiri ooooo! we are not going with the igbos and ijaws to any biafra!!!

just wanted to make that clear. by the way, warri is not, i repeat not ijaw land. if it was, we wouldn't have olu of warri
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 2:41am On Nov 09, 2010
jason12345:

am itsekiri ooooo! we are not going with the igbos and ijaws to any biafra!!!

just wanted to make that clear. by the way, warri is not, i repeat not ijaw land. if it was, we wouldn't have olu of warri

Itsekiri going to Biafra is out of the equation. Noone wants itsekiri into Biafra. The talk was about Itsekiri going into the ND Republic. And if youre hope they go with the yorubas if the ND Republic is declared it is highly unlikely. Don't get it twisted it appears from what I have read to be more of Ijaw land than anything. Don't let that "Olu of Warri" stuff fool you. Learn the history behind it. Awolowo named the Olu Olu of "Warri" which he was strongly advised not to do because of trouble it will cause from warris real indigenes. He went ahead and did it anyway. That act of dominance is one of the main reason the Midwestern Region was created apart from the West.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 2:52am On Nov 09, 2010
If the Itsekiri shall not be in Biafra, then it seems doubtful to me that Warri or Delta state is likely to follow.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 2:56am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

If the Itsekiri shall not be in Biafra, then it seems doubtful to me that Warri or Delta state is likely to follow.
gbam

itsekiri is a dialect of ijebu

but they oringnated from the benin kingdom

ijaw people are not the 4th largest ethnic group, it is just a political slogan by obj

ijaws are not the owner of warri
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 2:59am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

Delta state does not move when itsekiri moves so the way you put it is incorrect. whatever itsekiri does na their own business. Don't say Delta State, There are igbos from delta state and they will definitely go with their brothers. Also there is Urhobo/Isoko in Delta State and they have a mind of their own. Once again We are talking about ND Republic also so keep that in mind. And Warri is a volital area you cannot call warri by itsekiri. The Olu there is olu of his own people, not "Warri".
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by jason12345: 3:03am On Nov 09, 2010
alj harem:

gbam

itsekiri is a dialect of ijebu

but they oringnated from the benin kingdom

ijaw people are not the 4th largest ethnic group, it is just a political slogan by obj

ijaws are not the owner of warri

delta state is mainly shared between itsekiris and urhobos.

but in the nigerdelta, i think the ijaws are more than any group. so yes thy are the 4th largest.

as things stand, the if nigerdelta republic is formed, then the itsekiris would follow. but the idea that the[b] whole[/b] niger delta would follow anybody to any other republic is a joke.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 3:08am On Nov 09, 2010
jason12345:

delta state is mainly shared between itsekiris an urhobobs.

but in the nigerdelta, i think the ijaws are more than any group. so yes thy are the 4th largest.

as things stand, the if nigerdelta republic is formed, then the itsekiris would follow. but the idea that the[b] whole[/b] niger delta would follow anybody to any other republic is a joke.

You are wrong. You should have learned more about where you claim to be from. Delta state is not shared mainly between itsekiris and urhobos. And also in the ND, the Ibibios are the largest. The stuff that beccomerich continues to talk about with edo and delta moving to his peoples republic is more that laughable,aint happenin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Undisputed Profile Of Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba / BEHOLD: The MKO Abiola International Airport, Osun (under Construction) / Letter To President Jonathan, By Al- Mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.